Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the call for the March academy and the SABT after to be determined.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they give you a location/duty station/EOD office? Yes or No will suffice. Also, you don't do the CITP and SABT sequentially?

• cbp1363
      cbp1363 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, they offer you the location before the academy. Normally, citp and sabt run concurrently. But as of now, there are no sabt classes currently scheduled.

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wow! So what do you do after the CITP if there are no scheduled SABTs?

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      Go to the field office and run errands. Tag along for interviews. Etc...

• Well, sad news everyone: I did the interview and it was decided that NCIS won't be needing me. I figure that it's likely because I have zero law enforcement experience, though it's a total toss-up as to why I wasn't determined to be NCIS material. The rejection email is professionally vague (one of those, "thanks but no thanks" deals), but I'm not going to let it get me down. I've also applied to the FBI and am currently in Phase II, so hopefully things work out with them.

Best of luck, everyone! Keep your hopes high!

Comment

• deadthrone7
      deadthrone7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear. Good luck in the future.

• Looking for Cyber NCIS Special Agents—-laterals.

Comment

• Did anyone else apply to the lateral opening that was posted a few weeks ago?

Comment

• ###^^^^^^^^^
        Last edited by buffb27; 02-23-2019, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Those of you going down for the March CITP, what is your class start date? Trying to find people in my class (non-NCIS).

Comment

• LaserSailor760
            LaserSailor760 commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you in the March class? I'm at FLETC a couple of classes ahead of you, PM me if you want to link up.

• Had interview yesterday, did well. They moved me forward and did my poly today, which also passed. Hoping things keep moving quickly.

Heard that there is only one class left for the fiscal year, which is June.

Comment

• deadthrone7
            deadthrone7 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm close to a pretty large office and I'm already in the system, so medical should be quick and easy (fingers crossed). My contacts are a little spread out though so hopefully that doesn't cause an issue.

One of the agents that travels around for the interviews said June would be the last for the FY. Obviously March is a go so I'm guessing they will be filling the June spots pretty quickly.

Good luck to everyone as well! Hopefully we are all meeting in person in June.
            Last edited by deadthrone7; 02-23-2019, 11:19 AM. Reason: Words.

• tch28
            tch28 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is the June class you're referencing a CITP class or SABT?

• deadthrone7
            deadthrone7 commented
            Editing a comment
            tch28. I have not the slightest idea. SA told me the interview went really well, and to be patient. Some people move faster than others and they're busy interviewing since June is the last class for the FY.

• tch28
            tch28 commented
            Editing a comment
            Got ya. I've already done CITP, so here's hoping I make it through the process and can jump into an SABT class sooner rather than later.

• Has anyone received a notice for the June class? I just finished my part 2 of the physical and the doc told me HR gave him 2 weeks to complete both part 1 and part 2. Sounds as though they are trying to expedite the process.

Comment

• Quiet on all fronts over here. Haven't heard a word since I left my polygraph. I had to fill out my eQIP post poly because the system was down (manually filled out SF86 for interview/poly) so I'm not sure if thats slowing things down.

Comment

• ...and it’s like they felt my presence. Was contacted for medical next week.

Comment

• Gosc1775
                Gosc1775 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hopefully they knock it out rather quickly. Let me forewarn you, if you’ve had LASIK or any other type of corrective surgery, bring a copy of the post op evaluation slip with you. I was scrambling to get mine from the optometrist to meet the two week deadline.

• Hopefully it is quick. Got a call a few hours ago informing me my BI is starting as well. I’m already in the Navy med system so should be good to go (hopefully). Fortunately no lasik or anything of the sort.

Comment

• Originally posted by gdp0530 View Post
                Well, sad news everyone: I did the interview and it was decided that NCIS won't be needing me. I figure that it's likely because I have zero law enforcement experience, though it's a total toss-up as to why I wasn't determined to be NCIS material. The rejection email is professionally vague (one of those, "thanks but no thanks" deals), but I'm not going to let it get me down. I've also applied to the FBI and am currently in Phase II, so hopefully things work out with them.

Best of luck, everyone! Keep your hopes high!
                You are WAY better off if you get hired by the bureau. And NCIS hires people with zero le experience all the time. As a matter of fact, in my experience, most do not have le experience or mil experience.

Comment

• Schwook
                  Schwook commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My class, out of 24, has two that don't have LE or Military experience.

• Originally posted by Ten8er View Post

NC to Jacksonville, FL, is a possibility. However, some people end up moving from one coast to the other. Ultimately, the needs of the agency are what drive the job offers. The logic is simple. If you offer someone a position near where he or she is already living, then said person is more likely to jump ship to another agency when it comes time to PCS, as that person has become deeply-embedded in one location. Obviously, having people jump ship because they don't want to move is costly for the agency - not only are they losing valuable human resources in whom they have invested a great deal, but the agency is also left with unfilled billets; this creates a greater workload on the remaining agents and decreases operational effectiveness. This approach is not unique to NCIS - the Secret Service does it, as well, for the same reasons.
                SS only does that because all agents MUST do a protection assignment and recently those are all in the DC area for the phase II.

NCIS moves people entirely too much and wastes entirely too much money that they have very little of. I've seen agents PCS'd after less than a year. I've seen agents force moved and everyone constantly has a reminder that you better chose a destination or you'll be force moved according tot he needs of the agency.

FBI, ATF, Marshals, HSI have gone away from moving agents alot these days. They figure they'll retain more agents that way. I think they're right becaus I don't see too many folks leaving those.

Comment

• Things seem to be gaining speed. My Investigator randomly stopped by my house and has appointments left and right. Also, got an email early stating drug test must be completed today.

Comment

• deadthrone7
                    deadthrone7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not 100% sure.

• Gosc1775
                    Gosc1775 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just got word today that The SABTP class will graduate Dec 02, 2019. Working back 46 training days with a few days for admin, puts the start of that class at Oct 23. The CITP is 56 training days long. I’m waiting to hear back from the program coordinator at FLETC for solid dates, but if they run concurrent, then CITP would start the last week of June.

• deadthrone7
                    deadthrone7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Gosc1775 awesome. Absolutely guessing, but looking at other (most, not all) hirings - it would seem to me that a hiring board is on the horizon in the next couple weeks with calls following shortly for June. Of course there may still be a backlog of candidates sitting in the pool. Some have waited longer than others so who knows.

My investigator has told everybody he has interviewed that NCIS is in a “hiring spree” more or less. Looks they’re boosting bodies and looking to do it quickly which bodes well for us!
                    Last edited by deadthrone7; 03-29-2019, 06:24 AM.

• Gosc1775
                    Gosc1775 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    deadthrone7, I wouldn’t be surprised if the call comes within the next three weeks or so. CITP convenes in June 17 with SABTP following. That came from the coordinator at FLETC. The NCIS guys I know advise we will report to our field office the week before the start of class. Given the typical advanced notice by NCIS, roughly two months, would indicate calls should start going out to applicants the second week of April. Pure speculation but that seems to be the norm.

• Tizoo from reading through all the posts in this forum topic, it appears they have hiring boards only a few times a year. Once you get a thumbs up from them, you are contacted with duty station and class date. The board may coincide with an upcoming class, however they may also be held, you are given a thumbs up, but there are no classes scheduled. When a class stands up, off you go. Others have indicated they are sent to their respective field office for OJT until the class.

Comment

• Tizoo
                    Tizoo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Gosc1775, thank you for the explanation. It makes sense. Where are you in the process, have you heard from your investigator?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10092 users online. 494 members and 9598 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X