• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LMR1101 View Post
    Any word from anyone?
    Have you done medical yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by WillB1smday View Post

Have you done medical yet?
      Completed my medical on Friday, they sent the results....they've already started visiting family and references.....not sure what's left....other than waiting haha

Comment

• Originally posted by StephT View Post

Completed my medical on Friday, they sent the results....they've already started visiting family and references.....not sure what's left....other than waiting haha
        They should notify you if/when they put you into the hiring pool. Let the wait begin!

Comment

• Originally posted by WillB1smday View Post

They should notify you if/when they put you into the hiring pool. Let the wait begin!
          Did they notify you that you're in the hiring pool already?

Comment

• WillB1smday
            WillB1smday commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope, I haven't completed medical yet. I have it at the end of the week. I'm hoping a recent back surgery isn't going to cause any problems, but lets be real...its the government. We shall see. Anyone else care to weigh in on the subject? By subject I mean medical clearance for FED LE after back surgery.
            Last edited by WillB1smday; 04-11-2017, 09:29 AM. Reason: Added a question

• If you can now demonstrate that you are able to perform the essential physical functions of the position as listed in the announcement there shouldn't be an issue, doesn't mention much directly about back. Im sure the doc will ask you to stretch, touch toes, and stuff like that. Since a physical agility test isn't mandated in this hiring process I wouldn't worry too much.

Medical Requirements: The duties of positions in this series require moderate to arduous physical exertion involving walking and standing, use of firearms, and exposure to inclement weather. Manual dexterity with comparatively free motion of finger, wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, and knee joints is required. Arms, hands, legs, and feet must be sufficiently intact and functioning in order that applicants may perform the duties satisfactorily. Sufficiently good vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required to perform the duties satisfactorily. Near vision, corrective lenses permitted, must be sufficient to read printed material the size of typewritten characters. Hearing loss, as measured by an audiometer, must not exceed 35 decibels at 1000, 2000, and 3000 Hz levels. Since the duties of these positions are exacting and responsible, and involve activities under trying conditions, applicants must possess emotional and mental stability. Any physical condition that would cause the applicant to be a hazard to himself/herself, or others is disqualifying.

Comment

• Anyone else done their medical and waiting on their background to finish?

Comment

• Originally posted by LMR1101 View Post
              Any word from anyone?
              The word is "apoplectic"...my feelings toward this process.
              OUT!!

Comment

Anyone else done their medical and waiting on their background to finish?
                Finished...waiting...

Comment

• Anyone know if there are anymore classes this fy?

Comment

• Last I heard there is a July class. However because the current April class was not announced prior to people getting the call I am hoping that does not affect future summer tentative class dates.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHG123 View Post
                      Last I heard there is a July class. However because the current April class was not announced prior to people getting the call I am hoping that does not affect future summer tentative class dates.
                      After July how do you think the rest of the year will pan out as far as classes?

Comment

• I can only hope there will be more classes. The information I am going by was addressed in the hiring pool letter. I'm sure others may have more current info. NCIS cancelled a few classes last summer so I'm crossing my fingers for July.

Comment

After July how do you think the rest of the year will pan out as far as classes?
                          Like CHG123, when I received notification of being placed in the hiring pool I was told that a July and August class were tentatively scheduled. The April class was a surprise to me and I literally heard about it a week or so before calls began going out.

Comment

• Has anyone received a final offer yet? Any reliable information regarding June or July classes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chi Guy View Post
                              Has anyone received a final offer yet? Any reliable information regarding June or July classes?
                              No final offer yet. However, I believe one is supposed to get an email about being put into the hiring pool, then an offer comes after. Did you get an email about being placed in the pool? On another note, I believe calls will be going out soon. I spoke to an agent recently (within the last 24 hours or so) that stated that another round of hiring is about to begin (not an announcement, but calls). But, I am assuming that the recent government budget may have something to do with this. It looks like they may be waiting until the new budget becomes law, but who knows for sure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9487 users online. 206 members and 9281 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X