Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the email today.

Comment

• Anybody know starting salary for GL 7 without the locality pay?

Comment

• Does this include the leo 25%? Its kinda low

Comment

• 1811hunter
        1811hunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think so, on top of locality pay not being included there.

• What about for norfolk locality?

Comment

• I am a gs 8 they are hiring for gl 7. My base is more than the base they will offer. Do u think they match my current base?

Comment

• 1811hunter
        1811hunter commented
        Editing a comment
        They will not, they will have you get down to GL-7.

• LEO172
        LEO172 commented
        Editing a comment
        you'll go down to a to a gs7 but you'll have a higher step

• Ok. I still didn't see the rate for norfolk locality percentage.

Comment

• chippywarrior
        chippywarrior commented
        Editing a comment
        Norfolk is "Rest of U.S." locality. If you are a current federal employee, they should match your base GL-7 step to equal or exceed your current base pay (up to GL-7 step 10). LEAP is calculated by multiplying your base and locality pay by 25%.

• How often do agents move witj ncis? Each agency is different.

Comment

• Schwook
        Schwook commented
        Editing a comment
        A lot. NCIS agents are one of the most mobile 1811 gigs you can get. I've heard every three years or so.

• 1811hunter
        1811hunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Once every 3-5 years, depending on if you extend your tour or not I think.

• Its another announcement out with different locations. I wonder if they would negotiate.but I haven't taken a medical yet. Hopefully, they finish before august class

Comment

• 1811hunter
        1811hunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe the announcement in question is for the Economic crimes division?

• surfer2000
        surfer2000 commented
        Editing a comment
        There was another posting for Cyber as well. But the announcement stated that they may not hire from it (you send your resume to an email). I sent my resume, but never received a response.

• Do you know how close you have to live near your assigned duty station? Do they require you to reside within so many miles? If incan get a location close I would commute

Comment

• Schwook
        Schwook commented
        Editing a comment
        As a new agent, you don't have what I call "good girl/boy points". In other words, the agency has absolutely no reason to cater to you and your family because you have yet to prove yourself as an asset to the agency. I would assume being available 24/7/365 would mean that you would have to be at the field office within a reasonable frame of time. Some regular police departments have a radius of 30 miles...others have no residency requirement.

• Thanks for the input.

Comment

• I have a question...are NCIS agents allowed any on-base privileges like using the gym, pool, barbershop, etc...???

Comment

• 1811hunter
          1811hunter commented
          Editing a comment
          I think MWR facilities are good to use, but exchange/commisarry privileges are not extended to civilians when CONUS. Overseas (Hawaii included) is different as no real distinction is made between DoD civilians and military.

• LEO172
          LEO172 commented
          Editing a comment
          Most bases are opening up to retired, reserves, and DoD civilians. At least they are on the air force and army side (balfour beatty). It will be super expensive and usually not worth what they will charge in rent.

• divinefalcon
          divinefalcon commented
          Editing a comment
          At least for Navy/Marine bases:
          CONUS (and Hawaii and Alaska): MWR facilities (including gym, pool, etc.), also NEX mini-mart (but no tobacco or alcohol). No exchange or commissary.
          OCONUS: All base privileges.

Hawaii isn't a desirable place for a DoD civilian for that reason. Military gets BAH/BAS, commissary to offset the high cost of living. Civilians get locality pay and COLA which isn't great. DIRNCIS tried to get commissary for NCIS due to the mobile nature of NCIS agents, but was unsuccessful.

There is talk of opening exchanges up to DoD civilians, since they are self-funded, but hasn't happened yet.

• Hey guys anyone who made it through the hiring process- can they give me an idea of how they operate in terms of hiring people aboard? There is an open announcement out now that is direct hire. I would LOVE to be part of NCIS. (Sort of a childhood dream) Any suggestions on making it through? I heard their poly is tough and stuff. Those things give me anxiety but it is what it is. The way I see it, it's a right of passage! Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

• LEO172
          LEO172 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dont lie and you will be fine. Study behavioural interview questions anf techniques. Study up on current affairs

• What does the medical exam include? Is it one or two parts?

Comment

• Schwook
          Schwook commented
          Editing a comment
          Uhhhhh, physical and chest scan. Maybe full bloodwork?

• Anyone else get scheduled for a panel interview? Mine is in July.

Comment

• 1811hunter
          1811hunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Prepare to waaiiiiiiit after the poly..

• B4bba83
          B4bba83 commented
          Editing a comment
          cbp1363, the poly guy said I did really well on my poly. However, he said he has to send the report to another unit to review, making sure everything is ok before they submit it forward.

@1811hunter....Thank you for the heads up! I guess this process is never easy. Fingers crossed.

• 1811hunter
          1811hunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by 1811hunter; 06-19-2018, 05:59 PM.

• surfer2000
          surfer2000 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am still waiting for an interview date.

• I just got a call for my medical test.

Comment

• B4bba83
          B4bba83 commented
          Editing a comment
          I also got a call today that they also start my BI.

• cbp1363
          cbp1363 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey did they by chance give you any idea what academy date they were looking to start you if you get the offer? Or do they hire you and send you to one when available?

• mercede_morga
          mercede_morga commented
          Editing a comment
          What office are you processing out of

• B4bba83
          B4bba83 commented
          Editing a comment
          CBP1363, I didn't ask. I just know that they stress about being mobile.

Mercedo _ I am processed out of Northwest area.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10372 users online. 504 members and 9868 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X