Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else been contacted to schedule their poly?

Comment

• beauonly
      beauonly commented
      Editing a comment
      It's been a week (exactly, but who's counting.... lol) since I passed the panel interview and I am still waiting. I was told that it would happen within two weeks of the panel interview, so I'm only half way.

I'm low-key jealous of those of you that were able to do their polys the day after the interview: It's the last part of the process I am nervous about.

• DCPO
      DCPO commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told the same thing after my interview that my poly would be in 2 weeks and that was in November last year. I just got scheduled for the poly this week.

• beauonly
      beauonly commented
      Editing a comment
      Dayum... don't tell me that! LOL

• ElizSD2017
      ElizSD2017 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you been contacted yet? I am in the same boat, interviewed a little over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing. I felt very confident about the interview itself, but getting doubts

• I’m past Poly stage and just had physical. If your not in the Navy medical records system I would recommend bringing your medical records to your physical just in case. I wasn’t told to bring mine and figured because I’m already GS and a dependent that I was already in the DoD medical system. The hospital personnel said it woulda been easier if I’d brought records since we had to start from scratch (we still got it done) but wanted to offer that advise in the hopes it saves y’all some time

Comment

• DCPO
      DCPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the information. Did your BI start or are still waiting to hear back that your medical was cleared?

• KaziJ9
      KaziJ9 commented
      Editing a comment
      No prob. I believe my BI has been started...hearing rumors there is a March class so I'm wondering if I am being pushed through to fill a spot

• DCPO
      DCPO commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told that there is a March class as well but it depends on funding for NCIS. Let's see what Congress passes next month. Hopefully something.

• I’m still waiting on an interview date

Comment

• beauonly
      beauonly commented
      Editing a comment
      Hang in there... They say they will be conducting interviews through February. Not that the wait will get easier or anything lol.

• Former civilian LEO, current BOP, and 10 point Vet..and never got past the Referred stage. Hope I do better with my C&BP application.

Comment

• beauonly
      beauonly commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too! So its from the horse's mouth... Trust me as much as you'd trust any stranger on the internet though!

• KaziJ9
      KaziJ9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you apply for the VRA Customs and Border announcement....I accidently applied for the non VRA one which starts as a 6 or 7....coworker said he applied for the VRA one which starts as a 9 and he got referred. If NCIS doesn't work out I will be applying with them under VRA also

• themoj0
      themoj0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kazi..yeah I applied for the GS9 VRA 18-3....but me and wife were talking so I changed my mind( big mistake) Once I was reffered, I decided to submit a req for withdrawl. A day later, I started getting the emails to set up my physical, and start my practice equip. so I was like..screw it. I tried to reel back the withdrawl, but CBP frontline office said newp. I would have to reapply lol so now im in the process for 18-4 GS9 VRA. so hopefully ill get the emails quick like last time

• KaziJ9
      KaziJ9 commented
      Editing a comment
      good luck...hope you get a call for either one...there is this posting for Secret Service too...not sure if everyone saw it...
      https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489458500

• I sure the answer to my question is more or less in the question itself but I'm still curious to hear what others have to say. I'm currently going through different phases of a few agencies hiring process (FBI, DEA, ATF, CBPO, USSS and Air Marshals and a few other small ones) and they all responded at different times after the announcement closed to move me forward. With that being said. How long after did you guys hear back from the NCIS with either a referral or email with further instructions? Has anyone heard anything from the last announcement? I'm really looking for a rough timeline or to know what other peoples progression is through the process. Thanks

Comment

• beauonly
      beauonly commented
      Editing a comment
      Starting around page 198/199 of this forum is when the applicants to the most recent announcement started chiming in.

All of our stories are different too. Some of us were referred by November and contacted in December for an interview. Some had been poly'd the next day, and some (like myself) are currently waiting to schedule a poly. Then, there are even a few who have been through the poly and are into medical/etc. There isn't one timeline because it is office specific (seemingly). I would say that if you haven't had an request for an interview by now, chances are slim that you'll get one... but then again, I am just an applicant and in no way privy to the NCIS inner workings.

• 8404_2Law
      8404_2Law commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feed back. I figured it would be a shotgun response, like no one knows until they know kind of deal. But from what I can tell form the posted 198/199 those guys submitted their apps around Sept- Nov timeframe. Which is good news because I just submitted one like a week ago, so I think I still have a bit of time before I hear back. To be honest, it would be a little odd for me not to get an interview from them but the green light from everyone else. ( i'm not trying to sound like an @$*) but we'll see nonetheless. Good luck with it all.

• Camelbak
      Camelbak commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m also going through the process with some other agencies (FBI, USMS, and etc.) and by far NCIS has been the fastest compared to the others.

I applied for during the last big announcement in August. I was contacted in November with a CO. They have my interview and poly scheduled for early next month.

• MomoKo3
      MomoKo3 commented
      Editing a comment
      applied in AUG/SEP (dont remember). interview DEC. poly next day. physical & urinalysis Jan. BI Jan. just waiting for the HR's final offer.

im here just waiting. yeah NCIS is "fast"... snail fast compared to the civilian jobs, but fast for the gov i guess.

hope i hear back soon.

good luck to you and all

• Does anyone know anything about the status of the current hiring pool? It looks like in the past after you completed the process favorably you get put into a pool to wait for the next available FLETC course? I'm just wondering if there is a large backlog of applicants... plus, the bigger the hiring pool, the longer someone would have to wait to get an actual final offer and start their NCIS career.

Comment

• Just did my poly, was a long few hours. Those of you passed that step, did you get "results" after the test, or did you have to wait?

I was told good luck on the rest of the process, but not confirmed or denied... still stressing out about it all.

Comment

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        So at least I wasn't the only one... I was only in there for a little over 2 hours and there was no indication of how I did at all... After all the horror stories I've heard I guess I just figured the whole thing would be a little more intense.

