300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
    Ok.. Would you all say that with regard to any April/May applicants who only received a referral letter but no COE or anything else for that matter that the crickets are cherping and there is really no hope for any other for movement in this process? I've been holding out hope but am starting to think that I am in a bit of denial. Thoughts?
    Not to be a downer, but my hunch would be that the process is over for ya. A referral just means the OPM HR people found you to be qualified enough to send your info to NCIS HR. Once there NCIS decides amongst all the referrals, whom they want to extend COEs to and interview.

As a May applicant I know that at least 40 other people got panel interviews as that is how many were cc'd on the eqip email that went out right before panels.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnotherApplicant View Post
      Not to be a downer, but my hunch would be that the process is over for ya. A referral just means the OPM HR people found you to be qualified enough to send your info to NCIS HR. Once there NCIS decides amongst all the referrals, whom they want to extend COEs to and interview.

As a May applicant I know that at least 40 other people got panel interviews as that is how many were cc'd on the eqip email that went out right before panels.
      This makes perfect sense and I agree. I'm a May applicant that was referred but nothing else. I assumed, the minute I heard others had gotten interviews, that I was not going any further.

Comment

• It may be just a matter of time until you get the "not selected" email subsequent to the referral... Sorry.
        I got my thanks but no thanks email from my referral in (March I believe?) last week.

Comment

• Has anybody that got the "selected" status heard anything, or talked to anyone who can confirm what exactly "selected" meant.

Comment

• Thanks.. Just needed to hear it from someone other than my own mind.. Called HQ a few weeks ago about my ap.. They said they would check into it and get back to me.. Never happened.. I left a message and the same, I'm probably on a "that guy" list.. lol

Originally posted by AnotherApplicant View Post

Comment

• And im sure not everyone passed the panel as well. I have a buddy from March app that got slected for a panel and he did not pass.

Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
              Thanks.. Just needed to hear it from someone other than my own mind.. Called HQ a few weeks ago about my ap.. They said they would check into it and get back to me.. Never happened.. I left a message and the same, I'm probably on a "that guy" list.. lol

Comment

• They could be backlogged also. I was a March Applicant and I just finished my Medical today so that was my last step now its just waiting time. BUT when I was going through the process I did not even do my Panel Interview until a number of March applicants had already done their interview and Polygraph 2 weeks prior. I also saw that an April Applicant was doing his Medical a few days after I had mine scheduled so their does not appear to be a rhyme or reason to the method. That being said I wouldn't lose all hope until you get an answer.....but I also wouldn't put my life on hold for it either.....just my two cents.

Comment

• I received my COE back May and submitted my BI request and Authorization Release forum but that was the last I heard from anyone. Anyone have any insight?

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC03xx View Post
                    I received my COE back May and submitted my BI request and Authorization Release forum but that was the last I heard from anyone. Anyone have any insight?
                    Same boat as you. Would love to hear any opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by grantpmonroe View Post
                      Same boat as you. Would love to hear any opinions.
                      Again not to be a downer, but I don't see how September academy could be a reality for those that haven't had their panel yet.

With OPM shutting down the eqip system for four to six weeks (if not longer), I don't know how they would have you do the eqip for the BI portion? Maybe there is a work around?

Comment

Again not to be a downer, but I don't see how September academy could be a reality for those that haven't had their panel yet.

With OPM shutting down the eqip system for four to six weeks (if not longer), I don't know how they would have you do the eqip for the BI portion? Maybe there is a work around?
                        I already have an active DOD TS/SCI with a poly so hopefully the eQIP shutdown would not be an issue. But I do agree that September may indeed be a pipe dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by grantpmonroe View Post
                          I already have an active DOD TS/SCI with a poly so hopefully the eQIP shutdown would not be an issue. But I do agree that September may indeed be a pipe dream.
                          I also hold a TS, but they still have you go through eqip and fill out the SF86. You bring this to your panel and they also utilize it during your poly and the BI for suitability (regardless of current clearance).

Theoretically they could do non eqip SF86s but I doubt they'd go through the pain with all the applicants that have already filled it out.

Who knows though. I could eat these words.

Comment

I also hold a TS, but they still have you go through eqip and fill out the SF86. You bring this to your panel and they also utilize it during your poly and the BI for suitability (regardless of current clearance).

Theoretically they could do non eqip SF86s but I doubt they'd go through the pain with all the applicants that have already filled it out.

Who knows though. I could eat these words.
                            As much as I would like you to eat those words, I believe you are more right than wrong. There is always next time. I just wish they would have provided some clarification on the COE.

Comment

• I can tell you from experience that if they were to come up with a work around, it would probably be implemented the day before equip came back online. ANNNNND, the tech glitches would prevent anyone from logging in for the first month!

And having a TS with current poly doesn't help unless it was issued from NCIS, coming from someone with all the above, and asked the examiner during the poly. Also of note, is the fact the my 5-year recheck was less than 4 months old. I didn't even need to update my SF86 it was so recent. NCIS still did a top to bottom VERY thorough BI.

Latest word, and I'll apologize if it was already stated, was that the SF86's that were already sent to the agency by OPM are unaffected. For those other brothers and sisters not to that point yet are SOL until OPM opens it back up.

Speaking of OPM, now it's time for me to go sign up for my free credit monitoring.
                              Last edited by IrishMedic; 07-01-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• I must of missed the original OPM issue. Who is going to be affected?

Anyone in here still standing from the March announcement that's done with everything? I've been done for almost a month now. Got the "selected" status change too.

Just curious if anyone knows when this group should expect to hear something if they have heard from a credible source.

Any July or August classes? I heard there is suppose to be one in September but o thought this class was coming from the post after the March post.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5037 users online. 234 members and 4803 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X