• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NORs from Jan are out. Check emails

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      You must have gotten referred because I didn't receive anything.

• cmor5150
      cmor5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Only referrals for current feds have come out. I didn’t qualify so still waiting on the civilian posting.

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha. I am a current fed, but I don't think I realized there were two separate announcements.

• Mf821
      Mf821 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not a fed but I got my referral today.

• I thought veoa (vet) would work.. it didn’t lol

Comment

• Interested in clarification on this announcement. If I am reading the portion regarding pay grades, steps, and pay retention, if someone EODs and say they are a GS-11, the initial EOD salary will be set at GL-7-10. However, when it comes time to get a GL-9 and GS-11, you will remain at the grade/step at or around what a 7-10 gets paid, but will not be stepped out in each pay grade to keep you close to your highest previous rate of pay. And If my wording is a bit...wordy, let me clarify.

If someone is a GS-11, they are busted down to the maximum grade offered, and in this case a 7-10. Then at promotion time, they should go to roughly a 9-7, and then to their last pay grade/step at GS-11 and whatever step would be appropriate based on previous pay/promotions.

But if I am reading the announcement correctly, you would not get such benefit at your step 9 or 11, possibly only going to a 9-1, or whatever a 7-10 would make on the 9 scale.

I ask all this based on this statement:

"IMPORTANT NOTE: This is an entry level position. All final offer letters will be made at the GL-07 grade level. Final offers for current Federal employees who currently hold a higher grade level (e.g. GS-09, GS-11, etc.) will be at the "highest rate of previous pay" within the GL-07 grade level. Therefore, the maximum level is GL-07 step 10. Highest previous rate is only applied upon appointment and does not continue with subsequent promotions."

Am I interpreting this wrong, or would your steps adjust as you progress through your pay grades?

Ideas, thoughts?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        That is my interpretation of that sentence as well. If NCIS is excepted service, then that is most likely what will happen. Maybe a current agent can comment.

• Krzyshng
        Krzyshng commented
        Editing a comment
        You are interpreting it correctly, they are being 100% clear about it because that was not accurately relayed in previous announcements. They match highest previous rate upon hire at the GS-7 level but for all grade increases to follow they apply what is known as the 2 step rule: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...ts/promotions/.

Assuming you qualify to be maxed out the progression will probably look something like this: 7/10, 9/7, 11/4, 12/1.
        Last edited by Krzyshng; 03-21-2018, 01:35 AM.

• Oh that is interesting. That would be really bad if your a 13. Your losing tens of thousands over the years. Wow

Comment

• The first line is, "This is an entry level position." If you're a 13 you're not entry level, etc..

Comment

• I received my NORs and Referral for all the positions I chose. The email also had the following info:

Applicants that were referred to the hiring manager for this position may be contacted for an interview.

Applicants that were referred to the hiring manager for this position will be notified of the final outcome of their referral.

Your eligibility, education and any veterans’ preference claims made as part of your application remain subject to verification. Your rating may change if you are unable to provide supporting documentation, if requested.

If you would like to check the status of this or any other application, log into your USAJOBS account and click on Application Status.

Comment

• cmor5150
            cmor5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Federal posting or civilian?

• Germam01
            Germam01 commented
            Editing a comment
            I also received NOR’s on 3/9 from the civilian announcement, and I haven’t heard anything since.
            Last edited by Germam01; 03-15-2018, 11:54 AM.

• Were the Federal employees and civilian ones at the same time or did one close prior to the other?

Just checking to see if timelines are far apart or not.

In with the civilian one.

Comment

• cmor5150
            cmor5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Closed same time

• jfkae
            jfkae commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks cmor5150.

Hoping we get notified soon.

• Originally posted by Agent1234 View Post
          I received my NORs and Referral for all the positions I chose. The email also had the following info:

Applicants that were referred to the hiring manager for this position may be contacted for an interview.

Applicants that were referred to the hiring manager for this position will be notified of the final outcome of their referral.

Your eligibility, education and any veterans’ preference claims made as part of your application remain subject to verification. Your rating may change if you are unable to provide supporting documentation, if requested.

If you would like to check the status of this or any other application, log into your USAJOBS account and click on Application Status.

This part of the NOR makes it look like just because you got referred does not mean you’ll be selected for an interview. From what I’ve I heard from others and after reading some previous posts here,they process fast compared to other 1811 agencies, and have announcements with specific academy dates in mind.

Comment

• jfkae
            jfkae commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm guessing you were referred under the federal announcement?

I don't see that on the civilian one, and I was referred to offices that I chose. Unless this is listed somewhere else and not on the NOR?

• I applied to both announcements (Fed and Civ) I thought being a vet would let me slip in the fed announcement...haha nope, not this time.. I received an email in regards to the federal announcement but nothing from the civilian as of yet.

Comment

• cmor5150
            cmor5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha same here (veoa usually always works!)

• 1811_WannaBe
            1811_WannaBe commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha same here. Hopefully, the civilian one works out. The last announcement they didn't like my proof of statement service so I missed out. Sent a revised one with this announcement since I was 4 days shy of having my dd214

• Civilian NOR’s went out today

Comment

• jfkae
            jfkae commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats to those moving along the process!

• Does anyone know the follow up with potential COE from these offices that you were referred to? All the timelines that I've seen usually say referred with COE or COE a few days later.

Also if you're processing in a large major city that does not have an office, will you be out processing out of the largest in the area or do they process in smaller subordinate field offices?

Comment

• 1811hunter
            1811hunter commented
            Editing a comment
            They'll send you to the closest FO that is doing applicant screening.

• Anyone hear anything back after their poly? Sep applicants.

Comment

• MomoKo3
            MomoKo3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah... No. Nothing here. We are all exausted from waiting lol.
            The rumors for March FLETC that was on here is not possible I don't think... April then? Or later? Whatever, I'd like to here back soon...

• Does anyone knows if NCIS does its own background investigation or use OPM or both?

Comment

• 1811hunter
            1811hunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Really? hmm. Thought they used both.

But congrats on you moving so fast! I'm still waiting lol

• DCPO
            DCPO commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought you would have heard something by now. The waiting and not knowing if you are moving forward or not sucks. Hopefully this week you get the email that your BI will begin soon.

• 1811hunter
            1811hunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Thought so too! But, hopefully no news is still good news. If I failed you'd think I would have heard by now... crossing my fingers.

• Krzyshng
            Krzyshng commented
            Editing a comment
            Both, think of it as two separate BIs. NCIS personnel for applicant suitability BI and OPM for the security clearance.

• I have been referred to two NCIS openings now within four months. Hopefully one of them shakes out. Keep applying. Keep tweaking your resume and learning. Every little bit helps.

Comment

• Anyone else got the email?

Comment

• 8404_2Law
              8404_2Law commented
              Editing a comment
              The email?

• KaziJ9
              KaziJ9 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got an email yesterday...check your IM

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10219 users online. 486 members and 9733 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X