Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question, what is the duration of the polygraph for NCIS. Is it similar to the NSAs lasting close to 5-6 hours?

Comment

• Classsic
      Classsic commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that depends. It was my first time doing one so it took me like 8 hours to finish. If you try not to hyperventilate it should take you half that. Hope it helps.

• AV1195
      AV1195 commented
      Editing a comment
      Classsic What in the world could they possibly ask you for four - five hours? I get they’ll ask the same thing multiple different ways but Jesus.

• Classsic
      Classsic commented
      Editing a comment
      They have a list of criteria they go through, but like i said, first time taking a poly so i freaked out a bit, which definitely shows down the process. There was a lot of repetition on my part.

• AV1195
      AV1195 commented
      Editing a comment
      Classsic thanks!

• Good evening Ladies and Gents. Hope all is well. The new fiscal year is just a couple months away. I am hopeful things will start to progress for those of you in the early stages of the hiring process.
    Last edited by Gosc1775; 07-14-2019, 05:02 AM.

Comment

• Classsic
      Classsic commented
      Editing a comment
      Gosc1775 Have you had any updates on the age waiver? Also, I did a bit of research and found the FLETC schedule for FY19 and on that it says there's supposed to be a basic criminal investigator training class starting in mid September. I don't know if that's actually happening and honestly I'm not really expecting to hear anything until October/November anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there. In case anybody is interested in checking it out, link is below. Maybe someone with better knowledge of the program and scheduled can explain how things actually work.

https://www.fletc.gov/sites/default/...s_of_feb_1.pdf

• Gosc1775
      Gosc1775 commented
      Editing a comment
      Still waiting to hear something. It’s been a few months now so I hope I will hear something soon, if not, then I will continue to stand by. I’ve not reached out to anyone to try and confirm any school dates, but I am hopeful there will be one in October.

• kb9977
      kb9977 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got a call from my B.I. today informing me that my background process has begun. I was informed that they will be looking to fulfill the January class as of now.

• Gosc1775
      Gosc1775 commented
      Editing a comment
      kb9977 That is good news. Best of luck the rest of the way!

• Anyone have insight into if NCIS accepts successfully adjudicated polys from other federal agencies that were apart of a SSBI/Tier 5/whatever they call it nowadays background investigation?
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
      Anyone have insight into if NCIS accepts successfully adjudicated polys from other federal agencies that were apart of a SSBI/Tier 5/whatever they call it nowadays background investigation?

No, they conduct their own BI and poly everybody, to include current 1811’s.

Comment

• Has anyone had any movement since receiving COE? Got mine at the end of May and no communication since, any insight would be great, thanks.
        NCIS 2019:
        5/8/2019 Resume sent
        5/10/19 BSQ Received
        5/13/19 BSQ Sent
        5/22/19 COE Received - Forms Received
        5/23/19 Forms RIO & Biographical Info Sent
        5/28/19 NCIS ran credit check

FBI 2019:
        07/2017: Applied
        08/2017: Phase 1 Passed
        09/2017: Meet & Greet
        11/2017: Phase 2 - not selected
        07/2019: Re-applied
        07/2019: Entered Additional Information
        07/2019 Contacted to schedule meet & greet
        08/07 Meet & Greet

Comment

• Today marks the end of the first week for the academy students at FLETC, whose training began this past Monday. For those in attendance and still on this forum, good luck on the rest of your training!

Comment

• Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time poster. Just thought I’d share where I’m at —

7/21 — Sent in Resume & Transcripts to Code 10
            7/22 — 9am received confirmation/receipt email
            7/25 — Received the email giving me the OQ/Background packet, returned same day.

Does anyone know how many more SAs they are trying to hire? Are they looking at January 2020, or further out? Due to my personal circumstances I really won’t be able to move from my current location until December, so I’m trying to put my mind at ease that they don’t have “super rushed” intentions.

Also.. aside from the Medical exam, is there a PT test for NCIS as part of the process?

Appreciate any info! Good luck!
            Last edited by Jagger3939; 07-25-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Sgt0844
              Sgt0844 commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by Sgt0844; 08-27-2019, 02:06 PM. Reason: Typo

• Classsic
              Classsic commented
              Editing a comment
              Considering everything goes in your favor, you probably won't be starting the academy until January of 2021 it maybe September of 2020. I applied last October and was just placed in the hiring pool for possibility of starting January. Your timeline may vary, but these positions take time.

• Question for everyone -- when you emailed Code 10 your resume and they responded with the OQ/Background Forms, what was the "all documents due" date they gave you, and what was the date they sent you the packet? For me, I received the packet on 7/25 with a due date of 6/31 (which since there isn't a 31st day in June, I 'm assuming a typo meant for July 31st. I'm just trying to get a baseline on the turn around norm.

Comment

• Sgt0844
              Sgt0844 commented
              Editing a comment

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              When you sent in your OQ, did they email back received — or was the next email you got the COE?

• Sgt0844
              Sgt0844 commented
              Editing a comment

• Received my COE today, applied over 2 months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jagger3939 View Post
              Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time poster. Just thought I’d share where I’m at —

7/21 — Sent in Resume & Transcripts to Code 10
              7/22 — 9am received confirmation/receipt email
              7/25 — Received the email giving me the OQ/Background packet, returned same day.

Does anyone know how many more SAs they are trying to hire? Are they looking at January 2020, or further out? Due to my personal circumstances I really won’t be able to move from my current location until December, so I’m trying to put my mind at ease that they don’t have “super rushed” intentions.

Also.. aside from the Medical exam, is there a PT test for NCIS as part of the process?

Appreciate any info! Good luck!
              Approximately 300 over the next 3 years and there is not PT test.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
                Radio Raheem commented
                Editing a comment
                How do the promotions go? Do you promote through each grade each year, or do you have to stay at 12 for two years?

• Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post
              I got the call for the March academy and the SABT after to be determined.
              Do you know if they allow you to give your first/second/third choice as far as first assignment locations based on availability, or is it a straight blind assignment?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jagger3939 View Post

Do you know if they allow you to give your first/second/third choice as far as first assignment locations based on availability, or is it a straight blind assignment?
                Your rank the field office regions in your order of preference. When they offer the job, it’s we have this location available, do you accept? I believe you rank 8, I’ve seen people get their first choice and other get their last. There’s no rhyme or reason for who gets what field office initially.

Comment

• cbp1363, how is FLETC treating you?

Comment

• cbp1363
                    cbp1363 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It’s easy, as long as you show up and give some type of effort you’ll be good.

• Credit Check ran today, 5 days after COE.

Comment

• Age waiver submitted on April 25. Reached out to HQ the other day and advised it was still in the process. For those of you waiting on a waiver, it appears to take some time.

Comment

• hound66
                      hound66 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      GOSC- Hopefully I make it through the interview and end up waiting for the age waiver as well. My goal is to not wait quite as long as you though..

• Gosc1775
                      Gosc1775 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I hope you do as well bro. Hopefully they don’t all take this long.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4700 users online. 221 members and 4479 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X