Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was notified that I'm going to be 'potentionally' be hired. And academy (fletc) in May. (If all goes well till then).
    Just wondering if anyone else heard the good news.
    Last edited by MomoKo3; 03-25-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• DCPO
      DCPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully you get the field office you want. Keep us posted.

• MomoKo3
      MomoKo3 commented
      Editing a comment
      DCPO will do, but I'm ok with anywhere.

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man!

• 1811hunter
      1811hunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!!!!!! I'm still waiting on whether I passed the poly or not.... fml

• So earlier this month I received a NOR and was referred to the hiring manager for the offices I chose. That being said, I'm 43 but was a Fed LEO for 6 years. I also have a 10 point disability and currently employed as a local cop. I understand that I "may" be eligible for an age waiver based on the aforementioned. However, provided an applicant meets the necessary criteria, does NCIS typically hire people my age?

Comment

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told, and this is just one agent telling me this, that they're not looking for kids straight out of college but people that have a few years of LE/Military/Legal work under their belts. Obviously other skills are beneficial. You may run up against the age clock, even with 6 years of federal time. I would make sure that they know that you're about to go past the 37-year-old age clock in federal years.

• KaziJ9
      KaziJ9 commented
      Editing a comment
      they are supposedly looking to hire quite a few agents and I would expect them to look for people like you that have experience. I'm at the cusp of that age limit but am also a Vet and have received a firm offer so don't worry about your age! Got my fingers crossed for you!

• 10Vet
      10Vet commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback guys....we'll just see what happens

• I just received a voicemail from HQ. They offered me a position and a duty station with a May FLETC start date. I need to call back and accept the position.

It's interesting that they offered me a position with out my BI being completed as I received a phone call today from a contact that the investigator is meeting with them on Friday. I also still need to have my physical completed.

Anybody else receive a call without finishing everything?

Comment

• 1811hunter
      1811hunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!!!! That's crazy fast.

I'm still waiting on poly results...... Haha

• DCPO
      DCPO commented
      Editing a comment
      1811hunter. It was crazy fast. I still can't believe it.

They need to let you know soon about that poly exam. It's been way too long.

• 1811hunter
      1811hunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that's insane to think you had your poly, bi, physical, urinalysis in the same span that I've been on standby... Haha. But congrats forreal!!! Maybe now that you're out of the pipeline some of the HR resources will come around to the rest of us haha.

Is your PM on? Disabled?

• Congratulations!!! What office were you offered?

Comment

• kevmahones
      kevmahones commented
      Editing a comment
      DCPO I was stationed in VA Beach for 7 years....let me know if you have any questions, congratulations.

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      Are they assigning new agent away from home on purpose? That seems...really counterproductive.

• DCPO
      DCPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Schwook. I agree it is counterproductive. Had I known I could have prepared and had my wife on board with a move. HR said it is mandatory for all new hires to move for their first move. So be ready and the move can not be driving distance from your current home.

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the theory is to test one's commitment to the agency. However, I would argue that keeping the new agents from having to uproot everything they know and move across the country would facilitate a much better first step in their career. After that, move me to Bahrain for all I care. By then I'll have grasped the beats of working investigations and how the agency works. Hmm..

• Anyone hear anything from the January 2018 announcement?

Comment

• Germam01
      Germam01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey,
      I applied to the January 2018, and I was also referred, but I haven’t heard anything yet. Hoping to here something soon.

• I had to turn down the offer. Hopefully someone on this message board took my spot. Congrats to those who accepted their offers and good luck to those still in the process. The information on these boards have been a big help. I hope I was able to contribute.

Comment

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      Too far from home?

• KaziJ9
      KaziJ9 commented
      Editing a comment
      aw man that's too bad VA beach isn't too bad of an area...would kept you busy though

• Just got a panel interview. Had to wait on my final grades for graduation. May seems like it would be a fast turnaround if that is what is offered.

Comment

• 1811_WannaBe
      1811_WannaBe commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Was this panel for the August or the Jan announcement?!

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      August. I was referred for Jan as well.

• Received email requesting release documents today.

Comment

• jfkae
      jfkae commented
      Editing a comment
      Was just about to post the same thing.

• Is it just me or is the email documents received today (specifically the Background Security Questionaire), confusing? How are you interpreting the last part? It says any answers for 1 & 42?
    Last edited by jfkae; 04-09-2018, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• 8404_2Law
      8404_2Law commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, I was thinking the same thing when I read it.. I’m glad I not the only one a little confused

• 8404_2Law
      8404_2Law commented
      Editing a comment
      I emailed and asks them about it just now and standing by for a response.. Odds are it’s a typo, and should most likely read “ if you answer yes to any questions other than 1&42 please explain”. But I’ll wait to hear that from them.

• Anyone from August still waiting on poly results? I'm going on 2 months.

Comment

• First time poster on this forum. I applied in January and just received my paperwork request last week as well to send in forms (background questionnaire, release of information form, etc). I got all my paperwork in and am looking forward to the process ahead with you all. I am also going through the DEA SA process. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• titoCA321
        titoCA321 commented
        Editing a comment
        What field office are you processing out of?

• I am from Cleveland, OH and there is an office here, so I would assume this office. I haven’t been contacted by anyone directly from the office here, but I would assume I would be processing here. How about you?

Comment

• titoCA321
        titoCA321 commented
        Editing a comment
        D.C office, but haven't heard anything about documents yet.

• Yeah I received the request last Friday, 4/6/18, and was told to have my documentation in by 4/11/18. It was just a Medical ROI, Background Questionnaire, and Request for Biographical information. I haven’t received anything else yet.

Comment

• Hey, I just received my email requesting that I complete documents and return by 4/18. I live in Seattle, but was referred for Florida and Texas.

Comment

• Sammy0916
          Sammy0916 commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems to be geographically that everyone is getting contacted at different times. Nonetheless, at least there is some movement though. Good luck to you!

• How does location placement work, if you get referred to multiple locations. I’m assuming it depends on “the needs of the agency” or can you choose your fate. Just asking because many agencies require you to sign a mobility agreement.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8674 users online. 381 members and 8293 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X