Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have heard that once it closes everyone not in the process is eliminated. On the other hand the vacancies state it may be used to fill ither vacancies. I guess I am wondering what stage you have to be at to not be eliminated from a closed token/certificate.

Comment

• My understanding is that once you get a COE you have been certified. At that point you either don't move forward because you blew a part of the process (failed poly, etc) or they determined there were BQA as was the case with one forum member who completed all the steps only to get the thin letter at the end.

The cert list simply determines who gets COEs, which you got.

Comment

• So no news is potentially good news. Time will show. Thank you for the information.

Comment

• I may be stating what you guys already know, but I will throw out what I was told after the interview.

All agencies must offer the COE before they can do certain things like poly/BI/Med. Some do it on the front end (like NCIS), some wait until they must (usually after the interview), like HSI/FBI. They said the COE does offer some benefit to the agency (I think it stops some OPM regs by making a "conditional" job offer, or if age limits are an issue), it also benefits the applicant (probably the cert list you guys are referring to).

And for those "done" with the process, I think we are in the "no news is good news" time, as they adjudicate the group although I thought Friday would bring some calls since CITP starts 22 June. Its anyones guess really.

For those still working their way through, as long as they keep calling for steps to complete, at some point you'll be out of things to do, and either be offered a job or sent packing. The good news is that something will break loose soon as they will need to fill slots by 01 Oct!
          Last edited by IrishMedic; 06-13-2015, 06:33 PM. Reason: Because commas matter.

Comment

• CITP June 22nd Class filled up a week ago. We shall be waiting until the September class unless one pops us before then.
            Rhinoceros

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishMedic View Post

All agencies must offer the COE before they can do certain things like poly/BI/Med.
              Matches with what I was told.

The agents on my panel did indicate that they have never seen a better time to be an applicant. Meaning NCIS is looking to do a lot of hiring in a short period of time, which is obviously different than just a few years back with budgets cuts and sequestration. Hence the reason they've had so many announcements.

Will also note they indicated that if you live "far" from the field office you are processing out of they will typically schedule the poly the day after the interview (assuming you pass).

For myself, I live relatively close to my local office so I'm thinking they had me do my panel last week (even though the polygrapher is out of the office) knowing that having me come back out wouldn't be too much of a headache. That's at least what I was told. And again since I was fingerprinted after interview hoping that means I passed (although I realize HQ has final say)
              Last edited by AnotherApplicant; 06-13-2015, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• That matches up with my panel. I live in the area, but probably outside the commuting area. Mine was the next day and another guy was there that did his panel earlier in the week, but he lived close.

And it makes sense that the June class is full, since I looked at the calendar and noticed that those guys would need to EOD next week. Doesn't look like anyone has heard but maybe they can squeeze out another class later this summer since they have a bunch being adjudicated. They did set it up for March applicants to start in June and Apr applicants in Sept. Guess time will tell.

They did say that 1811's who have already done CITP "could" be hired between classes since they would just join the class when they hit SABT.

Sorry guys, that's all the hope I have left for this summer.
                Last edited by IrishMedic; 06-13-2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Was the interview broken into two parts or was it just one long panel interview?

Comment

• Pretty sure we're all gonna be (if we survive) in the September class. They told me when I did my interview that I would be in the Sept class if I passed all the steps, June was to soon.

Rest easy guys, the time will come. Just stay focused. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Comment

• FLETC during Christmas, although not ideal, would be better than no FLETC at all. I'll take a GA fall over summer any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnotherApplicant View Post
                        FLETC during Christmas, although not ideal, would be better than no FLETC at all. I'll take a GA fall over summer any day.

When I went to FLETC it was during Christmas. . We had a 3 day weekend, I flew home. You'll survive lol. I'd fly home again

Comment

• Someone send me a glimmer of hope and tell me there is a july academy!
                          Rhinoceros

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinoceros View Post
                            Someone send me a glimmer of hope and tell me there is a july academy!
                            HA! I'm glad I'm not the only one with high hopes for that!

Comment

• Does anyone have any contacts within ncis? Not for nothing but i keep hearing neg stuff. Talked to 2 people who had friends as agents, they eother said it was boring or n overload of paperwork... both said they did 5yrs and were out.. I know there are pros and cons to any job, but i keep here the same stuff.. dam

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerz88 View Post
                                Does anyone have any contacts within ncis? Not for nothing but i keep hearing neg stuff. Talked to 2 people who had friends as agents, they eother said it was boring or n overload of paperwork... both said they did 5yrs and were out.. I know there are pros and cons to any job, but i keep here the same stuff.. dam
                                A buddy of mine hooked me up with an agent he deployed with. The agent is currently doing personal security for the commandant of the marine corps, but did general investigations for a while. He transferred from the secret service and said he likes NCIS much better. He did say there are down times, but that's with any agency. He told me general investigations wasn't the most exciting but after a few years you can advance into more specific units. I think it's just what you make of it. Personally, I think every agency has their fair share of down time and paperwork. It's the nature of the beast..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4757 users online. 289 members and 4468 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X