300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LMR1101 View Post
    Care to share your background experience?
    8 years local LE with 3 years as a detective and SWAT. 2 associates degrees (AAS in administration of justice and AS in general studies) BS in Crim justice with superior academic achievement and Masters of Science in Public Administration. I have a few other certs from other fed agencies related to technical skills. You can PM me on those.

I'm also a Navy vet.

i was offered Norfolk, VA. If I hadn't already moved I probably would have taken the job.

Comment

• sbsellards1
      sbsellards1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they say what the class date was? I'm assuming it's an August class?

• Originally posted by sbsellards1 View Post
    Did they say what the class date was? I'm assuming it's an August class?
    I was offered a September FLETC date.

Comment

• sbsellards1
      sbsellards1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting.. Well I guess hope isn't lost yet. I actually put Norfolk as my #1 so I'm glad to hear they need bodies there.

Interesting.. Well I guess hope isn't lost yet. I actually put Norfolk as my #1 so I'm glad to hear they need bodies there.
    Good luck brother. If it's meant to be, it WILL be.

Comment

• Just curious. Does NCIS ever open up for hiring at the GL-9 level? I would truly love a job with them, but going to an entry level GL-7 would be *really* hard to swallow at the point I'm at in my career and with a Master's degree and with my family to support.

Comment

• what's the deal with the 2 separate announcements on USAJOBS? only thing i can tell is one is open to current and former fed employees?

Comment

• colonel87
          colonel87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure, I applied to both announcements just for the heck of it.

• I'm probably missing something and this is a really stupid question, but how are you guys doing the background security questionnaire? Its a docx file and you can't edit some of the text. Specifically, the signature block, the footer at the end of each page where it wants your last name and last four of your ssn and the box at the end asking for additional information about questions you answer "yes" to. I tried printing the doc out, filling it out, and re-scanning it in to a word doc but now the file size is too large to upload. I also tried just inserting text boxes and that doesn't work either

Comment

• 1811_WannaBe
          1811_WannaBe commented
          Editing a comment
          I clicked what I could and typed in what I could. I then printed it and hand wrote my answers to the "Yes" questions. I scanned it in and it was too big so I went to smallpdf.com and it shrunk it down. Hope that helps.

• bellyer
          bellyer commented
          Editing a comment
          I completed the non-fillable parts of the document by writing on the PDF with my Surface Pro. After saving, the document was way too big for it to be accepted, but I then changed my printer to print to PDF and it saved the file as a file that was less than the allowable 3 MB. Print to PDF should do the trick for you.

• cmor5150
          cmor5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel like I may have missed something... was this on the initial application?

• cmor5150
          cmor5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          Disregard, found it.

• Thanks for the replies! Smallpdf.com worked for me. I didn't even know that was a thing

Comment

• Anyone run into the question in the application about having a TS clearance and willingness to maintain that clearance? I didn't think a clearance was required for the job, but the way it is phrased makes me think they'll disqualify you if you don't have a TS clearance. As someone who doesn't hold a clearance presently, I'm not sure if saying no to answer this question would be right because the second half of the question I would say yes to.

Comment

• cmor5150
            cmor5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ya that question on the application was written worse than Massachusetts' gun laws

• bellyer
            bellyer commented
            Editing a comment
            cmor5150 - Just curious (if you don't happen to hold a clearance already), which response did you choose on that question?

• cmor5150
            cmor5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a TS so I clicked yes.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            That question on the application should have been split up into two questions.

• Anyone know if having an active TS/SCI will make the process go any faster? I just received mine like four months ago from the military.

Comment

• MDPO32
            MDPO32 commented
            Editing a comment
            It won't but their process only took me like 8 months or so

• cmor5150
            cmor5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow that's not bad!

• For the eligibility assessment it appears as though you should be able to answer the questions right on the USstaffing site, but it does not allow that. Is it okay to print that out, fill it by hand, and scan it back as an attached document?
          Also, the assessment lacks many directions, are you able to fill the bubbles for all that apply to each question or only choose on answer?

~Edit~
          Disregard, was able to troubleshoot issue.
          Last edited by MTB517; 08-12-2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• DC_Detective
            DC_Detective commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm having the same issue...how did you troubleshoot it?

• rathos
            rathos commented
            Editing a comment
            when you fill out the app it takes you through those questions. Not sure why they have an extra link to it. Just apply.

• Originally posted by MDPO32 View Post
          It won't but their process only took me like 8 months or so
          Mine was the about the same as well.

Comment

• cmor5150
            cmor5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Do they have you report to your duty station and work if there is some time before the academy like HSI does?

• I'm trying to find out what we have to do for the physical fitness test (as in exercises and what is a passing score) and what will be on the written exam. I can't find it on the website. I maybe overlooking it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Comment

• sbsellards1
            sbsellards1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Google the FLETC PEB. That's what you're going to have to do right away in CITP, I don't know what they have that's agency specific. If you're talking about pre-employment, NCIS doesn't require a PT test before the academy.

Google the FLETC PEB. That's what you're going to have to do right away in CITP, I don't know what they have that's agency specific. If you're talking about pre-employment, NCIS doesn't require a PT test before the academy.
          Alright then thanks! So no written examination or nothin like that ?

Comment

• Just applied to this announcement. Anyone get hired and work out of the Northeast? PM me I have some questions. Thanks!

Comment

• rathos
              rathos commented
              Editing a comment
              Good luck. I applied out of the Northwest. I will post if I hear anything.

• I'm new to the forum, can anyone post what the day to day life is as an 1811 in ncis? Applied to great lakes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7548 users online. 214 members and 7334 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X