300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCIS Qusetions

I just applied to the real NCIS. I just waned to know some things about the hiring process. I got a reply to my post and it said that someone here was an NCIS agent. I ust want to know things like what kind things are on the written test and the Physical agility or ability what ever they call it here. Also is ther a certain body fat % that candidates need to be at? I'm in shape but my BMI is 32%. I can loose a lot very fast. But im worried about them saying you need to be something crazy like 10 or 15. So if who ever has any knowledge about the stuff they look for. I have a BA in Criminal Justice. So just any inside knowledge would be great. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by koolaid_002 View Post
      I just applied to the real NCIS. I just waned to know some things about the hiring process. I got a reply to my post and it said that someone here was an NCIS agent. I ust want to know things like what kind things are on the written test and the Physical agility or ability what ever they call it here. Also is ther a certain body fat % that candidates need to be at? I'm in shape but my BMI is 32%. I can loose a lot very fast. But im worried about them saying you need to be something crazy like 10 or 15. So if who ever has any knowledge about the stuff they look for. I have a BA in Criminal Justice. So just any inside knowledge would be great. Thanks
      Koolaid, with all due respect, there is no special need to repeat answers already given just for you. Read the content in this thread, it answers everything you've asked (if something isn't addressed, read what's alread available, and THEN ask a new question). It's unfair to others who are serious about this job and have done their homework to hijack a thread with questions already answered, many very recently.
      Last edited by Kimble; 01-18-2010, 11:18 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• This thread has gone quiet...any new news, especially from those that applied under the recent announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by theiceman2010 View Post
          This thread has gone quiet...any new news, especially from those that applied under the recent announcement?
          No news and probably won't be anything until the announcement closes.

Comment

• Just another happy camper!

Comment

• What made you choose NCIS over ATF?

Comment

• Originally posted by thermal View Post
                What made you choose NCIS over ATF?
                NCIS offered first. Never turn down a final offer for a maybe with another agency. Just my $.02
                Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
                  NCIS offered first. Never turn down a final offer for a maybe with another agency. Just my $.02
                  Your two cents are priceless!

Comment

• The job posting finally closed. Now those of us that just applied can wait for the wait to begin, hahaha.

Comment

• The status on my Quickhire has changed. It says I didn't meet basic eligibility requirements which is weird since I have a master's, almost have my Ph.D., and I'm a current FLEO.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                        The status on my Quickhire has changed. It says I didn't meet basic eligibility requirements which is weird since I have a master's, almost have my Ph.D., and I'm a current FLEO.
                        Same thing happened to me on the last announcement which has made me give up all hope on them. It's amazing that something such as basic qualifications are not reviewed more carefully.

Comment

• What's so amazing about it? They get thousands (sometimes 10s of thousands) of applications. You think a person looks at them? It's a computer program. If something doesn't jive, you follow-up.

Comment

• I applied in 2008 and was referred to the FO, but the announcement was canceled. I've been applying ever since and won't give up. The phone number listed is a voicemail that is full. I'm going to keep trying to reach someone because that status doesn't make much sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811orBust View Post
                              What's so amazing about it? They get thousands (sometimes 10s of thousands) of applications. You think a person looks at them? It's a computer program. If something doesn't jive, you follow-up.
                              I did follow up last time and little was done. Not a big deal just frustrating. I know they are one of the better agencies to work for which made me apply one more time. I'm just not holding my breath since everything is computer analyzed initially. We shall see what happens.

Comment

• Mine says "Eligible, not referred."

Moving on now....
                                Big Brother is watching

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9192 users online. 517 members and 8675 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X