Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have received the COE beginning of June and have not received any dates yet on the interview, how long does it usually take?

Comment

• gdp0530
      gdp0530 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any luck on your end, friend?

• Just got the thumbs up on my background saying everything was good and sent to HR they are just waiting on my part 2 medical. Anyone else know a time frame after everything is completed to getting duty station and final offer

Comment

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm like a week behind you. I've seen people get a week of notice between final offer and report date.

• ScoutPolice61
      ScoutPolice61 commented
      Editing a comment
      Background investigator told me they are hiring for the Oct class right now so that’s why they are speed rushing stuff cause they want to give enough time for people to move and everything

• mercede_morga
      mercede_morga commented
      Editing a comment
      Who am i suppose to contact about my background

• ScoutPolice61
      ScoutPolice61 commented
      Editing a comment
      They will contact you

• I got an email in February stating they received my documents. A current agent forwarded all my stuff to HR. I then got an email in March requesting the questionare and background form be filled out. Since then silence, the agent I know hit me up asking if I heard anything yet. I told him no, he called me back saying they are backed up big time and to sit tight. Anyone else have a similar timeline? I’m worried that I haven’t heard anything yet.

Comment

• mercede_morga
      mercede_morga commented
      Editing a comment
      Im a government employee. I know backgrounds can take awhile. But I also know people had background started way after me and still made it to the july class. Two of my coworkers.

• MomoKo3
      MomoKo3 commented
      Editing a comment
      AZ. Yuma office is handling you. I'm from AZ too. They handled my file.

• AZdeputy84
      AZdeputy84 commented
      Editing a comment
      There’s a office in Yuma?!? I thought the offices where only by naval bases?

• chippywarrior
      chippywarrior commented
      Editing a comment
      Navy and Marine Corps bases. There is a Marine Corps Air Station in Yuma.

• Are their NCIS recruiters?! love to talk with one. Any phone numbers?

Comment

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      Sort of. Just get in touch with your local FO. That's what I did. Sometimes they can give you a little wink and a nod as to when the next opening may be. If not, just look at USAJOBS every single day.

• Speaking of backgrounds. I have completed all the steps except for the background. I received an email a few weeks ago stating,” Your suitability background investigation is just being initialized for the GL-7 ONLY Special Agent position.” I’m guessing that means the BI had started, but I have yet to talk to a background investigator or hear from any of my references about being contacted by one. I hope I can join the October class but for now just have to wait and hope to hear from someone soon.

Comment

• chippywarrior
      chippywarrior commented
      Editing a comment
      Has anyone contacted you yet? I got the same email, but nobody has contacted me either.

• cbp1363
      cbp1363 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I got contacted a few days after I posted this and the investigator was here for about a week but we never met face to face. I have not heard from them since the they told me the investigation started. So, I’m hoping that no follow up means everything was good to go and now it’s up to the hiring panel.

• Finished my interview and polygraph examiner told me I passed. Still waiting for the clear from quality control. I interviewed and tested out of the southwest region

Comment

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      SW Region seems to be getting everyone on the same timeline. Keep me posted in PMs if you get any info.

• Talked with the background investigator yesterday and she told me that all the packets will be going to the hiring board at the end of the month and should hear something either the first or second week of Aug if you were chosen by the hiring board

Comment

• LEO172
      LEO172 commented
      Editing a comment
      What area are you applying out of?

• ScoutPolice61
      ScoutPolice61 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied to almost everywhere but from what some people have already told me just plan on moving away for the first time no matter what. My investigator has been working with ncis for 18 years and she said they used to allow people to train in place where they were at and when it came time to move they would just transfer jobs because they didn’t want to move from the start so now NCIS makes you move to show how committed you are to thier agency so just plan on moving anywhere they want

• LEO172
      LEO172 commented
      Editing a comment
      I mean what area is working your application, are you on the east coast?

• ScoutPolice61
      ScoutPolice61 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I’m on the East Coast being processed by HQ in DC

• What’s everyone up to in this thread? Doing medical on Friday. After that...I’m done and waiting for the call.

