Clear All

• My bad, they are on.

Comment

• I sent you an email..
      Originally posted by J-M-for-181102 View Post
      My bad, they are on.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-M-for-181102 View Post
        I have been reading officer.com for quite some time now; however, this is my first post. I applied in March and received "the call" last week. There was a dead period of about a month for me, where I didn't really hear anything. Interview and poly were in April and BI started in May/June. I know there have been all kinds of rumors on here about class dates, but it is my understanding that agents are going to their field offices until they come up with some future FLETC dates. So don't worry about rumors of the class dates, just keep patiently waiting for the call.

For those wondering: I am a current fed employee, BA in CJ and 1 year in my Master's in Homeland Security.
        Congrats man, they just wrapped up my BI, hopefully im among the res to get the call. Any word if there would be 2 classes instaed of just that september class?

Any other info is appreciated, congrats again!

Comment

• Jerz..I've been keeping up with you and dgm on here because I noticed we all had the same exact timeline. All of our statuses were changed to selected at the same time, and it seems we went through the process near the same time. No word on class dates yet. I think a lot of people were confused with the September dates. The deadline to hire agents is the end of the FY, which is September. This wasn't meaning that they were going to have a class in September. They are still able to hire agents and send them to their field offices before FLETC.

Comment

• Has anyone that applied in march that received the selected status been DQ'ed. Also for those that have been DQ'ed in the past was it by email or us mail

Comment

• Originally posted by J-M-for-181102 View Post
              Jerz..I've been keeping up with you and dgm on here because I noticed we all had the same exact timeline. All of our statuses were changed to selected at the same time, and it seems we went through the process near the same time. No word on class dates yet. I think a lot of people were confused with the September dates. The deadline to hire agents is the end of the FY, which is September. This wasn't meaning that they were going to have a class in September. They are still able to hire agents and send them to their field offices before FLETC.
              Awesome man. Ya we'll see what happens, I wonder how long of a waiting period it will be. They wrapped up my BI last week so, hopefully it goes fast! (Wishful thinking)

Comment

• Originally posted by federal30 View Post
                Has anyone that applied in march that received the selected status been DQ'ed. Also for those that have been DQ'ed in the past was it by email or us mail
                I got an email saying I wasnt selected.. but I called the field office and they indeed said I was still in the running and something messed up at HR.. I called HR they were to out it frankly, not a help. Call your FO contacts, they'll give you better answers

Comment

• Got called for medical today.

Comment

• I know I'm putting the cart in front of the horse, but do you guys know when they tell you where your duty station will be? I.E. With the job offer or after the completion of the academy

Comment

• When you get The Callâ„¢.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
                        When you get The Callâ„¢.
                        You got it?

Congrats, spill the deets! Lol

Comment

• I didn't accept though. Change in circumstances didn't allow me to accept. But they called with offer and location. NCIS has a very quick process and they are trying to hire on by Sept 30th cuz they have money now. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
                            I didn't accept though. Change in circumstances didn't allow me to accept. But they called with offer and location. NCIS has a very quick process and they are trying to hire on by Sept 30th cuz they have money now. Good luck.

Let me ask, did they offer you one of the bigger central offices? Or something else? Just curious

Comment

• It was one of main offices.

Comment

• I forwarded my resume to an NCIS agent I met and he sent it up to HQ and this is the response I got.

"I sent ******'s resume to one of my contacts at HQ and was informed that although their job experience is really good, it is tough for anyone to get through without Veterans' Preference. A suggestion is to go for an 1801 and/or 1810 position to at least get on board with us and then try after the veterans' preference is dropped as a requirement."

So there's that. But what I don't understand is if they are so hard up for agents, why aren't they hiring more people with good experience who don't have VP? And also, I am sure there are some people who have made it through since March who don't have VP.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12306 users online. 232 members and 12074 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X