300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey

Hopeful, when did you apply with NCIS(the 2nd time around)..

I am waiting for my BI to finish.
    Last edited by thermal; 11-22-2010, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thermal View Post
      Hey

I am waiting for my BI to finish. It's been roughly 8-9 months for the BI
      They were done with me background in 6 months but I had to wait another 4 for a hiring review board and the pool letter. Your probably done already.

Comment

• Originally posted by thermal View Post
        Hey

I am waiting for my BI to finish. It's been roughly 8-9 months for the BI
        I mailed in my 2nd app in June 2007. I picked back up at the one-on-one interview in May 2008. Panel was August 2009. I got the letter that I was recommended by the prescreening board (and BI was started) in September 2008. I got the first call from an agent asking questions about who to interview and what-not in December 2008. The last agent I talked to for by BI was in March 2009. I have moved a ton of times, so I had BI conversations with 4 agents, I think. And I don't live near military bases, so the poor agents had to drive several hours to cover my life. I got the pool letter the 1st week of June 2009.

It is a long process (obviously) and if is possible that your BI will take 8-9 months+ depending on how many times you moves and how many jobs you have had...and if the agents nearest you have time to do your BI.

What a fun process! Thermal, are you done with everything else? When did you apply?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimble View Post
          Technically speaking, you can't fax official transcripts, since a faxed copy wouldn't be stamped by a school registrar and still be "official." In essence, you have no choice but to fax an unofficial transcript, which is all that's needed to screen your application. If you make it further into the application process, you'll be required to provide official transcripts (it's smart to request sealed - in an envelop by school registrar- official transcripts to have on hand when requested).
          I was asked to bring certified copies of all transcripts to the one-on-one interview. I would request them now, just so you have them on hand when you get a call to set up an interview - no doubt you will be eager to set up the appointment and it sucks if you have to wait to get transcripts mailed to you. I went to a small-ish school where you have to mail in requests for transcripts and they have to mail it back to you...it can take forever, or at least feel like it. When I request transcripts, I request 5, so that I have some on hand, if and when needed....it is worth the extra few bucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeful15 View Post
            I was asked to bring certified copies of all transcripts to the one-on-one interview. I would request them now, just so you have them on hand when you get a call to set up an interview - no doubt you will be eager to set up the appointment and it sucks if you have to wait to get transcripts mailed to you. I went to a small-ish school where you have to mail in requests for transcripts and they have to mail it back to you...it can take forever, or at least feel like it. When I request transcripts, I request 5, so that I have some on hand, if and when needed....it is worth the extra few bucks.
            To give an example, a friend and I applied together and were asked on the same day for official transcripts and to schedule an interview. My one on one was in three days and his was in four. I already had mine in hand in a sealed envelope. My recruiter said if I needed a few days to get them he could reschedule my interview for a week or so later. I said I am ready, my buddy said he needed to get his. I had my interview in three days, my buddy had his almost a month and a half later. I am in the hiring pool now and my buddy is waiting for his background to start due to the ripple effect. My point is, be ready. You always want the first available date for anything.

Comment

• deleted post....
              Last edited by MIDeputy; 01-03-2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• She just gave her two weeks notice and starts NCIS end of Jan for a FEB SABT. I just report what I see. Maybe someone backed out of the Feb class.

Comment

• deleted...
                  Last edited by thermal; 11-22-2010, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Kimble,

Do you recommend that I fax my SF-86, even though I have a current TS/SCI issued in late 2008? Thanks.
                    Last edited by CNT Intel Guy; 01-15-2010, 03:14 AM.
                    "The story of America's quest for freedom is inscribed on her history in the blood of her patriots." ~ Randy Vader

Comment

• Originally posted by CNT Intel Guy View Post
                      Kimble,

Do you recommend that I fax my SF-86, even though I have a current TS/SCI issued in late 2008? Thanks.
                      I recommend following the instructions in the vacancy announcement to the letter. Don't rely on some HR type GS-05 at an agency's HQ to KNOW you have a clearance and not disqualify your application for not having everything requested.
                      sigpic

Comment

I recommend following the instructions in the vacancy announcement to the letter. Don't rely on some HR type GS-05 at an agency's HQ to KNOW you have a clearance and not disqualify your application for not having everything requested.
                        +1.

I was recently PR'd and adjudicated for SCI by DoNCAF, but I filled that sucker out and faxed it in anyway. Does NCIS follow the rest of Big Navy and have you fill out the paper SF-86 then do e-QIP later?
                        Big Brother is watching

Comment

Haha, true that! I've been dreading filling out the damn fillable version that doesn't allow you to save (since I can't log into my e-qip). After doing some searching on here, I found the version that lets me save it, so now I'm extremely happy and will fax it in asap. Luckily, I still have my printed copy that I used for my 2008 SSBI.
                          "The story of America's quest for freedom is inscribed on her history in the blood of her patriots." ~ Randy Vader

Comment

• there is a microsoft word version of the sf86 (latest revision july 2008). there is also a save as pdf tool for free download and can convert any microsoft office file into a pdf. adobe professional can be downloaded for free instead of paying 350 and used to merge pdf files, delete pages within a pdf, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                              there is a microsoft word version of the sf86 (latest revision july 2008). there is also a save as pdf tool for free download and can convert any microsoft office file into a pdf. adobe professional can be downloaded for free instead of paying 350 and used to merge pdf files, delete pages within a pdf, etc.
                              Do you have a copy of the word version of 7/2008 SF86 that you can share?
                              ICE SA:
                              Applied: June 2009
                              Test: July 2009
                              NOR: 96
                              SI/Writing Test: March 3, 2010
                              NOR: April 29, Pass
                              TO: 5/24/10
                              Medical: 6/28
                              Drug: 6/28
                              Background:

Also applied:
                              DEA
                              ATF
                              NCIS
                              DCIS
                              HHS OIG

Comment

• type sf86 word in google click first link of results and sf86 july 08 version is there

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5745 users online. 437 members and 5308 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X