Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any rumors of upcoming announcements?

Comment

• Announcement is open. Who is applying?

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/424104300

Comment

• Originally posted by audio View Post
        Announcement is open. Who is applying?

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/424104300
        I am. I applied yesterday but recieved an email that they were closing the announcement due to an error and would open again today.

Comment

• Applied. The timeline for hiring in FY16 seemed pretty streamline. I wonder how many agents they are looking for...
          "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• Does anyone know how you progress on their pay scale? Do you get GS 9 at the year mark or is it after completion of the academy?
            BPA -
            Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
            TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• It seems to me that they are looking for prior LEO's based off of the questionnaire. I'm not current or former LEO, so we I will see how far I go. FBI and NCIS are my two dream agencies, so I'm hoping for the best.

Comment

• Applied...tossed my hat in the ring

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                  Does anyone know how you progress on their pay scale? Do you get GS 9 at the year mark or is it after completion of the academy?
                  Yes, you would become a 9 at your year mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronald_mcdonald View Post
                    It seems to me that they are looking for prior LEO's based off of the questionnaire. I'm not current or former LEO, so we I will see how far I go. FBI and NCIS are my two dream agencies, so I'm hoping for the best.
                    From what I gathered from the April 2015 announcement, they are looking for 1811's first, than Fed LEO's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tackle and Grapple View Post
                      From what I gathered from the April 2015 announcement, they are looking for 1811's first, than Fed LEO's.
                      I don't get it. If they're looking for 1811s (I'm not saying your wrong here; I just don't get the logic), why make it GS-7? IMO, if they don't want to hire entry-level applicants, they shouldn't hire at an entry-level pay grade.

Comment

• Where does it say they are looking for current 1811s or prior LEOs? The announcement says that current federal employees and Vets get preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by B33 View Post
                          Where does it say they are looking for current 1811s or prior LEOs? The announcement says that current federal employees and Vets get preference.

The prior poster indicated it was via the April announcement, they were specifically seeking qualified 1811's and federal LEO's.

This announcement is elaborated as "entry level", but the questionnaire appears tailored to only those with prior/current LE experience.
                          "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• Welp second go around for applying. First time was BQA'd. I am a current CBPO,no prior military. So I think its still a longshot to be BQ'd

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
                              I don't get it. If they're looking for 1811s (I'm not saying your wrong here; I just don't get the logic), why make it GS-7? IMO, if they don't want to hire entry-level applicants, they shouldn't hire at an entry-level pay grade.
                              Don't get the wrong idea. If you are qualified, they will consider you. However, completing a TOP SECRET SCI background and suitability check takes a while. They don't start this until after your interview, and poly. Being an 1811 and having already having a TOP SECRET SCI Clearance will greatly increase your chance of getting that offer before the September cutoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by B33 View Post
                                Where does it say they are looking for current 1811s or prior LEOs? The announcement says that current federal employees and Vets get preference.

Again, the hiring window is very small so although it doesn't specify, being a FLEO and 1811 will help out tremendously.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6440 users online. 346 members and 6094 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X