Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ainokea808 nope. last thing I got was around 8/30...showing I had been referred to about 21 offices. That's it.

Comment

• ainokea808
      ainokea808 commented
      Editing a comment
      you should contact them. Just to double-check, are you sure that it said "referred"? I have a friend who got an email saying that they qualified, but until you carefully read each line for the office referrals, it actually said something like "qualified, but not referred"

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks like if you haven't received a Conditional Offer by now...it might be a slim chance of you getting picked this round.

• themoj0
      themoj0 commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah I was referred to all locations. No biggie. keep on keepin on

• I spoke to the NCIS HR(?) person. She was nice. I don't graduate until March, so they're not scheduling until then. It's nice to know that I'm still in the process and they're willing to wait. If any of you have applied before graduation, that may be the reason for the delay.

Comment

• ainokea808
      ainokea808 commented
      Editing a comment
      Schwook, graduation? you mean from school?

• ainokea808
      ainokea808 commented
      Editing a comment
      Schwook, can you PM me the contact information of the HR person you contacted?

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      ainokea808 Right, I literally have one class to complete before I graduate from college. She said we'll look to schedule in March.

• Just received an email scheduling my interview for late January....yes!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by legionnaire13 View Post
      Just received an email scheduling my interview for late January....yes!!!!
      Good for you. Are classing up in March?

Comment

• i just finished poly, does any former agents or current shed the light a little more on if agents get deployed in combat theater and if they do are ever attached to SF or Navy. PM me for OPSEC

Comment

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          How long did your poly take? Any suggestions for those of us who are nervous or don't know what exactly to expect?

• Hi. I am new to the thread. I am waiting on my polygraph. Has anyone here ever recieved counseling? If so how does ncis treat it. Do they require a mental health eval even for marital counseling

Comment

• Originally posted by mercede_morga View Post
          Hi. I am new to the thread. I am waiting on my polygraph. Has anyone here ever recieved counseling? If so how does ncis treat it. Do they require a mental health eval even for marital counseling
          I don't think marital counseling would be an issue. If so, half the government higher ups would be disqualified for marital issues. Significant mental health issues (schizophrenia, severe bi-polar disorder) would be an issue. Source: Have TS/SCI clearance

Comment

• Originally posted by 14A46 View Post
            i just finished poly, does any former agents or current shed the light a little more on if agents get deployed in combat theater and if they do are ever attached to SF or Navy. PM me for OPSEC
            I have never seen NCIS on a deployment, maybe they were there? I did work work them on a training mission once, but wasnt combat.

I could never imagine a situation where they would be needed to roll with SOF. I have rolled with DEA, CIA, and FBI.

Comment

• NCIS agents are attached to deployed units in combat environments including SOF elements. However, agents will be conducting CI/CT support and obviously not conducting operations or anything like that.

Comment

• Ncis and afosi are always deployed and you don't hear about them bc their mission is completely different than stateside. If you want to deploy, osi will have more opportunities due to base locations. Few agencies go outside the wire deployed, to include fbi. Ncis and osi are not restricted in the same manner .

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/p...an-identified/

Comment

• TripleH is correct. To clarify my post NCIS agents can and do leave the wire of the FOB. However, concerning the SOF side you will be supporting SOF not conducting direct action with them.
                  Last edited by 1cowboy; 12-31-2017, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• Sorry if I missed this, but I didn't see anyone that has interviewed talk about having to produce a writing sample. I had a friend go through the process back in 2014 and he said they had him hand write an essay. Has this been the case for anyone recently?

Comment

• Originally posted by Toolman78 View Post
                      Sorry if I missed this, but I didn't see anyone that has interviewed talk about having to produce a writing sample. I had a friend go through the process back in 2014 and he said they had him hand write an essay. Has this been the case for anyone recently?
                      I just spoke to the person that will be conducting the panel interview for me and she said that there is a writing exam.

You're asked to simply answer questions. I asked her if I should study logic games (similar to an LSAT exam) and she told me that it was easy-peasy. Nothing to even study for. Now, I think they may have different requirements for different experience levels and I was told specially that NCIS isn't currently eager to consider "kids straight out of college with no real world investigatory or law experience".

Comment

• Toolman78
                        Toolman78 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks brother

• Any recent news for folks who have completed their respective interview panel and poly?

Comment

• I received my interview date, it's in early February. If I pass the interview, the poly will be the following day.

Comment

• MomoKo3
                          MomoKo3 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          be confident and be sharp! good luck

• Camelbak
                          Camelbak commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well, I took the FBI's phase II and few months ago. Which is similar (panel interview and a writing exercise) and I did well on it. So I'm pretty confident going into this.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10090 users online. 480 members and 9610 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X