• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Jeopardy theme music...

Comment

• Gosc1775
      Gosc1775 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. Patience has never been a virtue of mine lol.

• deadthrone7
      deadthrone7 commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel you on that.

• deadthrone7
      deadthrone7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got a call from my BI yesterday, guess my background is not quite complete. It was a super quick follow up question, sounded like he was just crossing t’s and dotting i’s...hoping that it’s done today.
      Last edited by deadthrone7; 04-04-2019, 12:49 PM.

• Gosc1775
      Gosc1775 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great news!

• Originally posted by sabanist View Post

You are WAY better off if you get hired by the bureau. And NCIS hires people with zero le experience all the time. As a matter of fact, in my experience, most do not have le experience or mil experience.
    They will most likely be disappointed, well the leo's. If you've done criminal investigations before.

Anyone wants to know what its like to be an NCIS agent can pm me. Ill give the good and bad. of which there is very little good, but some

Comment

• Any word or news on you guys in BI? I'm in the last stages and had my medical a few weeks ago but my investigator was very vague on all the questions regarding hiring and potential class.

Comment

• Gosc1775
        Gosc1775 commented
        Editing a comment
        Most of us have completed everything and are in a holding pattern. I don’t think it will be too much longer before calls start going out.

• deadthrone7
        deadthrone7 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was under the impression that my BI was done but one of my contacts has a meeting next week with an investigator . He is not my main BI but covering a different city. He told one of my former supervisors (quite proudly apparently) that only 1 person he has investigated has made it to the academy.

Doing his job I guess but not a great thing to say....

• Classsic
        Classsic commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe your BI was the same as mine because I got a similar type of a response to a question I asked haha.

• Quiet in this room! Anyone got "the call" yet?

Comment

• Gosc1775
        Gosc1775 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing yet. Hopefully they start making them soon.

• deadthrone7
        deadthrone7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing here either.

• Classsic
        Classsic commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing on my end either. I wondered if the June class is already full and tried calling but nobody has been picking up.

• Gosc1775
        Gosc1775 commented
        Editing a comment
        Reached out to my contact. Waiting to hear back on status of June class.

• Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has any information regarding what class they are expected to fill? I've only really started my process this month, but it seems to be going quick and I was told I could either be in the June or August class (taking that with a grain of salt...). Fingers crossed for June.

I was also surprised to hear that NCIS conducts 2 separate backgrounds to push applicants along in the hiring process. The first would be by an NCIS agent who is basically verifying the e-quip information and could be completed in a week. The second would be for the TS by OPM. My interviewers mentioned that NCIS will hire the applicant and place them at their initial duty station while they await a class date and completion of OPM's investigation. Can anyone else confirm?

Applied: 1/14/19
      Panel Interview: 4/4/19
      Poly: 4/4/19
      Medical: 4/25/19

Comment

• Gosc1775
        Gosc1775 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve not heard of an August class yet, and based on previous posts here, the last group hired made it into the March class. I know that the June class will check in to FLETC on June 16, with completion of CITP and SABTP on December 2...no break between the two classes. Most of the more recent activity on here pertains to the group of applicants post March class, with anticipation of being picked up for the June class. It really depends on when the hiring board convenes to review applicant packages. Either way, best of luck to you.

• Just got my CJO at the GL-07 level. No LEO experience but some military (reserve intel officer). I'm currently a CyberCorps fellow at a DC university pursuing a Master's Degree.

They took my resume at the dedicated Cyber Corps career fair back in January.

Comment

• Just got my letter from NCIS HQ. My packet was found favorable and am now in the hiring pool. I just turned 38 in February, but have military. That being said, they advised that they would have to send an age waiver to the Pentagon, which I doubt would be disapproved.

Comment

• Gosc1775
          Gosc1775 commented
          Editing a comment
          Radio-Raheem, thank you. You’ve been on this forum for a while. How are you doing in the process?
          Last edited by Gosc1775; 04-28-2019, 12:39 PM.

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          I received an email for an interview and subsequent poly pending a successful interview. However, I was out of the country with no internet or phone access so I couldn't secure an available date. NCIS gave me an alternate date when I explained my unresponsiveness, but that date conflicted with a mandatory training for my current job. When I told them that, I received no further communication one way or the other. It's a busy time for them I guess.

• Gosc1775
          Gosc1775 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully it all works out for you. Timing is everything it seems.

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen to that!

• For those of you who have received CJO/COEs this year, could you let me know approximately how long after you submitted the background and occupational questionnaires you received the COEs? Thanks.

