Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone get a call without the email? or recently at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by hmt2011 View Post
      Did anyone get a call without the email? or recently at all?
      Nothing here. Did you get the actual your “hired” call? They should be coming soon if there is a class in January.

Comment

• hmt2011
        hmt2011 commented
        Editing a comment
        Negative. Hoping for it!

• I got my call on Nov 2 for a January 7 start date.

​​​

Comment

• cbp1363
        cbp1363 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats!!!! when do you report to your field office?

• LaserSailor760
        LaserSailor760 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll start January 7 at the office, FLETC starts Jan 14.

• Well I wonder when the next academy is after January? August and January were a no go so hopefully the next one is it.

Comment

• Jgb10
        Jgb10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you receive some sort of notification that the January class is all full?

• So has anyone heard anything at all from NCIS in the past few months? The last time I heard from them was in September and this was after I submitted my biographical info/ROI and since then... nothing. It's a bit worrisome but I get that it's the holidays now

Comment

• Mskdc
        Mskdc commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I took both phases of my medical back in October and received the email saying my suitability investigation was finished and I was in the hiring pool for the January class. After a few weeks went by, I got the call and got the position in San Diego with a start date of January 7th. The entire process took roughly 7 months.

• gdp0530
        gdp0530 commented
        Editing a comment
        After how long of the submission of your biographical info/ROI did you hear anything back, if you don't mind me asking? The whole process seems like it's come to a COMPLETE stop and I haven't heard a dang thing since.

• cbp1363
        cbp1363 commented
        Editing a comment
        April 09, 2018 I submitted my biographical information and April 30, 2018 I received the COE. Then, mid June I interviewed. I heard they have a back log of candidates and can only send 24 to fletc at a time, while other agencies can send way more. So that could explain the wait time.

• Any news on when the next academy after January is? They seem to be every 4-5 months.

Comment

• I submitted my application package at the beginning of May and got the conditional offer in June and also interviewed that same month. After that, took the polygraph in August and the medical exams in September, into early October. There was 3 weeks to a month in between each step in the process. The agent who conducted my background investigation said there are only three classes in 2019 with the first one being in January. Hope that helps! Good luck to you!!

Comment

• gdp0530
          gdp0530 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a little helpful, thank you! I just don't know why I've waited so long to even do the interview when I've already received the COE... might it just have to do something with the field office near me?

• Anyone know how long background usually takes?

Applied in January, and my background was just initiated.

Comment

• Does anyone know when the next hiring announcement will be?

Comment

• I'm starting to lose hope that they're ever going to contact me. I received my conditional offer of employment last September and haven't heard anything except, "Your forms have been received" since sending my Background info/ROI that same month. What's the hold up? I'm told that they need people but it's been FIVE MONTHS since hearing anything and I'm damn near ready to move on.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              Do they do the background before the conditional offer or after the conditional offer? Maybe they are still doing the background. I am currently in a well funded agency and I got the "clear for hire" notice in January and didn't go to an academy until July. They may be waiting to fill a certain class. Who's to say with the government?
              Last edited by Radio Raheem; 01-09-2019, 04:00 PM.

• They don't do the background check until after the conditional offer and interview. It makes sense. After all, why would they start such a lengthy process only to discover later on that a candidate isn't what they want or need? I know it's the government and I'm used to "hurry up and wait," but this **** is getting on my nerves, you know?

Comment

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              I know all too well. I guess the only thing to do is hang in there. The call will come when you least expect it to. You will have mentally and emotionally moved to the next thing, and that is when it will happen.

• Has anyone heard any news about any academies for 2019?

Comment

• Schwook
              Schwook commented
              Editing a comment
              My guess would be the next one is in April. The new guys just started CITP on Monday.

• NCIS is currently hiring 1811 as a lateral transfer. Please see attached announcement for details.

Comment

• titoCA321
              titoCA321 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for posting this. I thought they mentioned at NCIS once that they were only hiring at the GL-7 grade?

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              That's the standard hiring grade for non-1811-laterals, at least what the last few announcements have been at on USAjobs

• Been lurking for a few days. Figured I'd post my progress.

12/13/18 - Sent an email that I was interested in the position (nothing on USA jobs so just sent one to see if I could get anywhere).
            12/14/18- Rec'd email back requesting transcripts to recruitment.
            1/3/19 - Email with background questions and occupational questionnaire.
            1/24/19 - COE at GL-09
            1/29/19 (today) - Panel interview and possible polygraph scheduled for Feb. 20th.

Looking forward to continuing in the process! This forum has been helpful. Things seem to be moving pretty quickly for me, which is nice.
            Last edited by deadthrone7; 01-30-2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• deadthrone7
              deadthrone7 commented
              Editing a comment
              JD; year of prosecutorial experience; prior Active Duty Navy

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              Were you JAG?
              Last edited by Radio Raheem; 01-31-2019, 11:34 AM.

• deadthrone7
              deadthrone7 commented
              Editing a comment
              No, I was enlisted. Got out awhile ago.

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              My apologies for being nosy lol

• I wanted to give little info on some information that I recently learned. I know how you can drive your self crazy looking at this forum trying to figure out what going on. The March academy is full they filled the last spots this week, they plan on having another academy to start in June if everything goes right. So I'm guessing calls will go out April or May. I don't know if they have any more planned after that. This is all the info I have I hope it helps some of you to put your minds at ease, good luck to all of you
            Bring on the FOE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9241 users online. 438 members and 8803 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X