Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I submitted my resume and other docs to the Code10 email two days ago. The following day they sent me a OQ and BSQ packet, and I turned it in the same day. I'm not sure, but hopefully that's a good sign.

Comment

• Nsk_104
      Nsk_104 commented
      Editing a comment
      We have similar timelines. I also received and submitted the OQ & BSQ along with my transcripts. If we meet the qualifications, I'm assuming the next step should be the interview. Let's hope for the best!!

• ATanaka
      ATanaka commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I'm surprised. It's happening so fast......faster than any USAJobs application! Scheduled interview for June 10. They wanted to do it on June 3, but I couldn't. I already completed the SF86.

• Ski87
      Ski87 commented
      Editing a comment
      ATanaka I have a very similar timeline. I PM you

• hound66
      hound66 commented
      Editing a comment
      ATanaka, how did the interview go on Monday?

• Hope everyone is doing well. Let’s hope we all make the next hiring group!

Comment

• Classsic
      Classsic commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm still waiting on a call myself. I haven't had any communication and i hope thats good news. At least I haven't been formally rejected haha.

• Hey everyone,

I thought I would finally post after lurking for years on this forum. I applied back in December/January and have my panel interview and hopefully polygraph in Jacksonville next week and I'll be coming from Texas. I'm a bit nervous but excited also. I work full time as a probation officer and am a full time grad student. How long does the panel last and, if granted the poly after, how long did that entire day take yall? Financially, I'm hoping to do this in as few trips as possible but I am always willing to go. Looking forward to chatting with yall!

Comment

• I think most people's timelines are similar but some vary. I was told to expect a poly test the day after the interview if it went favorably, which it did for me. But the interview itself I think was roughly an hour and i definitely would not want to do it again as it was exhausting. That's not too scare anybody but to make sure you prep well. Good luck to you and let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

• Nsk_104
        Nsk_104 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow poly right after the interview. Here I thought it might be weeks before we get scheduled for poly after passing the interview. Good to know.. thanks for sharing your experience.

• Classsic
        Classsic commented
        Editing a comment
        I know for some people it was a week and for some it was a few weeks. I guess it depends on which field office you are coming out of. Once i had the interview everything moved pretty quickly up until the background investigation.

• AV1195
        AV1195 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long was your poly? A few hours? Ive heard many different time frames.

• Good afternoon all, my timeline is similar for the lateral announcement. I submitted the BSQ/OQ last night and received my COA this morning. I was informed that the interview and poly should be coming within the next few weeks. Very fast moving process so far.

Comment

• Wojo8
        Wojo8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you been notified yet about your interview? I'm still waiting and I received the COE over 4 weeks ago. I really just want to hear from them soon!

• Good evening everybody. I'm trying to jump on the bandwagon. I submitted my resume to Code10 on Friday and waiting to hear back. My hopes were really high from the previous posts mentioning receiving stuff within a day or two, but so far nothing. I'm staying hopeful though. With that all said, have any of you actually gone through the age waiver process? I'm 39 but have 6 years army and 1 year as a government civilian.

Comment

• Gosc1775
        Gosc1775 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m waiting on my age waiver as I write this. It has been almost two months in the process, and was advised by Code10 that it is not a quick process at all.

• hound66
        hound66 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck.

• Just wondering how long is normal to wait after COE to receive an invite to interview? COE received on 5/22 and I submitted all the forms the following day. They've already run my credit which is part of their suitability investigation, but I still haven't gotten any word on an interview or to update my SF86 (which is current as of October).
      NCIS 2019:
      5/8/2019 Resume sent
      5/10/19 BSQ Received
      5/13/19 BSQ Sent
      5/22/19 COE Received - Forms Received
      5/23/19 Forms RIO & Biographical Info Sent
      5/28/19 NCIS ran credit check

FBI 2019:
      07/2017: Applied
      08/2017: Phase 1 Passed
      09/2017: Meet & Greet
      11/2017: Phase 2 - not selected
      07/2019: Re-applied
      07/2019: Entered Additional Information
      07/2019 Contacted to schedule meet & greet
      08/07 Meet & Greet

Comment

• Wojo8
        Wojo8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the timeline. It has been a month since I submitted my packet info and I'm still waiting on the e-qip and interview invite. Just anxious to the ball rolling! I'm not new to the federal process at all, but I still don't like all the non-communication and waiting.

• Sgt0844
        Sgt0844 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe I’m missing something here....did you guys actually get an email stating “COE” followed by the OQ or vice versa? I submitted my resume and had forms to fill out and return by the 24th of this month. Was that understood as a COE or is that to follow?

• Wojo8
        Wojo8 commented
        Editing a comment
        It specifically stated that it was a conditional offer in the email and included attachments so they can start a BI - the ROI and Biographical Information forms came with the COE. The OQ has to come before that otherwise they won't know what grade to offer you in the COE. I didn't get an OQ as I already had sent an SF50 that included prior employment as an 1811 - they offered me the same grade as listed on that.
        Last edited by Wojo8; 06-26-2019, 09:59 AM.

• hound66
        hound66 commented
        Editing a comment
        SGT The COE should come after you submit the first set of questionnaires. Basically they review your resume and if all is good, they send the questionnaires (OQ and initial background). If those are good then they send the COE. If accepted, then they send more forms for credit check and full background. Then if those are good an interview is scheduled. Then polygraph, physical, drug tests, etc. Once all that is done they will then have a formal hiring panel that reviews everything and assuming everything is good, the formal offer is sent. If accepted, then you are put in the hiring pool and scheduled for class.

