Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BF280
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2010

This forum doesn't seem to have much activity. How are you December 2015 applicants progressing? Less than three weeks after my interview and poly they started my background. I will complete my medical next week. It's moving rather quickly for me.

Comment

• CF24
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2015

Any news on future 1811 openings for NCIS? Are these announcements put on USA JOBS?

Comment

• DPHUSMC5803
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2016

They are posted on USA Jobs, very sporadically usually only a handful per year. In the past they have only been open for 3 to 5 days for each announcement. Got to keep your eyes open.

Comment

• BF280
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2010

I finished up my medical today. Background investigator was here last week. It looks like now all I can do is sit and wait. Here's to hoping I don't have to sit in a hiring pool for very long.

Comment

• MAMikeB
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2012

Hello all,

Been reading the forum but, haven't posted. Just wanted to share my progress and set the record straight on a thing or two.

Here is my timeline so far:

12/17/15 - Applied
            01/20/16 - Referred / Conditional Offer
            02/10/16 - Interview at Washington DC Field Office
            02/11/16 - Polygraph
            03/07/16 - Background started
            03/15/16 - 1st Medical at WNY
            03/23/16 - 2nd Medical at WNY (passed)
            Now in the holding pattern for completion of background.

A little piece of info from the rumor mill as well, I have a pal in NCIS (shocker right) and he told me they don't always run the OPM investigation for TS along with the NCIS suitability investigation. He's been on with them just under a year and they are still working on his TS. Not sure if that helps but hey, it's info and we all love that!

I also wanted to share my qualifications/background for some of those wondering who or what you need to be to become an agent. I have my Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice from a semi known online college, I am a 5 point veteran and I am a current LEO. As for my police experience, I work for a mid-sized local agency in Western Maryland (about 95 sworn) not something like NYPD, LAPD or DC Metro. I am not a Detective or an Investigator, just a beat down street cop. I am a Navy vet and I worked as a Master-at-Arms (again, not a detective just a street cop) and my total police experience with military is right around 6 years.

My point is, some of those who say you have to be an 1811 or, you have to have investigative experience to get a referral let alone an interview, it's not really the case. For those of you who may have missed out on this one, keep trying. This is the third time I put in for NCIS and I have made a lot of progress as you can see. Experience is good, but it's also all in how you present yourself. I took a crazy amount of time to make sure my resume was accurate and concise and, I think it paid off in this case. Good luck to everyone and, I hope this was helpful to some!

Comment

• CIDUSM1999
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2012

Hey MAMikeB! really good post you sent out there. I'm sure a lot people will benefit from it. I got a question for you. Can you tell me why you had to go for a second medical thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• MAMikeB
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2012

@CIDUSM1999, the first medical was tests, (X-rays, blood test and so on) second was the meeting with the Occ. Health Doctor for exam and test results.

Comment

• BF280
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2010

Awfully quiet here. Has anyone heard anything?
                  Last edited by BF280; 04-13-2016, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• AnotherApplicant
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by BF280
                    Awfully quiet here. Has anyone heard anything?
                    July academy cancelled. Looks like September at the earliest, assuming the budget doesn't get thrown out of whack.

Comment

• DPHUSMC5803
                      Forum Member
                      • Jan 2016

I heard that as well, I wish there was a dislike button. This sucks but still worth the wait. Good luck to all those still waiting in the hiring pool and those in the process.

Comment

• BF280
                        Forum Member
                        • Jul 2010

I have also recently heard this news. Not good, not good at all. This is disappointing news. However, those attending the academy this month were hired last September. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but it's possible they could hire some of us and send us to the academy at a later date.

Comment

• AgentDiNozzo
                          Accused subversive
                          • Jun 2014

Anybody think that based on their bizarre even by federal standards hiring practices that NCIS might be a bit short of bodies to send down Glynco way?

I'll be glad to tell you what my specific bizarre story is via PM if anybody cares. It's one of the stranger examples I've encountered. And I've heard some jaw droppers from colleagues.

Comment

• CF24
                            Forum Member
                            • Nov 2015

Any Intel on the next announcement?

Comment

• CIDUSM1999
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2012

Told by special agent that did my background, that NCIS budget got hacked by 15million. Even though there is a budget cut and a July class canceled there still going to complete people's background that are in progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• BBSA11
                                Forum Member
                                • Feb 2016

Oh, that's bad news...I'm in the process from the most recent posting. I've completed everything, so I'm hoping they can onboard us before the end of the fiscal year. Maybe we'll get lucky and another class will open up before then.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 26927 users online. 66 members and 26861 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...