• 1811hunter
        1811hunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Any news here? Nothing back from my Poly either.

• DCPO
        DCPO commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't heard anything back since my poly.

• 1811hunter
        1811hunter commented
        Editing a comment
        That's good, I did hear no news is good news so hopefully that is the case for both of us.

• Long time lurker, first time poster (on this thread). I'm an SA with another federal law enforcement agency, a 5-point Navy veteran, with a bachelor's degree in economics. I applied to other federal law enforcement agencies too, but NCIS is one of my top choices. My timeline for NCIS is below:

Aug 17 - Applied on USAJOBS
      Sep 17 - Referred to all the locations I applied for
      Nov 17 - Offered and accepted COE
      Dec 17 - Interview

I'm overseas at the moment, so unfortunately had to postpone the polygraph and medical until I return to CONUS for annual leave. Though I completed the SF-86 prior to my interview, I was told by the SSA at my interview in December they won't conduct my BI until then. I was also told by the SSA they were hiring for multiple classes for the next several years. Their plan was three classes this year: April, June or July, and September (though I'm sure that is subject to change with the budget).

Comment

• LBJfan4life
        LBJfan4life commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks good info. Good luck.

• I did the interview the other day. In my view I did great, but I wasn’t selected. However, I have the feeling I know why.

During the interview, I mentioned that I was going through the hiring process for some other agencies. At the end of the interview they asked me what agencies, and how far along in the process I was with them. I told them the truth; there was no sense in hiding it.

I’m pretty sure that’s what sealed my fate. I can’t blame them. Why would you put resources and time into someone that’ll get scooped up by another agency or they decide to leave after only a short amount of time.

Was it somewhat disappointing? Yes of course. However, I can understand the reasoning behind their decision and I can respect that. I’d probably make a similar choice if I was in their shoes.

I’ll get to where I want to be, so I’m not worried about it. Good luck to everyone still in the process.

Comment

• chippywarrior
        chippywarrior commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not saying that's not what happened to you, but I was asked the same question and I told the truth: I was in the application process for two other agencies. Nonetheless, that same day they wanted to schedule me for the polygraph and medical as soon as I'm available.

• 1811hunter
        1811hunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that has nothing to do with it, they expect you to be applying with other agencies. To be honest I have no idea why they even ask that but it shouldn't hurt you. Must be something else in the interview you said.

• Any word on the Jan announcement NORs?

Comment

• jfkae
        jfkae commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems like August was a bit faster.

• cmor5150
        cmor5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya I’m sure the gov shutdown didn’t help

• Good luck to everyone!
      Last edited by KaziJ9; 05-08-2018, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• KaziJ9
        KaziJ9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right!? And he had the gall to tell me he did it...not sure if he told me out of guilt or just to get a reaction out of me but either way I'm requesting the transcripts from the BI when it's all said and done

• 8404_2Law
        8404_2Law commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, spreading gossip is a reflection of poor leadership. But with that being said, I doubt anyone’s BI is going to have 5 stars in every category. And for that reason most agencies take a wholistic picture of the applicant when reviewing them. Good luck nonetheless.

• 1811hunter
        1811hunter commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll be fine..... BIs know that people can say stupid sh** about people. They'll probably take that information, and then probe others on it on its accuracy.

Unless you have some serious stuff in your BI, or if you have a lot of little things, you'll be fine.

• KaziJ9
        KaziJ9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I hope y'all are right! I'm sure I'm paranoid too because I haven't heard anything in a while
        ...fingers crossed

• How long did it take to be notified that you passed the interview section? Or did you get pass/ fail notification? How long did you wait to get a date for the poly?

I interviewed 2/13, was told they only do next day poly's for people that are from out of town...

Comment

• MomoKo3
        MomoKo3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did my interview in late November, did poly next day, BI done (?) Just waiting....... We are all just waiting lol

• 1811hunter
        1811hunter commented
        Editing a comment
        How long did it take you to hear back about your poly?

• MomoKo3
        MomoKo3 commented
        Editing a comment
        1811hunter. I was told that I had 99% passed my polygraph on the spot. I haven't got 100% confirmation.

• 1811hunter
        1811hunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice. But seeing that you took the poly in November, it's taking a while to hear back, huh?

Hopefully I hear back soon, I did mine in January.

• Anyone else just sitting around waiting for Poly results?

Comment

• I was just notified by email that my BI has started. How long does the BI process take?

Comment

• MomoKo3
          MomoKo3 commented
          Editing a comment
          DCPO congrats, mine took about a month, but shouldn't be longer than 2wks. My contacts are all over, and there were multiple agents involved on my BI... I just received an email that said my BI is done, I updated few info.
          I assume the NCIS only do few bi at a time, they finished mine so they went to you? Or coincidence lol

• DCPO
          DCPO commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info. All my contacts are in the same area so it should be done quickly.

• Originally posted by DCPO View Post
        I was just notified by email that my BI has started. How long does the BI process take?
        Super jealous! Congrats! Hope to hear back for mine soon, looks like we're somewhat similar timelines.

Comment

• 1811hunter
          1811hunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope so, man... hope so. Will keep ya posted

• KaziJ9
          KaziJ9 commented
          Editing a comment
          1811hunter I think I'm back in the running! Just heard another interview was conducted on one of my contacts this week...I may be in the class with ya'll too...fingers crossed!

• 1811hunter
          1811hunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Kazi, let's not get too excited yet, I still haven't heard anything back from HQ! Hopefully it's nothing bad, no news=good news I heard but this is making me pretty nervous. It's been almost a month now.

• KaziJ9
          KaziJ9 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm staying positive on everyone's behalf

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8470 users online. 394 members and 8076 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X