Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polygraph scheduled! When I went through the DEA process it took two years until I received my final offer. NCIS is warp speed as far as FLEO is considered.

Comment

• Dgm, thanks for that. Very true, I needed to hear that. It's wi th anything in life it is what you make of it!

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I've been watching the post hoping to see someone say they received the call. I applied to the NCIS job posting prior to the last one. I don’t have a timeline, but after my interview I was done with the entire process approximately 3 weeks later.

One of the agents during my interview said they can hire new agents prior to the school starting and that potential agent would work at the Office in Norfolk until the next class started. I think you would be considered a pre-hire. Local law enforcement agencies also utilize this type of hiring before an academy starts.

Did anyone else hear this at their board or received the offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by federal30 View Post
          Hello everyone,

I've been watching the post hoping to see someone say they received the call. I applied to the NCIS job posting prior to the last one. I don’t have a timeline, but after my interview I was done with the entire process approximately 3 weeks later.

One of the agents during my interview said they can hire new agents prior to the school starting and that potential agent would work at the Office in Norfolk until the next class started. I think you would be considered a pre-hire. Local law enforcement agencies also utilize this type of hiring before an academy starts.

Did anyone else hear this at their board or received the offer?
          So you applied in March correct? I think what you are referring to is the NCIS practice of bringing in applicants who received final offers two weeks prior to their FLETC training. If that's what you are referring to, then yes that does happen. A couple guys who received final offers for the June 22 academy are at their FO's now..

Comment

• That may be the case. However, it sounded more like they were talking about pre-hiring for confirmed classes.

Comment

• You currently DEA

Comment

• I am not DEA. I went through the hiring process in 2009. Over the next two years jumped through all the hoops. In 2011 when I got the "call" for my academy date, i declined as my circumstances had changed quite a bit (moved states, got married, etc) during the process.

That, and I had quite a few DEA agents express they were burnt out on their jobs since all they do is "dope" and encourage me to explore other avenues.

Comment

• Anyone know when NCIS will put out another announcement?
                  I have a year reapply hold until October, stayed busy by getting on as a 0083 with DON and starts on my Masters.
                  Hopefully that should help.

I'm sure it won't be soon as it's close to the end of the fiscal year.
                  War of attrition

Comment

• Anyone ever have to request a reschedule of one of the steps in the process? I have one week where I'll be out of the area and am hoping it's not a kiss of death if they try to schedule my medical or drug test while I'm gone.

I know for my poly they gave me a couple dates to pick from.

Comment

• Been away from my computer for a few days. Just an update on my process.

COE - 5/17
                      Interview - 6/10 Passed
                      Poly - 6/12 Passed
                      Waiting for Med...

When I went in for my poly, I asked the examiner about the timeline for hiring. He said, the Director gave HR a big push to hire before the end of the FY. He said this is a REALLY good time to be in the process. I also kept the agents who did my panel in the room for a while asking them about the job. Each of them really seemed to enjoy their work and it seems like a good agency.

I also see a lot of people are reading into getting finger printed. I have gone through a number of BIs and can say that this is just part of the process. It can take a while for FBI to get the info back to the requesting agency so getting them done early in the process is a best practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnotherApplicant View Post
                        FLETC during Christmas, although not ideal, would be better than no FLETC at all. I'll take a GA fall over summer any day.
                        We can all gather at the G-Bar for an ugly sweater party...

Comment

• [email protected],

I can not vouch for the accuracy of this as I am not sure if HR was attempting to pacify my inquiry, but July is what I was told.

Comment

• What's happening in July? Also who has the number to HR? I don't have it. Ive completed everything.

I'm waiting to hear something.

Comment

• Originally posted by federal30 View Post
                              What's happening in July? Also who has the number to HR? I don't have it. Ive completed everything.

I'm waiting to hear something.
                              I was told another announcement in July.

I finally gave in and called her regarding the COE e-mail I received since she would not respond to e-mail. I just searched for the sender in DoD global address book and got her number. She seemed to be at a loss at what happenned, and said she would check into it. Then she gave me the information about the July announcement.

Comment

• March/ April / even May applicants: doesn't it seem weird to keep putting announcements out when there is supposedly only one class lined up before FY end? I've never seen this many announcements come out so close together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5181 users online. 298 members and 4883 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X