Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new NCIS news???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No LE. No Military. Current fed with bachelors.

    I was fingerprinted after panel so I'm hoping that indicates they are planning to poly.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by grantpmonroe View Post
      19.5 years Military, CI, TS/SCI w Poly, 3 languages. COE and nothing since.
      19.5 years military I'm assuming means you are older than 37. Wouldn't you be aged out from 1811 jobs? Unless you got a specific age waiver? Or do you have prior covered 6c fed service?

      Comment


      • Thankfully not. OPM waives 37 for military retirees. As long as I can meet the physical requirements it is all gooder. Just really confused with the lack of follow up on the COE.

        Comment


        • You brought up a great point about 6c coverage. I am not a current FED, if a posting on USA jobs says required age 37 does that ONLY imply that the position is only 6c ??? For instance, 1801 Land Management LE for Dept. of Interior?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by grantpmonroe View Post
            Thankfully not. OPM waives 37 for military retirees. As long as I can meet the physical requirements it is all gooder. Just really confused with the lack of follow up on the COE.
            Link for the OPM regulation? I know they gave agencies the authority to waive the age limit if it wasn't crucial for job. But I'm not finding anything that indicates a 45 year old recent mil retiree is eligible for an 1811 gig unless they get a (hard to get) waiver.
            Last edited by AnotherApplicant; 06-12-2015, 06:07 PM.

            Comment


            • https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...ces/vet-guide/

              Toward the bottom of the page under age qualifications.

              Realistically it still is up to the agencies. However with that said as long as the anouncement states the 37 does not apply to veterans, traditionally it is not an obstacle. Most announcements including NCIS state as such and give the green light.

              Comment


              • Anything that is 6c covered stops the clock so to speak. So if you have 5years of 6c work and are 40. You basically get to apply as a 35 year old.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by grantpmonroe View Post
                  https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...ces/vet-guide/

                  Toward the bottom of the page under age qualifications.

                  Realistically it still is up to the agencies. However with that said as long as the anouncement states the 37 does not apply to veterans, traditionally it is not an obstacle. Most announcements including NCIS state as such and give the green light.

                  Gotcha. You tried emailing the person who sent you COE for an update?

                  Comment


                  • Yep.. No response. I would rock the boat, but I do not see a reason to. I am sure there is readon behind the madness. If not, I will apply again in July.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by grantpmonroe View Post
                      Yep.. No response. I would rock the boat, but I do not see a reason to. I am sure there is readon behind the madness. If not, I will apply again in July.
                      Gotcha. Good luck regardless!

                      Comment


                      • Thank you. Same to you as well.

                        Comment


                        • 4 years military, bachelors, currently getting my masters and just started working LE.

                          Comment


                          • Friday is almost over... no news from anyone??

                            Comment


                            • One thing I would appreciate some schooling on is the vacancy token/certificate or something similar. I have heard it thrown around a bit, and since I am new to civilian vacancies, I am not sure if I understand it fully. Any education on it would be appreciated.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by grantpmonroe View Post
                                One thing I would appreciate some schooling on is the vacancy token/certificate or something similar. I have heard it thrown around a bit, and since I am new to civilian vacancies, I am not sure if I understand it fully. Any education on it would be appreciated.
                                What specifically would you like to know about the certificate?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 13078 users online. 336 members and 12742 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X