300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
    Does anyone know is it normal to get contacted for drug test before medical exam or it doesn't matter the order its in?
    If that's NOT normal than its no big deal. It happened to me and I'm certain it happened to others..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
      Does anyone know is it normal to get contacted for drug test before medical exam or it doesn't matter the order its in?
      I did mine before the med, so yes

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• I also did my drug test before the medical. After leaving the polygraph test to head home I got the call.

Comment

• And I have my medi in a week, but have not yet been scheduled for drug. I'm assuming I'm knocking both parts of medi out in one day as my mail said I had "part 1" scheduled for 7am and "doctors" scheduled for 10am. Is there another part im missing to satisfy medi reqs?

Comment

• Nope. 2 parts.

Comment

• Correct, the order of the steps does not matter. It all depends on how quickly they can get you into each facility. You're using Navy docs, or contract facilities, so they are already booked with real patients. If it's anything like my process, there was a lot back and forth with the agent scheduling my stuff, between calling the place to get a date, then calling me to see if I could make it, then calling them back to confirm, and usually a call from the facility to me to confirm I'm still coming (all usually within 48 hours).

I think other than the poly (which closely follows the panel), and the BI (which usually starts shortly after you pass the poly), the rest of the steps get done when they can squeeze them in.

Comment

• Maybe tomorrow will bring more good news!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by federal30 View Post
                  Maybe tomorrow will bring more good news!!!
                  I'm banking on Thursday. It seems the past couple guys who got calls received them on Thursdays, but hey, I'll take some good news to start off the work week.

Comment

• Has anybody heard of anything or know someone who got the call as of this week?

Comment

• My bet is it will be pretty quiet around here until mid to late August as they are wrapping up the May/June applicants hiring packets. Then they will have packets on all qualified applicants and extend offers as appropriate to get people in before the end of Fiscal Year. Also seems odd to me that the only people that have gotten the call are first time posters when they say that. Not that that couldn't be true, but I'd take it more seriously if it was one of the active forum members that shared the good news.

Comment

• I dont think thats the case. The agency is hiring applicants. The people who are getting the call are not sure if they should post it on this page. I dont think its a big deal because there are plenty of agents on linkedin. However, better safe than sorry I guess.

Comment

• If I get the call I plan to share it with you guys unless some1 says not to. I highly doubt thats going to be the case. I hope they call me soon!!

Comment

• Alright fellas, sorry for the delay. I was in the middle of a road trip from VA to AR and didn't want to post this knowing I'd probably get blown up with PM's. I'm not going into great detail, but wanted to share the updates. I received the call Friday afternoon and received the duty location that was first on my preference list. They were flexible with my start date, but stated I MUST report to the Field Office prior to Sept 7th with a FLETC date of January/March. For my background, I served 5 years as an active duty Military Police Officer in the Marine Corps. I have held several TS Clearances, am a current Federal Employee (non-1811), and am finishing up my Master's Degree in Homeland Security in a few weeks. For all of those who wonder why people who get the call don't post is because they don't really tell you what you can and cannot say so you start to wonder why others have been so distant. However, others have been a HUGE help to me during the process so it is time to pay it forward. Here is my timeline; feel free to PM me with questions, but know I may not answer them if I do not feel comfortable. A little advice for those starting out in the process: Do NOT try to figure out the process. You will fail every time. All the speculating and hearsay just puts people in panic mode (myself included). NCIS if WAY faster than other agencies in regards to their hiring speed so just sit back and enjoy the ride.

3/19/15 - Applied USA jobs
                            4/8/15- referral email
                            4/10/15- email with COE & release forms
                            4/14/15- email scheduling interview
                            4/15/15- completed equip
                            4/21/15- email saying equip was submitted to HR
                            4/23/15 - interview
                            4/24/15- poly
                            5/8/15- email informing me drug test kit was mailed to clinic
                            5/12/15- drug test complete
                            5/27/15- medical
                            6/9/15- BI complete / package sent to HR
                            6/25/15- Status changed to "selected" on USA Jobs
                            7/20/15 - Received email inquiring if I was still interested. If I was, response was needed within 24 hrs. and stated my name would be then sent to the final hiring board.
                            7/24/15- the call

Comment

• So awesome!! Congrats to you buddy. Hopefully I'll see you at the academy. And that confirms what I heard about no September class and that they are bringing people on board months ahead of a FLETC date just to get them in before end of fiscal year.

Comment

• DGM, just sent you a PM...I am also out of the DC/VA area

Originally posted by d-g-m View Post
                                Alright fellas, sorry for the delay. I was in the middle of a road trip from VA to AR and didn't want to post this knowing I'd probably get blown up with PM's. I'm not going into great detail, but wanted to share the updates. I received the call Friday afternoon and received the duty location that was first on my preference list. They were flexible with my start date, but stated I MUST report to the Field Office prior to Sept 7th with a FLETC date of January/March. For my background, I served 5 years as an active duty Military Police Officer in the Marine Corps. I have held several TS Clearances, am a current Federal Employee (non-1811), and am finishing up my Master's Degree in Homeland Security in a few weeks. For all of those who wonder why people who get the call don't post is because they don't really tell you what you can and cannot say so you start to wonder why others have been so distant. However, others have been a HUGE help to me during the process so it is time to pay it forward. Here is my timeline; feel free to PM me with questions, but know I may not answer them if I do not feel comfortable. A little advice for those starting out in the process: Do NOT try to figure out the process. You will fail every time. All the speculating and hearsay just puts people in panic mode (myself included). NCIS if WAY faster than other agencies in regards to their hiring speed so just sit back and enjoy the ride.

3/19/15 - Applied USA jobs
                                4/8/15- referral email
                                4/10/15- email with COE & release forms
                                4/14/15- email scheduling interview
                                4/15/15- completed equip
                                4/21/15- email saying equip was submitted to HR
                                4/23/15 - interview
                                4/24/15- poly
                                5/8/15- email informing me drug test kit was mailed to clinic
                                5/12/15- drug test complete
                                5/27/15- medical
                                6/9/15- BI complete / package sent to HR
                                6/25/15- Status changed to "selected" on USA Jobs
                                7/20/15 - Received email inquiring if I was still interested. If I was, response was needed within 24 hrs. and stated my name would be then sent to the final hiring board.
                                7/24/15- the call

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10891 users online. 377 members and 10514 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X