Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear out your PM box. You don't have room.
    Originally posted by nathankim View Post
    Just received an email similar to the email AnotherApplicant received...

Comment

• Has anyone heard about another announcement for NCIS?

Comment

• Ok I cleared PM box.

Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
        Clear out your PM box. You don't have room.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
          Me too. In my opinion we would already gotten the BQA by now.
          Ditto.

Comment

• Originally posted by anotherapplicant View Post
            yeah was wondering how one secures housing in a new location for anywhere between 4 and 10 months with only a few weeks notice. Many of us will probably be living out of a hotel for the first few weeks.
            motorhome..... :d

Comment

• I know right.
              OUT!!

Comment

• Any solid news to report about projected hiring for this agency??

Comment

• Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting, but I have been reading every post for months. I wanted to give everyone an update on my application process in case someone may be interested. I really appreciate all the posts you all have made over the past 7 months, and I thought I would pay it forward. I was one of the 4,500 applicants that applied to the April 2015 announcement with high hopes of receiving a job offer by September. This was my first time applying and the only application I had out there. I am currently a 33 year old, 6 year, 1801 Deportation Officer with ICE, in Orange County California, and am a GS-12 Step-1 with 25% AUO. The hiring process moved very fast for me, but in the end I did not make the cut. Here is a rundown of my process:
                  4/28/2015
                  • Applied for NCIC Vacancy ID Number: NW51811-07-13920634I099769
                  5/21/2015
                  • Received Conditional offer
                  • Submitted “Request for Biographical Information” and “Authorization for Release” forms
                  6/2/2015
                  • Received email with Panel interview date of 6/8/2015 at 0800 in San Diego
                  6/8/2015
                  • Passed 30min Writing Sample, and Panel Interview
                  6/9/2015
                  • Received call from Polygraph
                  6/12/2015
                  • Passed Full-Scope Polygraph
                  7/2/2015
                  • Suitability backgound started. Myself, friends, and co-workers were all interviewed over a month period.
                  7/9/2015
                  • Completed drug test urinalysis.
                  • Medical Scheduled for July 15th.
                  7/15/2015
                  • Completed Part 1 of Medical at Camp Pendleton Medical Hospital
                  7/22/2015
                  • Completed Part 2 of Medical at Camp Pendleton Medical Hospital
                  8/5/2015
                  • Status changed from “Referred” to “Selected” on USAJobs
                  9/8/2015
                  • Received a new email stating, "We have initiated your background suitability investigation. Once complete, your application package will be presented to a hiring board for review. If recommended by the hiring board, your name will go into a hiring pool utilized to fill future Special Agent positions. You will receive an official letter advising you were recommended for hire or no longer being considered."
                  10/19/2015
                  • Received an email stating: "A careful examination of your application package for employment as a Special Agent with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service has been completed. Regrettably, I must inform you that you will not be considered for further processing."

Overall, the process was stressful and positive. I was willing to take a $46,632.50 pay cut in the beginning, move my wife and three kids anywhere in the world, and leave both of our families for what I thought might be a better opportunity. The email today was a little depressing, but I think things happen for a reason and that maybe I will be better off working and living in South Orange County, near all of our family members. For all of you still in the process, good luck! if any of you have any questions, please feel free and ask. My PM box is empty

Comment

• I don't know how you did the username, but your inbox is not working . Just a heads up Tackle

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                      I don't know how you did the username, but your inbox is not working . Just a heads up Tackle
                      My inbox should be working now... Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tackle & Grapple View Post
                        My inbox should be working now... Thanks!
                        Nope, still doesn't work. The & is confusing the inbox. It says there's an error with the recipient's name. Try to PM me instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                          Nope, still doesn't work. The & is confusing the inbox. It says there's an error with the recipient's name. Try to PM me instead.
                          It's fixed now

Comment

• well, just went from Non-Traditional REFERRED in April and absolutely nothing to Not Selected - Not Contacted today...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tackle and Grapple View Post
                              Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting, but I have been reading every post for months. I wanted to give everyone an update on my application process in case someone may be interested. I really appreciate all the posts you all have made over the past 7 months, and I thought I would pay it forward. I was one of the 4,500 applicants that applied to the April 2015 announcement with high hopes of receiving a job offer by September. This was my first time applying and the only application I had out there. I am currently a 33 year old, 6 year, 1801 Deportation Officer with ICE, in Orange County California, and am a GS-12 Step-1 with 25% AUO. The hiring process moved very fast for me, but in the end I did not make the cut. Here is a rundown of my process:
                              4/28/2015
                              • Applied for NCIC Vacancy ID Number: NW51811-07-13920634I099769
                              5/21/2015
                              • Received Conditional offer
                              • Submitted “Request for Biographical Information” and “Authorization for Release” forms
                              6/2/2015
                              • Received email with Panel interview date of 6/8/2015 at 0800 in San Diego
                              6/8/2015
                              • Passed 30min Writing Sample, and Panel Interview
                              6/9/2015
                              • Received call from Polygraph
                              6/12/2015
                              • Passed Full-Scope Polygraph
                              7/2/2015
                              • Suitability backgound started. Myself, friends, and co-workers were all interviewed over a month period.
                              7/9/2015
                              • Completed drug test urinalysis.
                              • Medical Scheduled for July 15th.
                              7/15/2015
                              • Completed Part 1 of Medical at Camp Pendleton Medical Hospital
                              7/22/2015
                              • Completed Part 2 of Medical at Camp Pendleton Medical Hospital
                              8/5/2015
                              • Status changed from “Referred” to “Selected” on USAJobs
                              9/8/2015
                              • Received a new email stating, "We have initiated your background suitability investigation. Once complete, your application package will be presented to a hiring board for review. If recommended by the hiring board, your name will go into a hiring pool utilized to fill future Special Agent positions. You will receive an official letter advising you were recommended for hire or no longer being considered."
                              10/19/2015
                              • Received an email stating: "A careful examination of your application package for employment as a Special Agent with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service has been completed. Regrettably, I must inform you that you will not be considered for further processing."

Overall, the process was stressful and positive. I was willing to take a $46,632.50 pay cut in the beginning, move my wife and three kids anywhere in the world, and leave both of our families for what I thought might be a better opportunity. The email today was a little depressing, but I think things happen for a reason and that maybe I will be better off working and living in South Orange County, near all of our family members. For all of you still in the process, good luck! if any of you have any questions, please feel free and ask. My PM box is empty
                              I feel for ya, I've been down that exact same road several times. The first time I had my home on the market and packed when the "A careful examination of your application package for employment as a Special Agent with the XXXXX has been completed. Regrettably, I must inform you that you will not be considered for further processing."
                              There I was, a current Fed with 12 years LEO exp, feeling like a total sh#$^%ag looser... but I have learned that there are others out there that have failed the Agency once they passed me over and good things are yet to come Same for you my brother .. stay at it

Comment

• Change In Status

There is still hope out there gents. I received an NCIS correspondence today that stated that I have been moved to the hiring pool. It looks like they will only keep applicants in this status for one year, so I don't know if this change in status is a hail Mary or not.

Has anyone heard any rumors about NCIS picking up additional applicants in 2016 fiscal year?

Army Veteran
                                BA Criminology
                                Masters Criminal Justice
                                7 Years Federal Law Enforcement, with criminal investigations experience "non-1811".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12303 users online. 232 members and 12071 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X