300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For everyone awaiting the call,

I have a friend who had interviewed in the Spring to be an admin with NCIS. She received her call on Thursday (10/10). Her hiring coordinator told her that there had been a hiring freeze since mid summer that was just lifted. They tried to get her to start the last week of Oct but settled for early Nov. This means they need to onboard everyone that has a start date before late Nov before they can get to the Academy folks (per my deductive reasoning.) It also means that for the Dec academy to be filled already notices would have had to gone out before the hiring freeze, which is way before they even knew there was going to be a Dec academy. I was specifically told in an email from HR in June that they didn't know what the Academy classes for FY20 would be yet. I then received an email in August stating that the next Academy would be in Dec with a late Nov report date. I know its nerve wracking but I think this all suggests that calls are coming. Stay patient and leave your phone ringers on friends.

Comment

• Just a heads up calls went out today for the December class

Comment

• cbp1363
        cbp1363 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m not going to list the FO. It was his last choice and ncis only offers one location at the time of the call and you get a few days to decide.

• reztap
        reztap commented
        Editing a comment
        Could you tell us what the start dates are? Or does it differ depending on FO? Was just wondering if they have to report end of Nov, how that falls with the holidays.

• FishinFed
        FishinFed commented
        Editing a comment
        Start date may depend on multiple factors.

• Wojo8
        Wojo8 commented
        Editing a comment
        cbp1363 do you mind sharing iyo what the hard to fill locations are at this time? I know it is something that is in constant flux, but it might be helpful to know where they are wanting warm bodies.

Comment

• Is there anyone here that is in the hiring process or has been hired, that applied and needed an age waiver? I’ve done a considerable amount of searching on multiple forums and cannot find anywhere an average time to get the waiver back from HQ

Comment

• So my notification process has been slightly different from what I’ve been reading on this forum. It seems like all of you guys have been getting notified via email of where you stand in the process. Myself on the other hand, my BI has informed me of where I stand in this entire process and I’ve only received emails when it came time for scheduling appointments for interview, poly, drug test, medical screening etc. According to my BI I’m in the hiring pool but I haven’t heard word from HQ. Is this normal or has anyone else experienced this same thing?

Comment

• kb9977
            kb9977 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like the notification of being in the hiring pool may happen once the BI is completed? I've completed everything up to the BI with the only contact being between my investigator and the agent who scheduled my drug test/interview/poly/med. My confusion is at what point are applicants placed within the hiring pool...

• Jagger3939
            Jagger3939 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have they done away with the hiring board review as the last step?

• Gosc1775
            Gosc1775 commented
            Editing a comment
            The hiring review board is the final step, after which you will receive notification that your packet was found favorable or not. If found favorable, you will be placed into the hiring pool.

• Brightlife
            Brightlife commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay. I never got the email that I was in the hiring pool. My BI told me I was. Hopefully I hear something soon as everyone here is wishing for. How long did it take everyone to get the email that they were in the hiring pool? My background was completed in July/August.

• Just got my call!!!

Comment

• Just got my call!!!!

Comment

• Gosc1775
              Gosc1775 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congratulations!

• Tito2921
              Tito2921 commented
              Editing a comment
              I already have a clearance, and thank you

• Brightlife
              Brightlife commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome, congrats!!

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              Curious, what is/was your report date after receiving the call? Trying to see how long they gave to move.

• Hi everybody. I thought I'd introduce myself since I'm sure I'll be following this forum for a while. I'm transitioning out of the Army, and on Thursday there's a job fair at my post, so I plan on dropping a resume at NCIS's booth.

How's the hiring timeline been? I've got 15 months left of active-duty time. I'd hate to apply for a job and then have to decline it if the offer came too early.

Comment

• Gosc1775
              Gosc1775 commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome. The timeline varies from person to person. If you have a job fair coming then drop a resume. I would include a cover letter with the anticipated separation date as well.

• Slightly disheartening but my poly was cancelled because the examiner had unexpected travel during my examination apparently. I interviewed in September and was told my poly would be scheduled in October, got a tentative date in early November and just received notification it was cancelled and they'd reach out to me early December to reschedule. Anyone else have any issues with timeline like this? I am local to the DC area so that may be my downfall.
            Last edited by aspiring_1811; 10-23-2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• aspiring_1811
              aspiring_1811 commented
              Editing a comment
              My total timeline is:

App - June '19
              COE - August "19
              Interview - September '19

Up until this point it moved pretty quick. Just annoying this is my snag because I can't move forward until the poly is done.

