300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an opinion...

I received COE on 8/6. I followed up with Code10 on 8/30, and they advised me I would be interviewing out of RI and would be receiving an email "shortly" with my date. Never received any email. Sent a follow up email on 9/30, and have yet to receive a response. I don't want to bug them... should I just sit tight? I know at least one or two other people on here that applied around the same time I did, and received an interview date out of RI.

Comment

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      So we are coming up on 10/30 -- which will mark 30 days since my last follow up email which went ignored -- and will be close to 3 months without receiving an interview date after COE. Any thoughts on me calling the HR office or emailing again -- or is the opinion to still sit tight?

• Gosc1775
      Gosc1775 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s a tough spot to be in, but be patient. I spoke to my recruiter yesterday and NCIS is slammed right now doing interviews. They will get around to you and all the others still waiting. He has been at it non-stop he said. With that, he recognized it is difficult to not hear anything and encouraged a polite email asking for any update that could be provided. If the last time you reached out you never received a response, I for one don’t think it would hurt to send a courteous email inquiring about an interview date.

• parkscout93
      parkscout93 commented
      Editing a comment
      When I talked to the recruiters at the job fair yesterday, they said not only is email box closed for new applications, there's still 70+ resumes sitting in that inbox they haven't even had a chance to look at yet. They're currently only accepting paper resumes at job fairs they've already committed to, then they'll be shutting it all down until they catch up.

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      parkscout93 I already have a COE. They’ve already reviewed my resume. I’m waiting for an interview date.

• Had my interview. Went very well but they wouldnt tell me if i passed or not. I got fingerprinted and had my overall physical features entered into their system. Does anyone know if this is good or bad?

Comment

• Gosc1775
      Gosc1775 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you got fingerprinted then you have moved on to the next stage. Expect a polygraph soon.

• Anyone gotten a phone call for a Final Job Offer this week. Or heard anything through the rumor mill? I’ve heard a couple things but don’t want to count chickens before they hatch either.

Comment

• Sgt0844
      Sgt0844 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last I heard there was December class but it was filled up. So unless there’s applicants backing out last minute, I’m guessing March will be next citp.

• Tito2921
      Tito2921 commented
      Editing a comment
      You don’t know how badly I hope that information is wrong.

• Classsic
      Classsic commented
      Editing a comment
      Tito2921, same here. From i understand, usually they let you know a month or 2 before you're supposed to go to the academy. If what Sgt0844 is saying is true, that means the December class for their academy dates at least 3 months in advance, which means those going to the March class should start receiving notices soon. Either way notices are coming eventually. Hopefully those of us in the hiring pool hear something soon.

• reztap
      reztap commented
      Editing a comment
      Tito2921 I spoke to my friend this weekend who has been in process for an admin position since early spring, she got her call on Thursday. She told me the lady who contacted her said that there has been a hiring freeze since early summer and it was just lifted and things in the office were hectic right now. They tried to set her start date for end of Oct but ended up settling on Nov. I think since there was a major hiring freeze, they are probably working through the list starting with people who have start dates before the Dec academy, and will be hopefully getting to us sometime this week. That is just my hope, going to cross my fingers and my toes.

• Tito1293 this was as of beginning of September so maybe things changed

Comment

• reztap
      reztap commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you hear the people had been notified?

• Sgt0844
      Sgt0844 commented
      Editing a comment
      Negative. I was inquiring on next citp classes and know December and March was mentioned but December was filled. Sorry all the scoop I have

• According to my BI there are a total of 5 classes one being geared towards the people who have already taken CITP. He also mentioned that 2 of the 4 classes may be filled already, but he wasn’t entirely sure. I’m hoping to hear something soon just like everyone else! Fingers crossed to everyone in the pool and in the process.

Comment

• Does anyone know the answer to the following:

1. On SF86 section 28 - I was a plaintiff in a class action but I don’t believe I was ever named. Multiple massive class action lawsuits. Do I have to disclose this? I have no problem but I had already submitted my SF86 and am verifying everything on SF86 for accuracy before my background.

