300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
    Interviewed the second week of March and took the poly a day later. Current Fed but not an 1811. Master's degree and no prior military.
    Interesting. Same exact credentials for me with forensic experiences and I got BQA email.

Comment

• Originally posted by echat12 View Post
      Interesting. Same exact credentials for me with forensic experiences and I got BQA email.
      And last year when I applied, I didn't even get referred.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
        And last year when I applied, I didn't even get referred.
        Seems like a total crapshoot. I will tweak my rèsumè and keep trying

Comment

• Yeah I did that on the advice of a retired SA from a different agency. Got referred in December.

Comment

• Originally posted by echat12 View Post
            Seems like a total crapshoot. I will tweak my rèsumè and keep trying
            I am a December applicant who has completed all the steps, and I too had applied previous times without a referral.
            A crapshoot is correct in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
              I am a December applicant who has completed all the steps, and I too had applied previous times without a referral.
              A crapshoot is correct in my opinion.
              I don't know how reliable this information is, but from what I heard NCIS chooses specific applicants based off specific agency needs. For example, if there is a need to fill the Camp Lejeune office, which is primarily a Marine Corps base, they may be more inclined to choose applicants who were prior Marine Corps. They may be even more inclined to choose applicants who were prior Marine Corps and also stationed on Camp Lejeune. If this is the case, I can see the benefits of this because applicants possessing experience around certain branches are educated in specific branch customs, courtesies, rank structure, etc. However, on the flip side, Agents are not assigned to an office for an extended period of time so placing agents in locations based off their background really has no long term benefit. Again, I have NO IDEA how reliable that information is, but I felt it fit in the current discussion topic.

Comment

• The trend I'm seeing is priority is given to current Fed LEO as opposed to prior military. Very interesting and a bit different than the norm. Prob looking at biggest bang for the buck.

Comment

• Originally posted by audio View Post
                  Got my interview date today for next week.

Timeline so far...
                  Applied 4/28/2015
                  COE 5/22/2015
                  Interview set for 6/10/2015

Current Fed LEO
                  BA with SAA
                  Not a Vet
                  Congrats, what region or state are you in?
                  The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• It seems like current fed Leo trumps prior military in this process.

4 years Navy
                    BA/MA
                    5 years inv experience
                    Referred for March and April but have yet to get any further
                    Last edited by pn3karr; 06-03-2015, 10:34 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

• Any new NCIS news???

Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
                      The trend I'm seeing is priority is given to current Fed LEO as opposed to prior military. Very interesting and a bit different than the norm. Prob looking at biggest bang for the buck.
                      Yeah, that would make sense though. If you are a fed LEO you don't have to attend CITP right? That would save a significant amount of money..
                      Last edited by d-g-m; 06-03-2015, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by d-g-m View Post
                        Yeah, that would make sense though. If you are a fed LEO you don't have to attend SABT right? That would save a significant amount of money..
                        If they only want fed LEO, then they could save a substantial amount more in time, energy and money if they only open the announcement for current fed leos!!!! Why let everyone and their moms apply and then only take feds?!?!?
                        Nothing makes any common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking14 View Post
                          If they only want fed LEO, then they could save a substantial amount more in time, energy and money if they only open the announcement for current fed leos!!!! Why let everyone and their moms apply and then only take feds?!?!?
                          Nothing makes any common sense.
                          LOL! It makes sense logistically for them, but you're absolutely right. The announcement should outline which applicants they are searching for. We shouldn't be wasting our time and getting our hopes up if we are not current 1811's..

Comment

• Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
                            It seems like current fed Leo trumps prior military in this process.

4 years Navy
                            BA/MA
                            5 years inv experience
                            Referred for March and April but have yet to get any further
                            Don't feel bad... I have a BS w/ SAA, JD top of my class, 9 years investigative experience, prosecutorial experience, 5+ years USMC, and April is the first time (out of three) that I was even referred.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
                              Don't feel bad... I have a BS w/ SAA, JD top of my class, 9 years investigative experience, prosecutorial experience, 5+ years USMC, and April is the first time (out of three) that I was even referred.
                              Lot of stuff listed there.....except current FED LEO!!!!! GRRRRR!

Comment

• Dang bro, suckin! Yup, think I hit the nail on the head.. Lets hope they approach the April aps differently.. Maybe the idea of deployments will deter current 1811s lol.. Lets cross out fingers. No wonder these guys have been flying through the process.. I've never seen the FED move this quick.

Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17022 users online. 475 members and 16547 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X