Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the big Ben Dover rejection letter today.. again.. Damn, do you have to know someone who knows someone to get into this agency.. Had better luck with just about all other agencies I've applied to.. What a joke.

Comment

• cmor5150
      cmor5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Has anyone gotten NORs from the recent announcement? Seems a little too soon.

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      No NOR yet. I think what happened here could be what happened to me last year. Something was missing or the application was found ineligible.

For me, I didn't fill out the questionnaire. There was a link to a list of required documents and the questionnaire wasn't on there so I figured it was optional. When I got the "application incomplete" notice, I called and complained. They didn't reinstate my application but I noticed that link is no longer on there and they mention the questionnaire multiple times within the announcement. Moral of the story, these agencies get thousands of applications per year so they look for anything to DQ you. It's totally my fault because I saw the questionnaire.

• ainokea808
      ainokea808 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lone-ranger, that is EXACTLY what happened to me last year too. I was so upset. This year I re-read everything a hundred times to make sure everything was submitted.

• ForzaMilan
      ForzaMilan commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't feel bad, man. I am an 1811, and I got the no thank you letter , almost a year later. No rhyme or reason. It is probably for the best. Good luck with the other agencies.

• Watsup guys. Just a question what's a regular day like as a ncis agent ?? And do they have like holidays off and other things like that ?? I've tried to look up some information but can't find anything.

Comment

• rathos
      rathos commented
      Editing a comment
      While I am not in NCIS, I have been in law enforcement for a while. If you are expecting holidays off your are looking in the wrong profession. Generally if you work you get paid holiday pay, but don't expect holidays off in any law enforcement gig.

• Originally posted by rathos View Post
    While I am not in NCIS, I have been in law enforcement for a while. If you are expecting holidays off your are looking in the wrong profession. Generally if you work you get paid holiday pay, but don't expect holidays off in any law enforcement gig.
    Rathos you're wrong, I've actually interned for a federal agency, the ATF to be exact and they had holidays off.

Comment

• Spudnik1347
      Spudnik1347 commented
      Editing a comment
      To be honest most 1811s give holidays and weekends off but you are on call 24-7 so anything can happen. There are agencies out there where they do work weekends. It all varies.

• rathos
      rathos commented
      Editing a comment
      Not the experience I have had working with FBI recon, Marshals or the SS investigators I have dealt with in my career but then again we never really talked office hours

• Hey guys, new to this forum. Just applied for the August 2017 opening out of Hawaii. How has everyone's process been going?

Comment

• rathos
      rathos commented
      Editing a comment
      So far it is going no where fast, but that seems to be the government and job openings. Also applied in August so we will see where it goes.

• ainokea808
      ainokea808 commented
      Editing a comment
      you mind if I PM you rathos?

• rathos
      rathos commented
      Editing a comment
      not at all but I am pretty new to the FED LEO application process so not sure how much help I can be.

• Anyone get a referral from this latest announcement yet?

Comment

• ainokea808
      ainokea808 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey colonel87, good to see you on this forum too haha. no referral for me yet.

• DC_Detective
      DC_Detective commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing yet. No referral or rejection.

• Stormin123
      Stormin123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Still standing by on received.

• I guess nobody still hasn't heard anything??

Comment

• cmor5150
      cmor5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Radio silence here.

• DC_Detective
      DC_Detective commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a thing, still only showing "received" in USAJobs. Thinking it may be until after the new fiscal year begins next month before any developments.

• themoj0
      themoj0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got my referral yesterday! To 22 locales
      Last edited by themoj0; 09-29-2017, 11:49 PM.

• Nothing for both US citizens and Fed employee announcement on my end.

Comment

• I got an email today stating I did not meet the Area of Consideration requirements. My status on USA jobs did not change but I guess that means I am out.

Comment

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        Got referred for one announcement and not referred for the other.

• 1811_WannaBe
        1811_WannaBe commented
        Editing a comment
        What does not meet area of consideration requirements mean? I got that too, not referred either. I thought I'd at least get a shot at the interview

• rathos
        rathos commented
        Editing a comment
        1811_WannaBe, not totally sure. I am guessing it means that the areas I applied at didn't need any one? I qualified as a GS-9 for USSS, so I can't imagine it means I am not qualified for a GS-7 position...

• 1811_WannaBe
        1811_WannaBe commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. USSS, ATF, FBI found me eligible. I keep getting these emails about so many veterans applying but I'm claiming the points. I don't have a DD214 yet and won't until January so I submit a letter from my command but I feel like they aren't accepting those.

• Eligible but not referred to the hiring manager due to the amount of Vets who applied.

Comment

• cmor5150
        cmor5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here... too bad 5 years active national guard doesn't count towards vet preference

• bellyer
        bellyer commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here.

• colonel87
        colonel87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same for me

• themoj0
        themoj0 commented
        Editing a comment
        cmor, im sure your time counted, it just depends on the points. like me, i get a 10 point pref. for being 40% service connected..whereas the usual points for vets is 5.

• I was found eligible but not referred for the public announcement and eligible/referred for the federal employee announcement. Weird..

Comment

• themoj0
        themoj0 commented
        Editing a comment
        im thinking you can only be referred to one announcement. I was same. i only applied to both because i didnt realize at first that they were different announcements. but the public one i wasnt refrd. the federal one i was.

• I was found ineligible due to not submitting all required documents. Which I don't understand, because I submitted everything e.g. resume, transcripts, DD-214, SF-50, and background security questionnaire. I applied to both announcements and I remember on the second one there was no place to upload the questionnaire. Did anyone else notice that? Or. am I missing something?

Comment

• themoj0
        themoj0 commented
        Editing a comment
        You need to upload the questionnaire under "other documents" , Then rename it QUESTIONNAIRE

• Found eligible and referred for 3 locations. Non-vet/LEO.

Comment

• MALAMBO83
        MALAMBO83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bliskin,

Congrats I got referred as well, did you chose more locations? I did and I got referred to to 9. I am wondering if some might be full. Once again, congrats and the process just began!

• Bliskin
        Bliskin commented
        Editing a comment
        MALAMBO,

Thanks and congrats to you as well. The announcement I am referring to is the GL-7 open to all citizens so I was only found eligible for 7. I only chose the 3 locations I was referred to.

• MALAMBO83
        MALAMBO83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bliskin,

I was referred for the GL7 position as well I was talking about the locations, I got referred to 9 locations, I was wondering if you only put 3 but you clarified it . Good luck brother!

• themoj0
        themoj0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good job! I got 22 locations..but all I will need is ONE!! Good luck to all!

• I was found ineligible for the federal employee announcement due to not meeting the Area of Consideration requirements (whatever that means???) but I was found eligible and referred under the public announcement. Thankfully I still have a chance lol. Good luck to everyone!!!!

Comment

• themoj0
        themoj0 commented
        Editing a comment
        The area of consideration describes the individuals from whom the agency will accept applications to compete for the position. It may be a broad or a limited group of individuals. The area of consideration may also be referred to as “Who May Apply” within the vacancy announcement. If you are not within the area of consideration and you are not eligible for a non-competitive or special hiring authority, the agency will not consider your application.

• No email yet as to my referral.

Comment

• found eligible but not referred to any locations. said further that if that is the case, it's because enough vets filled up the spots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14336 users online. 457 members and 13879 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X