Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figured as much. I’m in the Northern VA / DC Metro area. You?

Comment

• Brightlife
      Brightlife commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m in the Savannah Ga area. I did my interview and poly in Jacksonville Fl.

• Oo nice. They give any inclinations regarding academy dates? I attended a program at FLETC a few years ago, so I’m familiar with their lifestyle structure. I’m excited to get back there one day. It’s cool that you live really close to Brunswick.

Comment

• Brightlife
      Brightlife commented
      Editing a comment
      So I haven’t heard anything from any ncis personnel myself but someone else has posted that they have classes in December March May and i forgot the last month. I’m glad I live close to Brunswick so I know I can come home on the weekends an check up on my dog(weird I know ). What I have heard from the guy who has done my BI is that they do have 4 academy classes that they are budgeted for. Every time I talk to him he’s at fletc doing something so I know it’s credible.

• Hi all quick question. I had to amend my background questionnaire from when I first applied. This was in regards to line 15. I had previously stated three but I was reviewing my files before my interview and hopefully polygraph and think it may have been higher. I’m unsure so I emailed them stating that I believe it to be higher closer to the 5 and 6. Do you think this will have any negative repercussions?

Comment

• AV1195
      AV1195 commented
      Editing a comment
      Brightlife I emailed them they just asked me to amend the form. No big deal.

• AV1195
      AV1195 commented
      Editing a comment
      Brightlife is the poly like 4-5 hours long too?

• kb9977
      kb9977 commented
      Editing a comment
      Poly length depends on the individual, expect atleast 2 hours.

• AV1195
      AV1195 commented
      Editing a comment
      kb9977 Ight thanks

• AV1195,

This was a great move because your integrity and ability to be as candid as possible is extremely important. Regarding the particular question that you referenced, I don’t see it being a big deal. It’s normal to give a range as you did and the mere thought of taking a Poly may be causing you to second guess yourself. You’ll be fine, and your efforts to disclose it will be noted.

Comment

• AV1195
      AV1195 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you PM me.

• So it’s been a couple weeks since asked... but anyone have any fresh info on Newport scheduling interviews?

Comment

• Hi guys,
      ​​​​​​I submitted my documents to the Code10 email on the 17th. Hoping this go around is better than last year. I got the email stating my documents have been received but no email for the BQ packet (it has only been a week). Hopefully this means they haven't reviewed my resume yet haha. Looking forward to possibly joining this process with you fine people.

Comment

• Brightlife
        Brightlife commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck in the process! Money is coming in next month so that’s awesome. Just be patient!

• For those of you who have submitted the BQ and moved forward in the process, did you complete it 100% electronically or check the boxes and print/sign/scan? The doc is protected in Word, so there are a few fields (initials on Page 1, footer on each) I can't fill out.

I've already emailed them, and still have a few days left to send everything back, but I figured I'd get your two cents while I wait for them to respond. Thanks.

Comment

• Gosc1775
        Gosc1775 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did what I could electronically, printed it out, signed it then scanned and emailed everything back.

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did the same as Gosc1775

• Brightlife
        Brightlife commented
        Editing a comment
        I turned mine into a pdf document and did everything on the computer

• Just got my interview date. October 7 in CT.

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate the update!

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        anyone else get a CT/RI interview yet? I’m still waiting...

• Let’s hope the beginning of the new fiscal year brings with it some good news for those of us in the hiring pool!

Comment

• Still have yet to receive eqip information from security personnel. Should I email them?

Comment

• Gosc1775
          Gosc1775 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would, only because you need to have the copies with you when you go. Definitely do not want to try and cram all the information together last minute.

• Anyone gotten that at long last phone call! Class dates, field office, etc? I’m starting to grow more and more grey hair and losing the rest.

Comment

• Classsic
          Classsic commented
          Editing a comment
          Tito2921 If you're referring to the academy, no I'm not. I'm also waiting for the "call" or "email". I think there are a few people on this forum that are in the hiring pool and i imagine there are a few that are in the pool but not on the forum. I just hope I'm in the next class because haha

• cbp1363
          cbp1363 commented
          Editing a comment
          NCIS is hiring 100 plus this fy so if you make it to the hiring pool you will get the call eventually. A lot of people never received the hiring pool email and still got hired. Word on the street is there will be an academy class approximately every 3 months for a total of 4 classes this fy with 24 plus bodies a class. Just a heads up please know what type of agency NCIS is. It’s a great job but definitely not for everybody. And if you’re using it get your (1811) and move on? It’s not as easy to apply to other 1811 because we are an excepted service agency not competitive. This comes into play with laterals to other agencies.

• kb9977
          kb9977 commented
          Editing a comment
          cbp1363 thanks for the info

• roadto1811
          roadto1811 commented
          Editing a comment
          To be honest, once you have your CITP certificate and have some job experience, itll be easy if you want to go somewhere else. But, it may be tricky keeping your pay grade.

• Tito2921, if the information in your email is accurate, then I would expect phone calls to be coming soon. Historically, on this forum at least, guys and gals who got the call were notified 1-2 months in advance of the report date to their respective field office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gosc1775 View Post
          Tito2921, if the information in your email is accurate, then I would expect phone calls to be coming soon. Historically, on this forum at least, guys and gals who got the call were notified 1-2 months in advance of the report date to their respective field office.

Comment

• Brother I welcome the phone call! Ever since that email, when my phone rings I answer it regardless of whether or not I recognize the number.

Comment

• Gosc1775
              Gosc1775 commented
              Editing a comment
              I hear you. I used to use a spam filter, but removed it just in the event their number was somehow flagged.

• Looks like updates are on hold until at least Monday. Maybe better luck then

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9110 users online. 435 members and 8675 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X