Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new NCIS news???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Did anyone receive a COE last week??

    Comment


    • Nope. Referred but no contact since then.

      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • [QUOTE=AlwaysReady2000;3816680]Nope. Referred but no contact since then.

        Same boat my friend
        Last edited by Frostbite 22; 02-01-2016, 10:22 AM. Reason: edit

        Comment


        • Got my interview date. Any Advice?
          Last edited by kna223; 02-03-2016, 11:58 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kna223 View Post
            Got my interview date. Any Advice?
            Congrats! Me too.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by kna223 View Post
              Got my interview date. Any Advice?
              Walk in the room with your sunglasses, pants sagging and a blue or red rag hanging out of your back pocket. Sit down, kick your feet up on the table, then say, " Say dawg, my name's Tyrone.. What ya'll b-tches look at?" Then give them the deuces. It works every time. Let us know how it goes.

              Comment


              • I got an interview and told possible poly the following day. Looks like this is the most aggressive hiring I have ever seen. I'm wondering if NCIS is hurting for agents?
                Last edited by CIDUSM1999; 02-09-2016, 11:00 AM. Reason: Needed to IM a member instead

                Comment


                • From what I have seen there is no rhyme or reason to the way to who they hire, it varies. If your not a current FED either LEO or admin, I'd say it's going to be rough getting in now. Current times. NCIS is bulking up after not having the ability to hire at all from years in the past. This is a very good time to get in.

                  Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Thanks Runner89

                    Originally posted by Runner89 View Post
                    From what I have seen there is no rhyme or reason to the way to who they hire, it varies. If your not a current FED either LEO or admin, I'd say it's going to be rough getting in now. Current times. NCIS is bulking up after not having the ability to hire at all from years in the past. This is a very good time to get in.

                    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                    Thanks Runner8 ! I believe I should be good, hopefully. I'm a current 6 year 1811, Batchelors, over 30% Vet preference and a recently adjudicated TS that NCIS says they'll use. Only thing is the poly, that I can figure will screw me. From the research in college and the many out there that tell there story suggest,regardless if someone's past is good or bad you can fail or pass. The poly to me is way to subjective for me to put any faith in. It's not as easy as saying "just tell the truth". It's bull smack to me when I have colleagues that passed and failed in different experiences and either lied and passed or told the truth and were found deceptive. Anyway off my soapbox!

                    So Runner89, what make you say they didn't have a lot of hiring in the past? If your correct with them "bulking up" just may be my saving grace.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CIDUSM1999 View Post
                      Thanks Runner8 ! I believe I should be good, hopefully. I'm a current 6 year 1811, Batchelors, over 30% Vet preference and a recently adjudicated TS that NCIS says they'll use. Only thing is the poly, that I can figure will screw me. From the research in college and the many out there that tell there story suggest,regardless if someone's past is good or bad you can fail or pass. The poly to me is way to subjective for me to put any faith in. It's not as easy as saying "just tell the truth". It's bull smack to me when I have colleagues that passed and failed in different experiences and either lied and passed or told the truth and were found deceptive. Anyway off my soapbox!

                      So Runner89, what make you say they didn't have a lot of hiring in the past? If your correct with them "bulking up" just may be my saving grace.
                      Then you are in a good place, but who knows, we've all seen stranger things happen..
                      In the past they did not hire for quite a few years till recent times. So they are trying to bring numbers up, as all agencies do. They just happen to be doing a lot of it now

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Run89 View Post
                        Then you are in a good place, but who knows, we've all seen stranger things happen..
                        In the past they did not hire for quite a few years till recent times. So they are trying to bring numbers up, as all agencies do. They just happen to be doing a lot of it now
                        Yea, I guess they are hiring quite a bit now. Thanks again.

                        Comment


                        • I interview this week and have to turn in my office preference sheet. Does anyone on here have any insight as to what offices one would rank lower than others?

                          Comment


                          • Don't know if lower rank would be the right term. But since San Diego, DC, And Chicago are some of the biggest field offices, sounds like there are always spots to fill there.

                            That said, I know a person that got hired in to Yuma Az.

                            I think you're overthinking the preference list. It really is just that. They want to know where you would like to go, to see if they can make it work. Not necessarily seeing if you're going to say you want to go to the less desirable locations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by AnotherApplicant View Post
                              Don't know if lower rank would be the right term. But since San Diego, DC, And Chicago are some of the biggest field offices, sounds like there are always spots to fill there.

                              That said, I know a person that got hired in to Yuma Az.

                              I think you're overthinking the preference list. It really is just that. They want to know where you would like to go, to see if they can make it work. Not necessarily seeing if you're going to say you want to go to the less desirable locations.
                              AnotherApplicant makes a good point. The Office Preference sheet is used, when possible, to try to align personal preferences with NCIS' needs. However, it is important to remember that the over-riding factor will always be the needs of NCIS. It is worth keeping in mind that with respect to new hires, NCIS' organizational needs are especially dynamic. This is due to a variety of factors, which are beyond the applicant's control. Thus, I would caution anyone from reading too much into apparent trends, trying to read the Tea leaves, or even going off of what someone in NCIS told them. While it can make for a lively discussion, it won't serve as a means of predicting vacancies, nor will it assure that anyone in particular will get a vacancy. On the other hand, I have seen these things cause disappointment and frustration. As noted above, I can also assure you that there is no premium to worrying about the perceived "ranking" of an office. The true premium is placed on the variety of locations. To that end, an applicant will be best served by listing as many offices as possible, to include a wide geographic spread (e.g. West Coast and East Coast). The standard advice is to list as many offices and locations as possible. It is important to bear in mind, NCIS is a world-wide organization, and this will only be the first of many moves over your career. I hope this is of use. Good luck to all!

                              Comment


                              • ...........
                                Last edited by hangman; 03-03-2016, 08:11 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 3465 users online. 185 members and 3280 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X