Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any intel on how many or when the next CITP/SABTP academies are for this fiscal year?

Comment

• LEO172
      LEO172 commented
      Editing a comment
      May and Aug I believe

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard May and August as well.

• I do not know the exact amount of classes or class dates but NCIS is supposedly preparing to hire 200-300 agents over the next 2 years. I don’t even know how that’s possible given in the past they have averaged around 3 classes of 24 per fiscal year. Word is they may attempt to put 48 new hires per class instead of 24 in the future. Regardless of the specifics, the agency is looking to hire a lot of warm bodies. Every CONUS office is hurting manpower wise, which is good news for applicants.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1cowboy View Post
      I do not know the exact amount of classes or class dates but NCIS is supposedly preparing to hire 200-300 agents over the next 2 years. I don’t even know how that’s possible given in the past they have averaged around 3 classes of 24 per fiscal year. Word is they may attempt to put 48 new hires per class instead of 24 in the future. Regardless of the specifics, the agency is looking to hire a lot of warm bodies. Every CONUS office is hurting manpower wise, which is good news for applicants.
      Wow!!!! Thank you for the insight and you’re right sounds like a great time to be an applicant.

Comment

• Just got word that my poly won't be for another month due to polygrapher shortages. If you're in the Dallas area, standby for more waiting.

Comment

• I received an e-mail this AM for a panel interview in a week. I am part of the Northwest processing. Along with an email is a lot of document and lists to complete and bring to the interview. Long journey lies ahead...but good luck everyone who is still in the running.

Comment

• 1811hunter
            1811hunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow 1 week? tight schedule... but good luck!

• 8404_2Law
            8404_2Law commented
            Editing a comment
            First, Congrats and good luck on the interview!! are you’re interviewing for the most recent 18’ announcement...

• B4bba83
            B4bba83 commented
            Editing a comment
            8404_2Law -- Yes, the interview is for the latest announcement. I think January of this year.

• Well everyone....I was told I was in the hiring pool and after talking to HR I was told that I would be placed in the August FLETC class. I didnt make it in time for the May one. The official calls for that one will go out in July, with FLETC dates in August. As luck will have it, I ended up getting the 1811 call from HSI (Homeland Security Investigations) last Friday, after being in that process two years and I am taking that instead. I start in 1.5 weeks, back to FLETC again on the 16th lol. Overall I think it's a better gig. Take home car your entire career, automatic promotion to 13 non compete, and much much larger investigative authorities. Not knocking NCIS though, have several friends in already and everyone I've ever dealt with were outstanding and professional agents. Also, HSI is a competitive service agency, which means you can lateral when lateral announcements come out for GS-12 and GS-13 on USAJOBS if you don't like it (cant imagine why you wouldn't though). Be aware that NCIS is an exempted service agency, which means if you don't like it after a few years, you can not do that and you would have to take a pay cut and come in at entry level at whatever 1811 agency you try to jump ship to as a 7/9. With that being said though, take any 1811 offer that comes. I initially took an offer for USSS, then HSI called the next week, so I withdrew from USSS. They are also bringing me in at at the GL-9 level instead of the GL-7 probably because my current LEO experience and I'm a current Fed so I'm coming in as a no-break in service, which means I would get my 13 in 3 years instead of 4. Also going to the west coast now. Good luck to everyone in the NCIS pipeline, my spot is now yours. If anyone has any questions about the process or anything let me know. See you guy's on the 1811 side!

***Updating this since posting, I was just called and given a formal job offer with location today for NCIS. Apparently calls will go out as soon as you clear the hiring panel now. Given June onboarding, with an August FLETC date. It appears they are not waiting until right before the FLETC date anymore. Obviously as stated above, I'm rolling with HSI and declined, but it still surprised me as I wasn't expecting a formal call until July and gives others insight into processing***
          Last edited by Fed_Watching; 05-04-2018, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Fed_Watching
            Fed_Watching commented
            Editing a comment
            Lone-ranger it wasn't just him. It's was him and his supervisor who was a senior agent. Obviously he didn't say this in front of his boss. We had been talking before hand and after because he was also the agent that was handling my BI. He was really cool, so we talked a lot offline about the service. Thank you again, its been a long wait and road for all of the 1811 gigs I put in for. Biggest thing in this is patience. The reward is great though, and makes it worthwhile. I'm blessed they all came down roughly at the same time so that I could choose what I really wanted. BUT I was prepared to, and initially did take, the first one that offered the soonest start date
            Last edited by Fed_Watching; 05-03-2018, 04:07 PM.