• Just an update, I went to Jacksonville from Texas for the interview and finally got home earlier this morning. I thought the interview went well, but the board must have thought otherwise. I was prepared and answered all of the questions to the best of my ability and gave a ton of job-related experiences in my answers that were relevant to the questions. Probably 30 minutes following the interview I received the thanks, but no thanks email stating that better qualified applicants were selected to move forward. A little disheartening, but after the year wait period I may reapply if my living situation permits!

Best of luck to all continuing. I'll still be lurking around here.

Comment

• Gosc1775
        Gosc1775 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear you didn’t receive an offer to continue. Keep at it and I am sure your perseverance will pay off.

• Has anyone had any updates?

Comment

• Classsic
        Classsic commented
        Editing a comment
        Not yet. They're waiting to hear from FLETC about FY20 classes and then they'll see which class they'll place me in. I imagine I'll find out once the "official" offer comes through.

• Ski87
        Ski87 commented
        Editing a comment
        @classic, do you mind posting your timeline? I just did my poly earlier this month just curious how long it takes from there.

• Classsic
        Classsic commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah sure. Below is a rough estimate of my timeline. I don't remember the exact dates.

Submitted application - October 2018
        Interview - end of January 2019
        Poly - end of January 2019
        Medical - end of March
        Hiring pool - Mid June

• Classsic
        Classsic commented
        Editing a comment
        I forgot to put that they emailed me that they're starting the background sometime in early February and was never informed when it finished.

• Has everyone for the most part in this forum apply when there was an active hiring initiative or did some of you just submit the required documents to code10 and forget about it?

Comment

• Classsic
        Classsic commented
        Editing a comment
        I personally applied through code 10. Usajobs has never worked for me, but emailing them has. At least they responded asking for my resume.

• Sgt0844
        Sgt0844 commented
        Editing a comment
        Copy. Same here. Response time was fast.

• hound66
        hound66 commented
        Editing a comment
        I submitted my resume and transcripts to Code 10 on May 31. Got an email last week asking to fill out the questionnaires. Haven't heard anything else yet. My understanding is that the next step is they either think everything looks ok and send a conditional offer or think things aren't good and reject me. If the conditional offer is sent and accepted, then they do a credit check and criminal history check. If that is all good then they schedule an interview. From there is polygraph, drug test, physicals, and suitability investigation.

• Has anyone in the Midwest region applied recently? I know I will have to travel a ways for the interview, but I'm wondering if they wait to schedule until they have others ready to interview, or will they set one up for just me?
      NCIS 2019:
      5/8/2019 Resume sent
      5/10/19 BSQ Received
      5/13/19 BSQ Sent
      5/22/19 COE Received - Forms Received
      5/23/19 Forms RIO & Biographical Info Sent
      5/28/19 NCIS ran credit check

FBI 2019:
      07/2017: Applied
      08/2017: Phase 1 Passed
      09/2017: Meet & Greet
      11/2017: Phase 2 - not selected
      07/2019: Re-applied
      07/2019: Entered Additional Information
      07/2019 Contacted to schedule meet & greet
      08/07 Meet & Greet

Comment

• What needs to be done to apply code 10? How would I go about doing so?

Thank you

Comment

• Since there are no classes left for FY19 does that mean that the process is going to be slower for the next month or 2 if a person has just submitted their ROI and Background form after receiving COE?

Comment

• Classsic
          Classsic commented
          Editing a comment
          I too hope we are within the scope, considering some of us are already in the hiring pool. I would hate to be told i no longer qualify for the position or something of that sort. But at least reading the prior posts gives me hope i won't have to relocate cross country for the initial assignment.

• hound66
          hound66 commented
          Editing a comment
          As far as I know they aren't changing the requirements. Just trying to streamline the process. So, if you are in the hiring pool, congrats and hopefully you are in the next class whenever it starts after October.
          For the foreseeable future you will still have to sign a mobility agreement and be subject to moving every few years. But, they are trying to do away with forced moves. They actually allowed some of the supervisors who were supposed to have a forced move this year cancel the move. So, you might still have to relocate across country for your first assignment, but can hopefully have a better chance of choosing future moves.

• Wojo8
          Wojo8 commented
          Editing a comment
          hound66 where are you getting your information about the new director and the policy review? I haven't heard anything since receiving my conditional offer 6 weeks ago. I hope what you are saying is accurate, but I haven't gotten any information out of their HR. They don't seem to communicate much and I don't have a personal contact to reach out to.

• hound66
          hound66 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wojo, I was a contractor working for NCIS for 2 years and have a lot SA friends that told me about this.

• I've heard from some that the new director may put a stop to relocation of SA. Fiscally it makes sense, as this equates to a significant savings. I'm curious if this will translate over to new hires, as in keeping them in their current AOR, or if the traditional stance will remain and a move be required.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gosc1775 View Post
          I've heard from some that the new director may put a stop to relocation of SA. Fiscally it makes sense, as this equates to a significant savings. I'm curious if this will translate over to new hires, as in keeping them in their current AOR, or if the traditional stance will remain and a move be required.
          Relocations will still happen, but they’re looking at potentially stopping the forced move of agents.

Comment

• hound66
            hound66 commented
            Editing a comment
            For the foreseeable future you will still have to sign a mobility agreement and be subject to moving every few years. But, they are trying to do away with forced moves. They actually allowed some of the supervisors who were supposed to have a forced move this year cancel the move. So, you might still have to relocate across country for your first assignment, but can hopefully have a better chance of choosing future moves.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8195 users online. 363 members and 7832 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X