Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My status changed on USAJobs about 2 months post interview and I still had to finish the rest of the process; poly, drug screening, back ground, and physical before I was even done with the process. I didn't get selected into the hiring pool for another 5-6 months after my status changed on USAJobs.

Not meant to discourage you, but just letting you know from my experience it had nothing to do with the hiring board.

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
      My status on usajobs just changed from referred to selected. Has anyone else had this happen? What about you guys already in the hiring pool? Did your status change when you were placed in the hiring pool?
      In case you are interested, this is how my timeline went:

4/28/2015
      • Applied for NCIC Vacancy ID Number: NW51811-07-13920634I099769
      5/21/2015
      • Received Conditional offer
      • Submitted “Request for Biographical Information” and “Authorization for Release” forms
      6/2/2015
      • Received email with Panel interview date of 6/8/2015 at 0800 in San Diego
      6/8/2015
      • Passed 30min Writing Sample, and Panel Interview
      6/9/2015
      • Received call from Polygraph
      6/12/2015
      • Passed Full-Scope Polygraph
      7/2/2015
      • Suitability backgound started.
      7/9/2015
      • Completed drug test urinalysis.
      • Medical Scheduled for July 15th.
      7/15/2015
      • Completed Part 1 of Medical at Camp Pendleton Medical Hospital
      7/22/2015
      • Completed Part 2 of Medical at Camp Pendleton Medical Hospital
      8/5/2015
      • Status changed from “Referred” to “Selected” on USAJobs
      9/8/2015
      • Received a new email stating, "We have initiated your background suitability investigation. Once complete, your application package will be presented to a hiring board for review. If recommended by the hiring board, your name will go into a hiring pool utilized to fill future Special Agent positions. You will receive an official letter advising you were recommended for hire or no longer being considered."
      10/19/2015
      • Received an email stating: "A careful examination of your application package for employment as a Special Agent with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service has been completed. Regrettably, I must inform you that you will not be considered for further processing."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tackle and Grapple View Post

4/28/2015
        5/21/2015
        • Submitted “Request for Biographical Information” and “Authorization for Release” forms
        6/2/2015
        6/8/2015
        6/9/2015
        6/12/2015
        7/2/2015
        7/9/2015
        7/15/2015
        7/22/2015
        8/5/2015
        9/8/2015
        • Received a new email stating, "We have initiated your background suitability investigation. Once complete, your application package will be presented to a hiring board for review. If recommended by the hiring board, your name will go into a hiring pool utilized to fill future Special Agent positions. You will receive an official letter advising you were recommended for hire or no longer being considered."
        10/19/2015
        • Received an email stating: "A careful examination of your application package for employment as a Special Agent with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service has been completed. Regrettably, I must inform you that you will not be considered for further processing."
        So basically you went through the entire process and then they dumped you....That's typical of NCIS and then they wonder why they can't fill a FLETC class....

Comment

• Originally posted by Tackle and Grapple View Post

4/28/2015
          5/21/2015
          6/2/2015
          6/8/2015
          6/9/2015
          6/12/2015
          7/2/2015
          7/9/2015
          7/15/2015
          7/22/2015
          8/5/2015
          9/8/2015
          10/19/2015
          Don't feel bad. Exact same thing happened to me and it ended up working out for the better.

TDF

Comment

• Having started my law enforcement career with the Navy that absolutely sucks. I hate when agencies waste your time, pass everything only to have them pass on your package and not providing a reason as to why. Unfortunately it happens a lot! I hope you won't bother investing all that time and energy with NCIS again. It's bs on so many levels.

Comment

• That's crazy to hear that long process to be ended with a rejection letter. WOW! "Tackle and Grapple" with all the honesty you have and humbleness , what is your inclination as to why you were not considered? Any kind of idea would help! As for me two days ago I got asked for my updated SF50 which is a govt form that declares your pay and such. I was told they will soon begin another board to choose applicants for the hiring pool. Also word from a special agent I know, is there looking for current 1811s (which I am) to save money. Personally I can say I might get booted like "Tackle and Grapple". Reason I think this is possible bad interviews with two coworkers and a current boss that would bad mouth me. But all these reasons are just pessimists thinking of myself. Either way I have a good job and won't shed a tear if they reject me. Good luck all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                So basically you went through the entire process and then they dumped you....That's typical of NCIS and then they wonder why they can't fill a FLETC class....
                To be honest with you, I don't think they wonder why they can't fill FLETC classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                  Don't feel bad. Exact same thing happened to me and it ended up working out for the better.