• Fed_Watching
            Fed_Watching commented
            Editing a comment
            Schwook thanks brother see you on the 1811 side when you come over. Only a matter of time...

• mercede_morga
            mercede_morga commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you get offered the location you are referred for when applying?

• Fed_Watching
            Fed_Watching commented
            Editing a comment
            mercede_morga I applied to every location available, so inherently my offer was one of the ones that I applied for.

• Got an email for my drug test.

Comment

• Did anybody get an offer in their current location? When I spoke to hr they advised me that they offer you a job with the location and most times it is where you currently reside. She stated most people don't want to be in the DC area.

Comment

• Most of the time (not all) you are going to move. Sometimes you are going to move a great distance. If you are not prepared to be mobile for your first duty station stop your application now. I have watched guys in California get DC and guys in DC get California. That is interesting info. Almost everyone in the agency I know had to move for their job offer. I am not HR...that is just what I have observed.That being said, DC is always available after your first duty station. There are many, many billets located there. In the end you need to do what is right for you and your family. Best of luck.

Comment

• Additionally, I forgot to mention there is another field office located in Norfolk. Bottom line, tons of billets in the mid-Atlantic. You might not start out there but between DC and Norfolk it’s much easier to get back to that region than other parts of the country. However, with NCIS you must be mobile. It’s an agency where you will not homestead.

Comment

• mercede_morga
                  mercede_morga commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for your input. But I dont plan on dropping out of it. I just stay positive to hopefully get D.C. especially because spouse is a veteran and I need more time to find treatment for her.

• 1811hunter
                  1811hunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, last I heard from NCIS is that there's no real trend or rule in duty stations like "close to your processing station" or "not where you processed out of but kind of close" or even the "NCIS will test your loyalty by sending you across the country" like I've seen posted here.

Really just luck of the draw/ needs of the agency from what I've heard, nothing else.

• August applicants, where are you in the process? Just curious as to where everyone is at.

Physical cleared, Urinalysis done... just waiting on BI to finish for me.

Comment

• I’m a January 2018 applicant and I’m still waiting for an interview. I believe the conditional offer said they will be interviewing between now and middle of July. I’m currently at fletc for a training tdy and I believe a new citp started yesterday. I’m not sure if there were any ncis but I would assume so. If ncis has some bodies in that class they have to be from August 2017 or I would hope so. Not sure when the next class would be.

Comment

• 1811hunter
                    1811hunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Awesome. Yes, there are some people from here that are at that class now if I'm not mistaken. Next class is rumored to be August 2018 from what everyone has been hearing.

• 1811Me
                    1811Me commented
                    Editing a comment
                    January 2018 applicant as well. Did you receive an offer letter? I’m still waiting to hear back about my suitability.

• Can any current agents, or anyone who knows, comment on how the new Direct Hire announcement will work? The open period ends on September 30, so I'm just curious if they will process applications as they come through or will they wait until it closes to begin processing?

Comment

• Anybody get the email?

Comment

• 1811Me
                      1811Me commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Did you get an email? What does the email say? I’m waiting to hear something.

• 1811hunter
                      1811hunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      1811Me, PM sent.

• mercede_morga
                      mercede_morga commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I got the email. A few weeks they will extend the final offer. They even stated we wont be near were we live. Anybody get the option of dc or Quantico? If you got the email did you finish your medical ?

• Does anyone know what the PEB standards are? FLETC standards or their own?

Comment

• Schwook
                      Schwook commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think just FLETC standards.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12211 users online. 422 members and 11789 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X