2. In highschool I went to a private school. The school asked me to drive a foreign student to school because his grand father was dropping him off to meet the bus on some route everyday. I lived outside the coverage where the local public school system would drive (wasn’t within the distance by state law). So he used to come over and I used to drive myself, him and another friend. We had no obligation to drive him it anything the school just asked. We haven’t had contact since the last day I drove him. Do I have to disclose this as part of section 19 - foreign contacts?

If I have to disclose these I will amend when I go to my polygraph. Just want to make sure I’m on top of everything.

Comment

• FishinFed
        FishinFed commented
        Editing a comment
        1. Plaintiff is usually not an issue. Defendant maybe, but you can clarify in the process as they will go through it with you. No one....emphasis on NO ONE expects you not to possibly have clarifications when you actually sit down with a human and go through it.

2. I would say no...but see above.

• You might be overthinking this. However, disclose anything that makes you uncomfortable. They will decide if it's relevant or not.

Comment

• Did the panel interview, fingerprints and polygraph. I haven't heard anything since. Does anyone know what I should expect from here on out?

Comment

• Tito2921
          Tito2921 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sit tight. It’ll more than likely be a few months before they contact you again via email. No news is good news sometimes.

• Brightlife
          Brightlife commented
          Editing a comment
          It may be a month or a few months but next you should expect to do your physical and drug testing

• NCIS will send out emails stating we anticipate an academy during these dates. The email is basically asking are you willing to accept the position and are you available for these dates. Granted, not everyone gets those emails, and it’s not a hard and fast rule that you will receive an email like that (I did not). No news is good news. NCIS was sending people to CITP, waiting for a sabt class, and then send agents to those classes whenever slots became available. I heard the new director is not a fan of that and there a rumors of the agency revamping the academy i.e. condensing it so it’s not as long. The next few years there will be plenty of hiring due to retirements and agents leaving for other 1811’s. My class of 24 has had 6 leave for various agencies. So, there will be positions available for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• FishinFed
          FishinFed commented
          Editing a comment
          My bad...see comment below

• NCIS is going to continue to consistently hire new people.

Yes, the process can be glacially slow...and to be honest may not be completely awesome at communication, but if you are past the interview stage, standby because things can happen in a hurry.

Comment

• AV1195
          AV1195 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im awaiting my poly. I got fingerprinted after the interview. Thinking ill get a date this week or next week. Is NCIS' poly like USSS, tons of control questions that make you feel extremely uncomfortable or is it more geared towards the SF86 and your application?

• FishinFed
          FishinFed commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not remotely close to the Medieval Torture Session applied by the Secret Service...but it may drift out side of the SF 86.

• How many people on here that applied while the code 10 email was accepting submissions, are still waiting for an interview date?

Comment

• Did anyone who applied after they started excepting resumes again heard anything? I noticed they closed the Code10 email again. I know I'm being impatient, just seeing if anyone has heard anything.

Comment

• Jagger3939
            Jagger3939 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cbpo443 They closed it in the middle of August, and to my knowledge, have yet to open it back up. I applied in early July. Received COE first week of August. In late August told I would receive interview date shortly... nothing since.

• Well I hope you guys still in the running have one hell of a resume to offer. Made it past the poly and was given a nice thanks but no thanks email stating better qualified applicants were chosen to move on. Good luck to all and if anyone has any questions on what my resume is please feel free to message.

Comment

• Gosc1775
            Gosc1775 commented
            Editing a comment
            That sucks. Hopefully another agency will pick you up, or if NCIS is where you want to be, reach out to the BI and ask him what you can do to be more marketable to NCIS.

• Sgt0844
            Sgt0844 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea I have other options going for me right now so not too concerned. The LEAP pay from day 1 caught my eye though. Email was sent back in a professional fashion inquiring the decision made but no response yet and not expecting one....

• The opened it back up on Sept 17th. I got an email stating my documents had been received. When I tried to enquire about a question I had about the process I received the, "we are not excepting applications at this time." I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything after the application process opened back up after Sept 17.

Comment

• Recieved some confirmation that the next academy dates are March, May and August. Seems unlikely that the December class has seats available pending another applicant withdraws.

Comment

• Classsic
              Classsic commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the info. I've been trying to get an answer as well and it's good to know I can at least start planning my holidays.

• Gosc1775
              Gosc1775 commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks for the info.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4242 users online. 233 members and 4009 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X