Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received my interview date at Great Lakes, Mid next month, with poly to follow the following day. Glad things are finally moving
    Last edited by Jagger3939; 10-30-2019, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Will Code10 receive my email if I send them a follow up question? I'm trying to find out when my polygraph is going to take place. I got an auito reply that they weren't currently accepting applications.

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        AV1195 yes they will. I've sent them two separate emails in the last month and a half, received the auto-response, and then received a reply from them.

• Was told by an SA today, NCIS is billeted for 1200 SA’s and he believed current level is mid 700s. If you make it to the Panel, the job is yours to lose ladies and gentlemen.

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just mentioned it as I was messaging with someone on here that it happened to a few weeks ago. I don't disagree with you at all -- it's a waste of time and resources to kick someone that far along.

• cbp1363
        cbp1363 commented
        Editing a comment
        The background knocks a good amount of applicants out of the process. And the background starts after the poly so that makes sense.

• roadto1811
        roadto1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually incorrect .... Director himself said we're pretty close to full strength. But, anticipated to lose a lot over the next few years to attrition.

Also highly doubtful anyone would get kicked after passing the poly.... Either they're being untruthful about passing the poly, or they were told they "probably" passed on the spot but HQ kicked it back. No reason to have someone that passes the poly get booted from the process
        Last edited by roadto1811; 11-10-2019, 12:01 PM.

• Wojo8
        Wojo8 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was told the number was in the mid 700s at my interview as well. They are seeking to hire a strong pool of new agents over the course of this year and next, but they also said since they are all so good at what they do, they aren’t struggling. They want more and can afford more, but can afford to be as selective as they are and have been. So don’t blow it.

• Originally posted by Jagger3939 View Post
      There are several people on this thread that passed the interview panel (within the last month), passed the poly, only to be given the "better qualified applicant" email a week later. I believe you are correct in saying they have large vacancies, but if they are only hosting 3-4 classes in 2020, they still have a maximum throughput of 72-96 new agents for the year. That can still make it very selective at the hiring board, after the interview.
      Did they do the medical and drug test as well?

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        This individual completed the drug test and was waiting for medical date, when they were notified.

• Scrabulous
        Scrabulous commented
        Editing a comment
        Did they fail the drug test?

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t believe so.. the email they got was the “better qualified applicants” response. Nothing specified to failing the test. But who knows, it could have been something specific

• Scrabulous
        Scrabulous commented
        Editing a comment
        Just asking because the way you stated the timeline of events. I would agree it had to be something specific and agencies like NCIS will not tell the specifics of why someone is not considered.

• Anyone have a good reference for practice questions or material for the panel?

Comment

• Gosc1775
        Gosc1775 commented
        Editing a comment
        I can’t offer any advice on the questions or what to study, but I will say this. Listen to each question, think about your own past experiences that you can reference from. Answer the question and stop talking. People have a tendency to fill silence, so try and resist. If you have sufficiently answered the question then there is no need to keep bumping your gums. Good luck to you whenever you go!

• Poly scheduled in DC area for 11/20. It was originally scheduled the week prior but had to be rescheduled on their end. Anyone know how soon after poly the BI starts and if I will be notified? Trying to break the news to my current employer before an investigator calls.

Comment

• Scrabulous
        Scrabulous commented
        Editing a comment
        Security and suitability BIs will overlapped, but security is just for your clearance (access to sensitive data) and the other is you’re not a piece of crap (suitability). The hiring panel looks at the overall whole person concept. It’s likely your references will be contacted twice. With the current backlog, your suitability will be completed well before your security. Regardless, you can start training with an interim clearance until your security investigation closes and you’re adjudicated.

• AV1195
        AV1195 commented
        Editing a comment
        Who contacted you? Im still waiting to hear..

• Scrabulous
        Scrabulous commented
        Editing a comment
        NCIS agent contacted me for my suitability. I waited a bit for NCIS to start the background. I was told by HR it started in June, but I wasn’t contacted until the end of October.

• kb9977
        kb9977 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was contacted by a NCIS agent for my background in July. Still pending completion...

• Does anyone have a clue how long it typically takes to hear back about results for your poly? How are you notified?
      Last edited by MTB517; 11-13-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• kb9977
        kb9977 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was told immediately afterwards...

• Scrabulous
        Scrabulous commented
        Editing a comment
        Same. The polygraph agent would tell you at the conclusion of the test with the caveat the results are not final until QC concurs.

• Gosc1775
        Gosc1775 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you didn’t pass you would know. They would’ve made it clear.

• I just finished my Poly and I was told I passed on the spot pending HQ QC.

Comment

• How long does it take to go from poly to medical/drug test?

Comment

• Scrabulous
          Scrabulous commented
          Editing a comment
          My medical and drug test notification to schedule came approximately two weeks after polygraph, but I didn’t conduct them until about four weeks later.

• It took less than a week for my drug test and medical to be scheduled

Comment

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          Who does the exam — I’m guessing they send you to the nearest VA closest to the applicant?

• Originally posted by Jagger3939 View Post
        Who does the exam — I’m guessing they send you to the nearest VA closest to the applicant?
        The nearest Naval or Marine base.

Comment

Last edited by bobbyknightkrz; 12-08-2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Jagger3939
            Jagger3939 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did they give you a date/time to arrive, or did they just tell you to call and setup an appointment?

Last edited by bobbyknightkrz; 12-08-2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• When I submitted my application, I didn’t think twice about it, almost forgot about it. Two months later, a COE popped up. Again, not much thought accepted and back to reality. Three months later, I did the panel and poly, now its refresh refresh refresh......

Comment

Last edited by bobbyknightkrz; 12-08-2019, 08:55 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9854 users online. 497 members and 9357 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X