Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new NCIS news???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
    Was your location a Field Office or a small office within the Field Office?
    I got a resident agency office. So a smaller field office.

    Comment


    • Anyone moving from the East Coast to the west coast?

      Comment


      • If they want to give us the courtesy of giving our current employers two weeks notice, this is the week we'd have to be getting the call.

        I don't even know if I'm allowed to quit with three days notice in my current fed gig, with having a clearance and all I know I have to be debriefed, Return my GOV, and exit interviews, etc.
        Last edited by AnotherApplicant; 08-31-2015, 10:59 AM.

        Comment


        • Duplicate post

          Comment


          • I wouldn't stress over it, if not now in the coming months for the new fy..

            And you can quit whenever you want, 2 weeks is a courtesy. It may not look good, but you control your career not someone else

            Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • I know that is true in most jobs.

              I have a bunch of govt gear at home I'd have to turn in (car, printers, computers, cell phone, etc). Not to mention I'm required to be debriefed when my employment terminates since I hold a TS. I may not need two weeks, but I don't think I could give two days notice.

              Comment


              • Another guy I worked with left for another 1811 position recently. Gave them a week, it was fine, he had no choice in the matter.

                Don't stress bro your time will come

                Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • Originally posted by AnotherApplicant View Post
                  If they want to give us the courtesy of giving our current employers two weeks notice, this is the week we'd have to be getting the call.

                  I don't even know if I'm allowed to quit with three days notice in my current fed gig, with having a clearance and all I know I have to be debriefed, Return my GOV, and exit interviews, etc.
                  Not to mention the other things to think about like finding a new place to live for an indeterminate amount of time until CITP and the moving logistics.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Krzyshng View Post
                    Not to mention the other things to think about like finding a new place to live for an indeterminate amount of time until CITP and the moving logistics.
                    I'm having that problem now. No one wants to rent to me for "maybe 6 months, maybe 9 months"

                    Comment


                    • Yeah was wondering how one secures housing in a new location for anywhere between 4 and 10 months with only a few weeks notice. Many of us will probably be living out of a hotel for the first few weeks.

                      Comment


                      • Best thing for us to do is connect. I'm ok with a hotel with someone else. You gotta do what you gotta do.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Oaf_FED View Post
                          I'm having that problem now. No one wants to rent to me for "maybe 6 months, maybe 9 months"
                          Yep, same here, and those that are willing to entertain the idea want to meet you first. I understand why but it's proving to be a more difficult transition than I originally envisioned.
                          Last edited by Krzyshng; 04-30-2016, 11:56 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Turn on your messages krzyshng

                            Comment


                            • I brought up the two weeks notice thing a while ago because I don't want to leave on bad terms if I get the call.

                              What's the latest report for duty dates that any one recalls. One applicant said late September. Any dated later in the year.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by federal30 View Post
                                I brought up the two weeks notice thing a while ago because I don't want to leave on bad terms if I get the call.

                                What's the latest report for duty dates that any one recalls. One applicant said late September. Any dated later in the year.
                                The May announcement specified they were hiring before the end of the fiscal year. Sept 21st, which is the date we're at now is the last pay period before the new fiscal year.

                                I'd imagine if they continue to hire next year they'll wait for the CITP slots to catch up to the new hires instead of bringing them on in advance.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 17595 users online. 457 members and 17138 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X