Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one else from the Dec 2015 announcement has anything worth reporting?

Comment

• Originally posted by AnotherApplicant View Post
      No one else from the Dec 2015 announcement has anything worth reporting?
      I was thinking the same thing. It's already March and it doesn't seem like much movement or folks just aren't posting their movement.

Comment

No one else from the Dec 2015 announcement has anything worth reporting?
        I am a Dec 2015 applicant. I passed the interview a couple of weeks ago. I took my poly a day later. The examiner told me that he didn't see any problems with my poly but the final decision will come from HQ. He said that I should hear something within a month or so. Hopefully I will get some good news in the next few weeks.

On another note, I have a few friends in NCIS and according to them there will be more announcements in the near future. There is an April academy class and a possible July class.

Comment

• Just FYI, no one will get into the April class and July is being filled from still last year's announcements. If you are in the newest announcement my best bet would be an Aug/Sept class, but nothing for sure, just guesstimating.

Comment

• This is mostly accurate.

The April academy is supposed to be for all of the NCIS new hires that were onboarded in September, but did not go to academy.

The anticipated July academy, I believe, is for the rest of us that made it through the hiring process, got placed in the pool, but did not get "the call" by the end of the fiscal year.

That said, the 12/15 announcement did say that a select few from that announcement, could potentially be picked up in time for the July academy. My guess is there are not a ton of us in the pool, and if a few people don't accept the job when they get the call, there could be a couple spots for the 12/15 applicants to sneak in (assuming they've completed all the hiring steps).

Glad to hear there has been movement for at least a couple people from that announcement.

Comment

This is mostly accurate.

The April academy is supposed to be for all of the NCIS new hires that were onboarded in September, but did not go to academy.

The anticipated July academy, I believe, is for the rest of us that made it through the hiring process, got placed in the pool, but did not get "the call" by the end of the fiscal year.

That said, the 12/15 announcement did say that a select few from that announcement, could potentially be picked up in time for the July academy. My guess is there are not a ton of us in the pool, and if a few people don't accept the job when they get the call, there could be a couple spots for the 12/15 applicants to sneak in (assuming they've completed all the hiring steps).

Glad to hear there has been movement for at least a couple people from that announcement.
              Right, if I was a guessing man, I'd say there are fewer than 10 slots if even that for the Dec announcement in july. There were a few people who weren't able to get in the April class, so they'll be in july, narrowing it down more. Hang in there it'll be worth it

Comment

• Great info Run89 & AnotherApplicant, it is much appreciated. I was aware that the April class was full with the hires from last year but everything else was new information. I can only hope that I get the official word soon that I passed the poly and that my med/background will go quickly. Neither should be a problem and move fairly quickly considering I am a current FED LEO.

Comment

• Anyone know how about how many are in the hiring pool from last year's announcement? I recently made it in the hiring pool from that announcement but I heard there were only a few of us that didn't make the September cut off.

Comment

• No idea. Only clue, as mentioned above, is that the 12/15 announcement said a few of those applicants could be hired for July academy.

Academies are 24 people, so I'm guessing there are 20-30 people currently in the pool.

Which is crazy to think about considering a couple thousand people applied last year. Shows just how picky NCIS can be.

Originally posted by DPHUSMC5803 View Post
                    Anyone know how about how many are in the hiring pool from last year's announcement? I recently made it in the hiring pool from that announcement but I heard there were only a few of us that didn't make the September cut off.

Comment

• All this talk is very hypothetical. My process has gone quick for the DEC opening. Panel and Poly passed. I also have CITP done being an 1811 and my last background "SSBI" was adjudicated in November. So if OPM only has to catch up a couple of months I'll be on standby for SABT. Which is my point to make that if there are candidates like me out there, it will be easy to slip in SABT if someone fails CITP and form my experience there is always one that fail out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• What is NCIS looking for in its applicants? Anyone have an idea.

Comment

• At this point , my friend and I applied in December and he got the BQA letter and I got an interview . The difference with us both is, prior service, degree and BOP . I have the 1811 and he don't. I believe NCIS wants 1811s with degrees but have to be vets. All speculation though and what I'm seeing.

Comment

• Any new NCIS news???

Does anyone know how long it taking NCIS special agents to clear each location for the suitability background?

Also how long after that for an offer?

Comment

• Just from my experience alone the background investigation didn't take long once it was initiated. The SA contacted me upon his completion and once all other steps were completed I received word from 10D that I was in the hiring pool about a month later.

Comment

• Much thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7320 users online. 401 members and 6919 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X