TDF
                  I am fine with it now. I honestly thought I was golden and was preparing to move, and take a pay cut for what I believed was a better opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                    Having started my law enforcement career with the Navy that absolutely sucks. I hate when agencies waste your time, pass everything only to have them pass on your package and not providing a reason as to why. Unfortunately it happens a lot! I hope you won't bother investing all that time and energy with NCIS again. It's bs on so many levels.
                    You know, I would love to work for NCIS, however, I will not invest more time starting all over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by CIDUSM1999 View Post
                      That's crazy to hear that long process to be ended with a rejection letter. WOW! "Tackle and Grapple" with all the honesty you have and humbleness , what is your inclination as to why you were not considered? Any kind of idea would help! As for me two days ago I got asked for my updated SF50 which is a govt form that declares your pay and such. I was told they will soon begin another board to choose applicants for the hiring pool. Also word from a special agent I know, is there looking for current 1811s (which I am) to save money. Personally I can say I might get booted like "Tackle and Grapple". Reason I think this is possible bad interviews with two coworkers and a current boss that would bad mouth me. But all these reasons are just pessimists thinking of myself. Either way I have a good job and won't shed a tear if they reject me. Good luck all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      This is only my two cents, but I believe the main goal of NCIS last year was to burn through their budget. I think that meant spending budget on background investigators, and medical staff. I believe if you were already a federal LEO, and 1811, that you had a good shot in finishing the process in such a short amount of time. If you were lucky enough to finish the process before the end of the fiscal year, they would squeeze you into an academy class, if not, they would tell you to try again next year. Being an 1801, I think I barely missed the cutoff, therefor was told to try again next year. The process wasn't easy, and I am not really interested in going through it multiple times, when I don't think their main goal is to necessarily hire a lot of people.

I wish all of you now in the process good luck! I'm sure you will enjoy the position, if selected.
                      Last edited by Tackle and Grapple; 07-09-2016, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Are there any current NCIS guys that read this thread that wouldn't mind talking about how they like working for NCIS? I've read through this thread, but I was hoping to get some current thoughts on morale... etc.. I'd like to know how you like the job, specifically the work, how easy or difficult it is to balance the job with family life, pros and cons. Thanks

Comment

• Got contacted today by NCIS HR saying my suitability background is complete, and hiring boards are imminent. Getting some movement it seems.

Comment

• All 2016 classes have been cancelled due to budget issues per HR. Next projected classes will be near June and Sept 2017 but are subjected to be cancelled as well. Most people who are May and March 2015 applicants in the hiring pool will have to reapply due to being in the hiring pool for 2 years.
                            Last edited by t.flu; 08-03-2016, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by t.flu View Post
                              All 2016 classes have been cancelled due to budget issues per HR. Next projected classes will be near June and Sept 2017 but are subjected to be cancelled as well. Most people who are May and March 2015 applicants in the hiring pool will have to reapply due to being in the hiring pool for 2 years.
                              Not surprising. NCIS is an agency that does not know how to hire or budget effectively. If you're thinking of applying consider putting in elsewhere.

TDF

Comment

• When you consider the applicant processing timeline for other Federal law enforcement agencies, I think you will find that, at 6 months, NCIS is processing applicants very quickly, as compared to other agencies, which often take a year or longer. While in this case, the outcome did not result in the applicant being placed into NCIS' hiring pool, it is worth noting that the applicant did not have to wait 12 months or longer to find out. Apart from reiterating the various steps of the application process, I do not see anything that suggests you were guaranteed to receive a final offer, or to be placed in the hiring pool. It seems improbable that you would assume you were certain to receive a final offer, for no one has that degree of certainty. I would encourage you to reapply when you're eligible. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2817 users online. 165 members and 2652 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X