• Scrabulous
              Scrabulous commented
              Editing a comment
              Look on the bright side... you were scheduled and they cancelled it. At least they’re communicating with you. Things like these happen. Agencies like NCIS not only utilize polygraphs as part of their employment process, but also as a tool for their investigations. The process takes time. Try not to think about it and before you know it, you’ll be taking the polygraph. After comes the medical, drug, BI... it will take time.

• kb9977
              kb9977 commented
              Editing a comment
              Everyone's timeline is different, but some of us have been waiting about a year since application. Just got to sit back and enjoy the ride.

• aspiring_1811
              aspiring_1811 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've done four poly's so I understand the process haha. Just annoying that it keeps getting pushed. It's odd because I was under the impression the polygraph is typically scheduled fairly close to the interview but I guess because I'm local to DC I just get pushed off.

• Panel Interview Nov 13 with possibly follow on Poly Nov 14, in RI for all those interested.

Comment

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you get an email today scheduling you for it?

• MTB517
              MTB517 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was scheduled as well today, but for the 12th and 13th respectively in Newport.

• Brightlife
              Brightlife commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! Good luck with the interview and poly!

• Just got an email for my interview 12 November. Dose anyone have any advice/tips for the interview. I was told by a friend of mine that there is a writing sample. Can anyone chime in?

Thank you.
            Thank You
            "The First rule of being strong is protecting the weak"

Comment

• MTB517
              MTB517 commented
              Editing a comment
              Can’t say I ever heard anyone mention that, so that’d be a surprise to me come my interview date.

• Scrabulous
              Scrabulous commented
              Editing a comment
              I did my interview in June. There was a writing sample. As for the interview... best way to prepare is to Google behavioral questions for interviews and STAR method.

• Brightlife
              Brightlife commented
              Editing a comment
              When I went for my interview there was a writing sample. I completed that before I had the interview. All I can tell you that it is a structured interview. Be confident in your responses. They do take notes so don’t let that bother you. Don’t be afraid to ask them questions at the end either.

Good luck to you!

• Anyone doing an interview at Great Lakes, IL?

Comment

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              When did you get an email about an interview? I'm in Chicago but they said I would be interviewed in Rhode Island.

• Wojo8
              Wojo8 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same time frame as everyone else it seems and for the same week others are saying. I assumed I would be sent to RI as well because of my location. My state does fall under their coverage, however, mileage wise Chicago is much closer - 6 1/2 hour drive as opposed to nearly double that. So it seems like they are taking things like that into consideration since they recently added they new Central Field Office. You may have been told that prior to the new division of offices which is very recent. It could also have to do with polygrapher availability too? Who knows. But if you have a COE you should get an invite to interview, they just don’t have to say when. I’ve been waiting since the end of May.

• Is Poly Full Scope or only CI? Average length? I had some military officers in the past fail CI multiple times due to being nervous.

Comment

• Scrabulous
              Scrabulous commented
              Editing a comment
              Lifestyle and CI. I think my polygraph was about three hours. The time is dependent on the individual.

• Can you have more than one background investigation going at the same time? I applied to several agencies. One has started the investigation. Does that mean NCIS can't start one until the other agency is finished?

Comment

• Scrabulous
              Scrabulous commented
              Editing a comment
              You can have more than one background occurring. NCIS asked me if I applied to any other agencies and I told them the agencies and where I was at in their process.

• kb9977
              kb9977 commented
              Editing a comment
              You can have more than one. If possible, when one is initiated ask the investigator if you can share their contact info to future investigators to expedite the 2nd, 3rd... b.i.

• Just got an email today from NCIS:

Thank you for your interest in the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) and for stopping by our table at the Ft. Belvoir Fall Career Fair...

When we are accepting applications for the Special Agent position, it will be announced on our website. Thanks and have a good day.

So why did they take my resume at the career fair?... Doesn’t make any sense.

Comment

• Scrabulous
              Scrabulous commented
              Editing a comment
              When there are openings, NCIS will review your resume.

This was on the NCIS website:

“Due to the volume of applications received, NCIS is not currently accepting applications through the recruitment email box. NCIS will be reviewing applications received as of October 8, 2019 and will reopen the recruitment box once these have been reviewed and vacancies are identified. NCIS will continue to attend recruitment events previously identified and will collect resumes at these locations for future consideration. Thank you for your interest in NCIS.”

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10730 users online. 379 members and 10351 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X