Comment

• Gosc1775
          Gosc1775 commented
          Editing a comment
          11-5 resume submitted
          12-13 coe received

My process has been through “direct hire” and as such I received my coe before receiving and submitting the other documents.
          Last edited by Gosc1775; 04-25-2019, 02:08 PM.

• tch28
          tch28 commented
          Editing a comment
          My experience is similar to Gosc1775's.

• Classsic
          Classsic commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. It took about a month to a month and a half or so between each step

• amgclass
          amgclass commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok thanks all.

• I hope some of ya'll are getting notified that you are in the hiring pool.

Comment

• Gosc1775
          Gosc1775 commented
          Editing a comment
          @Classic, that is interesting that you were only offered 7.

• Gosc1775
          Gosc1775 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure that it matters, but I have quite a bit of advanced training in digital forensics. That might have something to do with it.

• Classsic
          Classsic commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a possibility. I have a master's in biochemistry, which could be low on the totem pole for them. Maybe i can negotiate but i will wait for the final offer to see if that can even be done.

• deadthrone7
          deadthrone7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Have not been told that yet, but also have not received a BQA letter so who knows. Also, for COE - was offered GL9; I have a JD.

• I was offered a 7.

Appl.jpg

Guess which door I have to use.

suppl.jpg
        OUT!!

Comment

• Classsic
          Classsic commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey that's better than no door at all! Haha

• Wanted to provide some insight for those who are waiting. NCIS is hiring a lot of agents recently, however they did not plan accordingly with fletc classes. Currently the June class is full, it will start mid June with a follow on in the 2nd week of September. That being said there are agents on standby who completed CITP but have not attended addon training. Even if you do receive a EOD date you might not receive both phases of training. Lastly, there are lateral transfers from other agencies who need ncis specific fletc training as well and are standing-by for fletc spots. Stay patient and keep applying, hope this helps.

Comment

• Gosc1775
          Gosc1775 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the information. I guess I will just standby to standby.

• Ok, just got off the phone with Code10. As suspected, they have moved other hiring pool candidates into the June class. There are no classes scheduled beyond FY19. I was advised that this summer they will begin looking at staffing requirements and scheduling FLETC classes for FY20. The earliest phone calls would go out would possibly by August, and that is only if there will be a class in October. Obviously the calls will be pushed back the later in FY20 the class ramps up. The rep advised me that there are some SA candidates that have reported in April for the June class. For those of you that require an age waiver, the Code10 rep indicated that the age waiver process is particularly lengthy, as in could take a month to month and a half. So the fact that FY19 is locked down, just standby. Best of luck to those of you still working through the process.

Comment

• Classsic
          Classsic commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info. Here's to hoping they get an October class going.

• Taken from the FY2020 budget proposal:

A talented, driven and well-trained military and civilian workforce is essential for warfighting success, and the Navy’s most critical asset is its dedicated personnel. This year’s budget supports an increase in end strength by 5,100 in FY20, and allows for a 3.1 percent pay raise to better support quality of life for Sailors, Marines and their families, in alignment with the Employment Cost Index.

https://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=108875

Comment

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe I should join the Navy, lol!

• Update on my status:

Applied: 1/14/19
        Panel Interview: 4/4/19
        Poly: 4/4/19
        Medical: 4/25/19
        Drug Test: 5/6/19

Comment

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          You are moving pretty quickly.

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          So do you know if your background has started?

• kb9977
          kb9977 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing to update. Unsure on if background has started...

• Anybody have any updates on their status? I haven't heard anything yet myself although i did ask HR about the possibility of getting a GL 9 starting salary due to my master's degree. The person said I would be getting a final offer with a GL9, considering i get a final offer. So if anyone has higher level education, and was offered gl7 starting, it doesn't hurt to call HR and confirm.

Comment

• amgclass
          amgclass commented
          Editing a comment
          Classsic That's a great news. Despite the answer you just received, did your conditional offer email originally state that GL-7 is non-negotiable? Mine did so just want to confirm.

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          @amgclass: Mine said GL7...non-negotiable as well. If they do give a seven, hopefully it's a 7-10.

• Classsic
          Classsic commented
          Editing a comment
          It said GL7 non negotiable but as I understand it, it was sent out by HR and they can give you a starting of whatever they feel is necessary. As I mentioned, after speaking with HR, they said I will be given a final offer of gl9. Obviously I'll take it with a grain of salt but i figured it was worth asking

• amgclass
          amgclass commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotcha, yes I did assume everyone who initially received GL-7 also had "non-negotiable" included. But anyone who qualifies for 9 should really get it with their final offers. I mean that's the way it should be at least.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9253 users online. 427 members and 8826 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X