300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by federal30 View Post
    I must of missed the original OPM issue. Who is going to be affected?

Anyone in here still standing from the March announcement that's done with everything? I've been done for almost a month now. Got the "selected" status change too.

Just curious if anyone knows when this group should expect to hear something if they have heard from a credible source.

Any July or August classes? I heard there is suppose to be one in September but o thought this class was coming from the post after the March post.
    Right there with ya brother. I'm a March applicant done with everything. I missed the whole OPM issue as well. I also got the selected status in USA jobs but haven't heard anything. As far as I know there is a Sept class. Sorry I'm not much of a help, but figured I'd let you know I'm in your same boat. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Oh ok. I was curious. Hoping for that call!!!

Comment

• Sorry, thought it was already out there...

The breach affected at least 14 million current and former federal applicants.

The OPM breach of e-Quip a few weeks ago forced them to shut down the site, so the agencies couldn't access the data either. That meant agencies could only process those SF86's that OPM had processed and released to the requesting agency. This basically "froze" the background investigation for EVERYONE not already in the BI phase.

Initially OPM said they were shutting the site down for 6-weeks, but in the end, who knows when it will open up.

Comment

• looked in the mail box today. No letter. They say no news is good news but dang!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by federal30 View Post
            looked in the mail box today. No letter. They say no news is good news but dang!!!!
            I think everything comes via email from here on out, but yeah I hear you for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm sure those that are finished with everything will not hear anything till late August.. if that.

Hang in there fellas, just a matter of time.

Comment

• Can someone who applied in May post the timeline that was provided in the announcement? It appears we're all falling under the same timeline now, but the March announcement didn't include one. I'm trying to see the dates they provided for final offers to go out. Sometime in August, but would like to know beginning, middle, or end.. Thanks.

Comment

• Announcement said final offers would be extended around August 22 with a September 21 start.

Comment

• Originally posted by audio View Post
                    Announcement said final offers would be extended around August 22 with a September 21 start.
                    I would not pay too close of attention to those dates, there are most likely lots of cleared applicants from multiple vacancies that could get slid into the next class, it's my understanding that they are maintaining a list for hire from all of the recent vacancies. If you don't make those dates future ones might be an option as well.

Comment

• Has anyone that was just referred only without any coe from the May announcement heard anything or still remaining hopefull aside from myself? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
                        Has anyone that was just referred only without any coe from the May announcement heard anything or still remaining hopefull aside from myself? LOL
                        May applicant and first time poster here. I sent an email last week to the address on the announcement inquiring about the status of my application and was told that the hiring officials were still going through them. They have no estimated timeline of when they'll be finished. I guess we just continue to sit and wait.

Psychfed08

Comment

• In all honesty you're not going to get anything from them, just a general reply. They do not know what is going on until they get solid conformation from NCIS HR in VA on who was selected or not selected. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by psychfed08 View Post
                          May applicant and first time poster here. I sent an email last week to the address on the announcement inquiring about the status of my application and was told that the hiring officials were still going through them. They have no estimated timeline of when they'll be finished. I guess we just continue to sit and wait.

Psychfed08

Comment

• I have been reading officer.com for quite some time now; however, this is my first post. I applied in March and received "the call" last week. There was a dead period of about a month for me, where I didn't really hear anything. Interview and poly were in April and BI started in May/June. I know there have been all kinds of rumors on here about class dates, but it is my understanding that agents are going to their field offices until they come up with some future FLETC dates. So don't worry about rumors of the class dates, just keep patiently waiting for the call.

For those wondering: I am a current fed employee, BA in CJ and 1 year in my Master's in Homeland Security.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
                              In all honesty you're not going to get anything from them, just a general reply. They do not know what is going on until they get solid conformation from NCIS HR in VA on who was selected or not selected. Hope this helps.
                              Thanks, but I already know not to hold my breath for anything until it comes from HR. I'm a current FED LEO with seven years in, so I've been through the process enough times to know. At least they responded, even if it was a generic reply.
                              Last edited by psychfed08; 07-13-2015, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Hey man, turn your PM's on please. I'm a March applicant with a timeline like yours. I'd like to ask a few questions.. Thanks!

Originally posted by J-M-for-181102 View Post
                                I have been reading officer.com for quite some time now; however, this is my first post. I applied in March and received "the call" last week. There was a dead period of about a month for me, where I didn't really hear anything. Interview and poly were in April and BI started in May/June. I know there have been all kinds of rumors on here about class dates, but it is my understanding that agents are going to their field offices until they come up with some future FLETC dates. So don't worry about rumors of the class dates, just keep patiently waiting for the call.

For those wondering: I am a current fed employee, BA in CJ and 1 year in my Master's in Homeland Security.
                                Last edited by d-g-m; 07-13-2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7408 users online. 395 members and 7013 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X