Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received the same email stating that I'm among best qualified now and referred on usajobs. I recently posted my stats and mentioned that I had received an email that said I was dismissed from the process a little while ago

Comment

• What's the highest rating available?
      Last edited by Stonecw; 11-19-2016, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by echoshot3 View Post
        Just got an email saying I am referred now too and it changed on usajobs too
        I wonder if the reason why it changed from Referred to Reviewed back to Referred is because the application is referred to and reviewed by HQ then referred to a field office?

Comment

• Dec 2015 applicant here, recently found out HR and the hiring panel is still mowing over the last of our applications for possible entry into the pool. Some of us had already made it in. Based on this experience I wouldn't anticipate a quick time line. Seems other agencies I've applied for well after may be handing out a citp date before NCIS figures the budget and class schedule out.

Comment

• The Department of the Navy Employment Info Center told me that interviews are not mandatory. Does that mean that NCIS could move someone further into the hiring process without an interview?

Comment

• Back in 2014 I went through the entire process and even had usajobs.gov update my status as "hired" (it still says hired even to this day) only to receive a dismissal letter a few days later. So I wouldn't put too much stock into what usajobs.gov says

Comment

• Here's an interesting article:
                ​​​​​
                http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smiths...-ncis-5958484/ What Is It Really Like to Work at the NCIS?

A division chief and special agent talk about the challenges and rewards of fighting crime across the world

Comment

• A fellow officer and I applied on the same day from the same computer, one immediately after the next. We both have roughly the same amount of time on the job, similar LE experiences and both have bachelor's degrees. Our main difference is he is a 10 point preference eligible veteran. He had his interview and poly the week before Thanksgiving at the Navy Yard and said he passed both.

My theory (SWAG) is that the 10 point vets got referred, then the 5 point vets, and then they got down to us lowly, scummy non vets who happen to be fed LE with degrees, and then just fed LE with the qualifying experience. The vacancy did say current feds so vet preference is only supposed to be considered for 30% disabled preference veterans but who knows anymore. I'm not trying to insult anybody or claim something over something else, but where I am going is where a lot of us have already experienced. NCIS is, by far, the absolute most unpredictable, illogical and arguably worst hiring charade any of us have ever experienced. All of their agents I have ever met swear it is the best job in the history of America and it very well
                  could be. To get it in 2008 or after could very well be the worst experience any human being could imagine.

Too many of us have heard or personally experienced the festivities of passing everything and still not getting hired, passing everything and waiting around until another job was offered only to have NCIS call and offer you less money in a terrible location two years after you were cleared to hire, going to the interview, passing and then getting tossed from the process because some junior DOD IT icon can't get you access to eQip, submitting all of your paperwork a few times and then having it lost, having your interview and poly postponed for a blizzard and then never being rescheduled, Gibbs giving a thumbs down to everybody who applied, etc. The list goes for ever.

That being said, I applied again (12th time fingers crossed), was referred and hope to get another crack at the processing adventure. Maybe a new regime means that NCIS can actually hire some of us??? In the interim, my gut feeling is they like to post vacancy announcements and laugh at all of us for applying all the time.

Comment

• I received an e-mail yesterday stating that interviews will be 16 Jan 17 to 17 Feb 17.

Comment

• Same here, received the coe today

Comment

• Originally posted by echoshot3 View Post
                        Same here, received the coe today
                        Did a field office contact you yet?

Comment

• FWIW, I too received a COE and my the E-mail I recieved stated that they would be conducting interviews between Mid Jan - Mid Feb. Hopefully they contact those who received the COE shortly after the holidays. Best of luck.

Comment

• How long ago did you guys get your COE and what regions did you put for your interview? I was referred, but still haven't heard anything back since early November, hmm...

Comment

• Received an e-mail today with a date for the panel interview.

Comment

• Congrats.. When are where?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7259 users online. 449 members and 6810 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X