• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received my COE email today.

Updated timeline ---

7/21 — Sent in Resume & Transcripts to Code 10
    7/22 — 9am received confirmation/receipt email
    7/25 — Received the email giving me the OQ/Background packet, returned same day.
    8/6 ---- Received COE from Code10 Email

Exciting!

Comment

• FishStix
      FishStix commented
      Editing a comment
      [message deleted]
      Last edited by FishStix; 08-14-2019, 06:05 PM.

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      DM me for details
      Last edited by Jagger3939; 08-06-2019, 07:43 PM.

• hound66
      hound66 commented
      Editing a comment
      I received a COE today as well. I submitted my resume May 31. Beginning of June got the OQ and Background stuff, then nothing until today.
      Good luck all.

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder what the timeline will be on scheduling interviews...

• I received my COE two weeks ago to the day. Still waiting on scheduling for the interview

Comment

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      (to anyone) any ideas what the general timeline is on scheduling? I always thought they waited to give COE's until they were close to ready to schedule.

• Got an email 8/3 that the next training academy will be in December. Hope that helps for anyone who is wondering.

Comment

• reztap
      reztap commented
      Editing a comment
      Jagger3939 Here's my timeline if it helps:

July 27, 2018 Applied
      Sep 13, 2018-Conditional Offer
      Jan 17, 2019- Interview
      Jan 18, 2019- Poly
      Feb 12, 2019- Drug Test
      Feb 13, 2019- Physical
      Mar 6, 2019- Coworkers Interviewed
      Jun18, 2019- Passed Hiring Panel Review
      Aug 3, 2019- Notified Next training class will be in Dec

It goes a lot slower than you think so just prepare to stay patient.
      Last edited by reztap; 08-13-2019, 02:35 PM.

• Gosc1775
      Gosc1775 commented
      Editing a comment
      reztap did they say you had a seat in the class, or just advising you that is the next academy? Congrats on making the cut!

• reztap
      reztap commented
      Editing a comment
      Gosc1775 just advised that was the next academy. Thanks!

• Sgt0844
      Sgt0844 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by Sgt0844; 08-27-2019, 01:57 PM. Reason: Typo

• It didn't say. I am hoping both.

Comment

• Rumors are the Dec class is SABT only. Which means everyone that's at the field offices that went to CITP but not SABT yet, MSAs, and prior 1811s.
      Last edited by roadto1811; 08-11-2019, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• One of my friends told me that the following classes are planned for FY-20. CITP classes in Dec 2019, then March, May, and August. SABT class in Dec 2019, then March, May, August and September. I'm assuming the March SABT follows the December CITP and on down the line.

Comment

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s an aggressive and generous offering of CITP for FY20. Awesome news assuming true. How many per class?

• Gosc1775
          Gosc1775 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great intel!

Jagger3939, there are usually 24 NCIS SA recruits in the CITP class mixed in with other agency recruits. The SABTP class is specific to NCIS and designed to hold the 24 from CITP.

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          Gosc1775 got it, thanks. Now the real question... how many of those FY20 classes have been filled vs available seats. Hopefully they start the interview process for all of the recent COE recipients soon!

• Just got the notice of credit check in the mail. Says it was checked on 8/7, which was the day after receiving the COE.

Comment

• Does anyone know if NCIS is still accepting resumes? I noticed the email has been taken off of the site. I applied last year around this time and was considered qualified but not the highest qualified. Hoping to apply again this year. Just wondering if anyone has any information on if they are not accepting emails anymore. Thanks for any help guys. Oh and good luck in all of your processes.

Comment

• Gosc1775
            Gosc1775 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure if Code10 is accepting emails or not, but I double checked the link that previously listed the Code10 email and “Send resumes here...” verbiage associated with it. You are correct that it is no longer listed. That is not to say you couldn’t send your resume if you had their email address from your previous application, or found on this thread.

• cbp1363
            cbp1363 commented
            Editing a comment
            The email will be down for approximately a month or two in order to evaluate current resumes in the queue.

• Thank you for the info. Hopefully they will still be hiring and open back up.

Comment

• How strict are they will college? Currently with park police, no college. I have a friend in park police right now as well that got their conditional offer, so hopefully I have a chance

Comment

• Gosc1775
              Gosc1775 commented
              Editing a comment
              From what I understand, college is not required but you will start at a lower grade (GL-5), unless you utilize experience to qualify you for the next grade.

• Hello everyone!

I'm a long term lurker and I decided to share my journey with this process. I started in 02/2019 inquiring about the position via email to code 10. Sent in requested documents the same month. Received COE 03/2019. Did the panel interview and poly 05/2019. Drug screening, physical and BI in 06/2019.

I just spoke with the guy who completed my background and he advised me that I am in the hiring pool. Congrats to everyone who has made it so far and good luck to everyone in the process!

Comment

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome! That's awesome -- congrats. Did they give you any indication on a class they are targeting to try to get you in? Was there any communication between June and August?

• Brightlife
              Brightlife commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope, no indication on classes or anything. there was no communication with the agency. One of my last references that were spoken to in late July was the last thing I heard. He told that reference that they were looking into class dates and told her that I was in the next steps of the process.

• I think I remember seeing something in earlier pages about this, but is non-negotiable GL-7 the common offer? Does anybody know what the normal promotion is: 7-9-11 with a year between each?

Comment

• Classsic
              Classsic commented
              Editing a comment
              My COE was GL7 but after speaking with HR I was told I would be getting GL9. I have a master's degree and a few years of working experience. I'm sure these are all non negotiable, but if you have higher level education or feel your experience can get you higher starting grade, it doesn't hurt to ask. Worst that will happen is they say "sorry but no".

• Saber5
              Saber5 commented
              Editing a comment
              NCIS bases GL grade offering on experience. Just like any other GS Job, the only way to get a 09 is a Masters Degree or have a year experience as a 07.

• Saber5
              Saber5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Also if you’re hired at 7 it will go 7-9-11-12-13 a year between each grade and your supervisor signing off on those promotions. NCIS has supervisor positions at 13,14 and 15 Grades which all require applying for and interviewing I would assume.

• hound66
              hound66 commented
              Editing a comment
              From other things I have looked at, it looks like they only offer 7 or 9. I'm assuming 9s will go 9,11,12 etc. Not horrible.

• Good morning all. I just received the invite to the panel interview. I received my COE in May and I haven’t heard anything until today. It looks like things are still moving along.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              I think they were joking.

• AV1195
              AV1195 commented
              Editing a comment
              Was told the other day they would be contacting me to set up interviews in Connecticut. Is anyone else from the NorthEast? Also, where is your interview?

• Rickyrecon012
              Rickyrecon012 commented
              Editing a comment
              Jagger3939, yea i know its premature, just cant wait for that day to come! I am actually in the work to switch over to NYC from DC, still with NPS, should i email HR and let them know about a potential address change? what do you guys recommend??

• Brightlife
              Brightlife commented
              Editing a comment
              Rickyrecon012 I would let HR know once you know you are in fact moving.

• AV1195 San Diego.

Comment

• hound66
              hound66 commented
              Editing a comment
              LRTPA, AV1195, Congrats on making the interviews. Do you have dates yet for the interview or just notification that you will be getting one?

• hound66 just notification I will be getting one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4940 users online. 234 members and 4706 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X