Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question pertaining to the current announcement. Am I understanding right that under the required documents section when it says "you must submit your license or certificate" they are referring to your Drivers License? Second, I just want to make sure that I understand correctly that I do not have to submit the background questionnaire like they normally require in previous announcements. I did not see anywhere saying that it must be submitted. Thanks

Comment

• cmor5150
      cmor5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      I noticed that as well, it also didn’t have a link to the “preferred duty stations” form either. Can anyone confirm that the only requirements we’re completing the usajobs assessment and uploading required documents?

• LBJfan4life
      LBJfan4life commented
      Editing a comment
      I emailed the address listed but I doubt I will get a response in time. I am going to try calling.

• The preferred duty stations form and the other paper work LBJ mentioned were all sent to me as part of the invitation to the panel interview. There are 10 forms required for you to bring to the panel interview, as well as a handful of other requirements like a copy of your e-QIP, 2x passport photos, and others.

If you've been scheduled for a panel interview you should have - or be getting shortly - everything you need.

Comment

• Originally posted by beauonly View Post
      The preferred duty stations form and the other paper work LBJ mentioned were all sent to me as part of the invitation to the panel interview. There are 10 forms required for you to bring to the panel interview, as well as a handful of other requirements like a copy of your e-QIP, 2x passport photos, and others.

If you've been scheduled for a panel interview you should have - or be getting shortly - everything you need.
      Thanks for this. I would have never thought to bring passport photos.

Comment

• Camelbak
        Camelbak commented
        Editing a comment
        It might be different depending on what field office you process out of, but I was told to bring the following items:

Birth certificate or passport.
        Driver's license.
        Your complete e-QIP.
        Selective Service registration letter and DD214.
        Two passport sized photos.
        Certified/sealed copy of your college transcripts.

There are also a bunch of other documents that they email you that you need to bring.

• Schwook
        Schwook commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome. Thank you.

• there a new announcement out for only GS-7? why such a fast follow?

Comment

• How long does this process take? And any advise on the interview?

Comment

• 14A46
          14A46 commented
          Editing a comment
          so far its been 6 month, interview was good just be yourself but be professional. take a moment and digest the questions before you answer, almost every questions can relate to life experience if you have one. right now i am not sure with the government shut down it will delay the process for sure

• Originally posted by emaichbe03 View Post
        there a new announcement out for only GS-7? why such a fast follow?
        I've been told that they're looking at replacing a lot of agents. I haven't been told the reason why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Schwook View Post

I've been told that they're looking at replacing a lot of agents. I haven't been told the reason why.
          just interesting because the last one was GS9 and GS7. i got the thanks but no thanks due to not being a vet. so just curious why this is only a GS7....

Comment

• LBJfan4life
            LBJfan4life commented
            Editing a comment
            I got the same response. I am cool with taking a 7 even though I am an 11 now at my current agency. I just don't see why they don't start reaching out to those from the last announcement who they turned down because they weren't vets.

• Schwook
            Schwook commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a government employment law that veterans are to receive preference with each job opening. NCIS doesn't have any say in the matter.

• emaichbe03
            emaichbe03 commented
            Editing a comment
            not sure what question you're answering, Schwook. i know vets get pref on the vacancy announcements, just wondering why this announcement is only at the GS7 level and the other was both. and i think LBJfan is saying why don't they just reach out to those qualified non-vets from the last announcement if they in fact need more qualified non-vets, as opposed a new announcement.

• Did my interview today and it went great! Nothing but positive feedback from the interviewers.

There was a short writing "test" and I was fingerprinted right after they deliberated and said I'll be moving to the polygraph. Not super exited about that part of it...

Either way it's a great feeling to have made it this far!

pro tip: make sure you ask lots of questions at the end. Interviewing the interviewers is a great way to get better insight into NCIS as an organization and a workplace. Worked great for me.

good luck to you all.

Comment

• Schwook
            Schwook commented
            Editing a comment
            Was the writing test a reading comprehension thing or what? Glad to hear the good news.

• beauonly
            beauonly commented
            Editing a comment
            It was mostly just a test of technical writing ability. Don't worry about handwriting, just getting the syntax, spelling, and paragraph structure right.
            Last edited by beauonly; 03-27-2019, 04:25 PM.

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post
          I have a question pertaining to the current announcement. Am I understanding right that under the required documents section when it says "you must submit your license or certificate" they are referring to your Drivers License? Second, I just want to make sure that I understand correctly that I do not have to submit the background questionnaire like they normally require in previous announcements. I did not see anywhere saying that it must be submitted. Thanks
          I got a response back from NCIS. They said with this current announcement you need to submit your DL and unlike previous announcements you do not have to submit a background questionnaire.

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post

I got a response back from NCIS. They said with this current announcement you need to submit your DL and unlike previous announcements you do not have to submit a background questionnaire.
            How did you attach your DL ? Every time I put it in the other category the system it informs me it will not be forwarded with with the other documents. Then the last page of the app to upload the docs there’s no space that says driver license or other for accepted docs. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Comment

• 8404_2Law
              8404_2Law commented
              Editing a comment
              It makes more since that the announcement was referring to professional licenses or certs, in case someone wanted to use them for consideration in order to bolster their application. For reasons, in the questionnaire, question one of the assessment, asks if you're able to obtain and maintain a valid state drivers licenses. (operative word "obtain"). I could be wrong but thats what I got out of the announcement.

• Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post

How did you attach your DL ? Every time I put it in the other category the system it informs me it will not be forwarded with with the other documents. Then the last page of the app to upload the docs there’s no space that says driver license or other for accepted docs. Any help would be appreciated greatly.
            Is it in PDF format? I attached it to the "others" and didn't have an issue.

Comment

• Yeah it’s in pdf but we’ll see ill keep trying

Comment

• Does anyone know if we are still in consideration from the previous opening can we still apply to the current opening? Basically, I’m wondering if one application will affect the other? Thanks for the help.

Comment

• beauonly
                  beauonly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't be able to apply... I don't think it will hurt your current chances. In any case, if you don't meet expectations or requirements this time around (knock on wood!) you would already be in the pipe for the next one. At least that's what my unqualified though processes lead me to believe.

• legionnaire13
                  legionnaire13 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup, those are exactly my thoughts as well. Thanks

• So I found a website, when I was trying to look at details of the physical fitness requirements, which states there is a fitness test done prior to FLETC. The website seemed maybe a little outdated. Does anyone have any insight as far as fitness standards before or during FLETC?

Comment

• beauonly
                  beauonly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As far as I know... Im at the Poly stage btw, is that no PT test will be required prior to going to FLETC. The paperwork regarding "physical requirements" only said that you have to be able to complete the FLETC requirements... nothing about passing it. In any case, I would highly suggest being able to at least meet minimum FLETC PT standards from the FLETC website BEFORE showing up for training.

Obviously, this is so you don't have to stress out about failing a PT test (which I cannot confirm or deny is a necessity to passing CITP due to having never been there) and you can focus on the coursework.

• OK thanks! that’s kind of what I gathered as well...just found that site stating there was a test beforehand and got kinda nervous. It was on the internet so I figured it was true lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5367 users online. 297 members and 5070 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X