Comment

• ScoutPolice61
      ScoutPolice61 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope nothing yet

• Sdle75
      Sdle75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven't heard any word yet. My current agency works a lot with NCIS and my supervisor told me a few days ago an agent came by our precinct and was asking about me.
      Last edited by Sdle75; 08-02-2018, 12:30 PM.

• Mskdc
      Mskdc commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello all,

I received an email back in the middle of June stating that I received a conditional offer of employment and had to satisfactorily complete the remaining stages of the hiring process. Two and a half weeks later I received an email with the panel interview date for Quantico and multiple forms to fill out. Assuming the panel interview went well and after being finger printed, my point of contact said I should be receiving a call to schedule my polygraph test within “ a week or so” and haven’t received anything. Does anyone have any advice about what to do or who to contact, with it being exactly three weeks now and no call or response from my point of contact. How long does the process usually take between the panel interview and the polygraph? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      Be patient. But, at the same time, don't worry about tactfully reminding your point of contact that is handling your application that you're kind of left flapping in the breeze. Just send an email along of the lines of "Hello, just checking in..."

• Hope I get a phone call soon, hate playing the waiting game.
    Last edited by LEO172; 08-02-2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck man. It's a looooong journey.

• Done. Waiting for a call. Hope to see everyone in October (hopefully).

Comment

• Sdle75
      Sdle75 commented
      Editing a comment
      lucky, i'm still waiting for medical to be scheduled for me

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      What the hell? I thought you were a step in front of me a few weeks ago.

• mercede_morga
      mercede_morga commented
      Editing a comment
      Sdle75 they may have forgot about your medical. That's whats happened to me.

• I know CITP classes are usually 48 bodies. Does anyone know how many applicants NCIS sends to an academy class at a time? I’m sure it has to be enough bodies to make a SABT worth it after, so I would assume at least 20 plus? Also, does anyone have updated intel on when calls are expected to go out? I know a previous poster stated the first two weeks of August. . I just have a tdy opportunity and have to let them know by August 20th and I would hate to accept it then have to tell them sorry I’m leaving for another job but NCIS would be worth it or have to decline it and then not get the job. But it is what it is.

Comment

• The classes are 24 bodies. NCIS will share CITP with another agency. Typically the CITP class will consist of 24 NCIS bodies and then 24 DSS/Secret Service/etc. Obviously, once you hit NCIS SABTP you will just train with your 24 bodies. They are trying to increase the class size to 48. No word on if or when that will happen.

Comment

• cbp1363
        cbp1363 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh wow 48 that be awesome more slots for everybody. Thank you for the intel.

• Schwook nah man you were always ahead of me. I finished my interview and the poly on the 16th and 17th. From the sound of it, my timeframe to get medical is fairing to be around the same wait time as you. I’m just glad nobody contacted me to retake that poly lol

Comment

• Originally posted by chippywarrior View Post
        Schook, not much more than what I got from the NCIS and FLETA websites. Both websites say "the training provides instruction on the NCIS report writing system, manuals, and field training exercises." I also found this SABTP textbook on the FLETC website: https://www.fletc.gov/sites/default/...ini-Manual.pdf
        There is no SABTP textbook. That Mini-Manual is simply a reference manual for UCMJ information (and it's a dated one, at that).

Comment

• chippywarrior
          chippywarrior commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the clarification.

• Talked to HR today and got confirmation that my suitability investigation is complete, and has been sent to the hiring board. They should be holding the hiring board within the next 2 week (no confirmed date given) and should get final offer calls soon. They said you should get at least 4 weeks notice for your report date. They also told me they plan on sending 31 people to FLETC, and did confirm that i will not be local (location soon to come). Should be any day now, fingers crossed!

Comment

• Schwook
          Schwook commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish they would give you more time to plan a move...

• ScoutPolice61
          ScoutPolice61 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully sooner the better to allow people that have to move far to their duty station. Four weeks is tough to move across country

• cbp1363
          cbp1363 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder what they mean when they say your location will not be local. Say you live in NC, and they assign you Jacksonville. Is that considered not local because you moved out of state or would that be considered local because they are relatively close to each other?

• LEO172
          LEO172 commented
          Editing a comment
          I live 40 minutes from Norfolk, and was told that I will be moving, even though it was my first choice

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5369 users online. 254 members and 5115 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X