300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d-g-m View Post
    March/ April / even May applicants: doesn't it seem weird to keep putting announcements out when there is supposedly only one class lined up before FY end? I've never seen this many announcements come out so close together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    20 years in the military, especially my field, has taught me to stop trying to figure out the actions undertaken by US Government entities, and simply try to take advantage and make the best of the fall out. It would be naive on my part to think with all of our collective tidbits, we can come close to actually seeing the big picture. I am simply waiting for the fall out and survivors.

Comment

• I think they are running multiple classes. The number I believe I heard is 120 agents will be hired. They have the money and its a use it or loose it scenario.

An agent that use to work for my agency sent an email letting interested candidates know about the last announcement prior to it being posted. He said those who apply should expect a hiring date in September.

I applied to the March vacancy and I'm done. Has anyone heard anything about that announcement.

Im almost certain that a class started about three weeks ago. I saw it on a forum and then called a supervisor with the agency who confirmed the class was going to start.

I hate to keep bugging the one person I have a connection with, but the more I read these post I want to reach out again!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by federal30 View Post
        I think they are running multiple classes. The number I believe I heard is 120 agents will be hired. They have the money and its a use it or loose it scenario.

An agent that use to work for my agency sent an email letting interested candidates know about the last announcement prior to it being posted. He said those who apply should expect a hiring date in September.

I applied to the March vacancy and I'm done. Has anyone heard anything about that announcement.

Im almost certain that a class started about three weeks ago. I saw it on a forum and then called a supervisor with the agency who confirmed the class was going to start.

I hate to keep bugging the one person I have a connection with, but the more I read these post I want to reach out again!!!
        I'm a March applicant as well and I also have completed everything. The June class is kicking off this upcoming Monday, June 22nd. I haven't heard any news other than there is a class in late Sept. I also heard they were hiring approx. 120 agents, but that's taking into account every announcement that has been put out since January. As far as I know there were suppose to be two June classes, but one was canceled due to HR not having enough applicants to fill it. That sounds bizarre to me given how many applicants have applied, but who knows. What I would like to hear is that the June class which was canceled was rescheduled for July or August, but I haven't heard anything like that..

Comment

• I would like to hear the same. Anyone on here current Leo's?

Comment

• What if we are looking at it the wrong way?

What if they indeed need 100+, but are now building the roster then scheduling them a class as opposed to scheduling a class and trying to fill it? That may explain the waits etc... until they can get firm seats for the roster.

I love speculation.

Comment

• how many of you have been referred, with the letter: "We have completed the review of your application for this position. Your application has been forwarded to the hiring manager for
              selection consideration. You will be notified of the final outcome of this vacancy." then heard nothing at all after?? This is the 4th posting since December and I have received this on all of them...

Comment

• June class was not canceled.
                Originally posted by d-g-m View Post
                I'm a March applicant as well and I also have completed everything. The June class is kicking off this upcoming Monday, June 22nd. I haven't heard any news other than there is a class in late Sept. I also heard they were hiring approx. 120 agents, but that's taking into account every announcement that has been put out since January. As far as I know there were suppose to be two June classes, but one was canceled due to HR not having enough applicants to fill it. That sounds bizarre to me given how many applicants have applied, but who knows. What I would like to hear is that the June class which was canceled was rescheduled for July or August, but I haven't heard anything like that..

Comment

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
                  June class was not canceled.
                  The first one was. There was suppose to be two; one in the beginning and one June 22nd (which is still up and running). Unless I am wrong about the two June classes, which I wouldn't doubt at all...

Comment

• The June class that was suppose to start in the beginning of the month not being canceled makes sense.

I got the information that the class was starting from a supervisor who confirmed it with someone else at the agency.

Comment

• Anybody know the approximate amount of agents they run through a class.

Comment

• Originally posted by federal30 View Post
                        Anybody know the approximate amount of agents they run through a class.
                        24 or 48. The class staring Monday has 24.

Comment

• I've been told that one of the reasons the Early June class was cancelled was due to not having the backgrounds completed for enough applicants in time to reserve the spots at FLETC.

Seems like it isnt a matter of not liking the candidates in the pipeline as much as they just didn't have the process done as fast as they were hoping.
                          Last edited by AnotherApplicant; 06-18-2015, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Don't feel bad bro.. You're not the only bastard step-child that was teased and then ignored by NCIS.. I'm in the same boat ship mate.. Referred for both March and April Announcements.. My theory is that they are dropping these monthly announcements to get disgruntled FEDS (probably mostly from DHS) who are sick of being stuck at the border.. It's a win win for both.. NCIS gets someone who has already got the 1811 CITP training and prior background and security clearance so they can be pushed through the process quickly.. It takes a lot of time, money, and effort to push a non-fed through.. Like 1-2 years and more at times.. I feel your pain.. I am beyond qualified, in great shape, and have a lot to give but will likely be left behind. It sucks. I love my country more than most, have served and bled for it but am getting near the age-out limit. In the grand scheme of things, we are but a blink in the eye of history. If we don't make it through this it was destiny/fate that decided it wasn't what was in our cards. I've done a lot of reflection and have learned a lot from seeing things most haven't and won't. The most important thing is time spent with family, staying humble, giving back, and leaving a lasting impression on society, a ripple effect if you will. So as they say they say, especially in the Nav, hope for the best and expect the worst. Fair winds and following seas.. Pretty deep for Officer.com.. lol

Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                            how many of you have been referred, with the letter: "We have completed the review of your application for this position. Your application has been forwarded to the hiring manager for
                            selection consideration. You will be notified of the final outcome of this vacancy." then heard nothing at all after?? This is the 4th posting since December and I have received this on all of them...

Comment

• Got word yesterday that my Med in on the 25th. A little while later got a second email about the wizz test. They over-nighted a kit to a local occupational health office. They gave me a few days to do but I figured I'd knock it out today. Man things are flying...

Comment

• Anybody get any good news?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11212 users online. 228 members and 10984 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X