Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhino: your absolutely right lmao. Didn't notice before. I do hope you guys get in this June class if not hope for September. All we can do is stay positive and hope that the almighty chopping block does not make its way to us

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerz88 View Post
      Rhino: your absolutely right lmao. Didn't notice before. I do hope you guys get in this June class if not hope for September. All we can do is stay positive and hope that the almighty chopping block does not make its way to us

Can those of you who got interviewed provide a little bit of your background that you think got you so far? I'm wondering what it takes to even get interviewed. Also, is there anyone who made it through NOT vet preferential?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frostbite 22 View Post
        That is not good news for April applicants ... 24 slots per class are filling up
        Especially because the vacancy explicitly states it is only for the September class. Does that mean that, if the September class gets filled up with non-April applicants, that all April applicants are then out for good? Or, will they get rolled over?

Comment

• Originally posted by echat12 View Post
          Can those of you who got interviewed provide a little bit of your background that you think got you so far? I'm wondering what it takes to even get interviewed. Also, is there anyone who made it through NOT vet preferential?
          Interviewed the second week of March and took the poly a day later. Current Fed but not an 1811. Master's degree and no prior military.

Comment

3/19/15 - Applied
            4/8/15 - referred
            4/15/15- submitted eQip
            4/23/15 - Interview
            4/24/15- Poly
            5/12/15- drug test
            5/27/15 - medical (no follow up)

Waiting on BI, which I believe should be wrapped up within a week or two.

Background: 5 years active duty Marine Corps (military police / marine one security), finishing up my last class for my Master's, held several TS clearances, current fed (non 1811).

Comment

• Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
              Especially because the vacancy explicitly states it is only for the September class. Does that mean that, if the September class gets filled up with non-April applicants, that all April applicants are then out for good? Or, will they get rolled over?
              The April announcement states:
              The positions in this vacancy announcement will be filled no later than 21 Sep 15. Applicants who successfully complete the process need to anticipate receiving final offers circa 22Aug15 and be prepared to report to their office of assignment by 20 Sep 15.

It seems to me that this announcement has those hired under it starting before the end of the fiscal year at their assigned office. I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by AMU2014 View Post
                The April announcement states:
                The positions in this vacancy announcement will be filled no later than 21 Sep 15. Applicants who successfully complete the process need to anticipate receiving final offers circa 22Aug15 and be prepared to report to their office of assignment by 20 Sep 15.

It seems to me that this announcement has those hired under it starting before the end of the fiscal year at their assigned office. I could be wrong.

That's my point, sir. My question was what happens if the September class gets filled up with non-April applicants (e.g. all those that are already cleared to EOD)? Do the April applications then self-destruct, or will they be held over for consideration for the next available academy. By my reading, they self-destruct.

Comment

That's my point, sir. My question was what happens if the September class gets filled up with non-April applicants (e.g. all those that are already cleared to EOD)? Do the April applications then self-destruct, or will they be held over for consideration for the next available academy. By my reading, they self-destruct.
                  The way I understand it. You will start at your FO and not at FLETC. it sounds to me that they want to hire you before the end of the FY.

Comment

I don't think we can judge by past experiences; it all seems quite random to me. After seeing what happened to TDF a few weeks ago I assume anything is possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMU2014 View Post
                      The way I understand it. You will start at your FO and not at FLETC. it sounds to me that they want to hire you before the end of the FY.

I see the distinction you were drawing out. I'm pretty sure it is SOP for people to start at their FO just prior to FLETC... as in, a week or two. So, starting at your FO Sept. 20 still means, likely, a Sept. FLETC date.

Remember, the military doesn't want to pay you for weeks on end to do a job you aren't yet qualified for. The "pre-FLETC" days are really just to get all the admin paperwork squared away.

Comment

I see the distinction you were drawing out. I'm pretty sure it is SOP for people to start at their FO just prior to FLETC... as in, a week or two. So, starting at your FO Sept. 20 still means, likely, a Sept. FLETC date.

Remember, the military doesn't want to pay you for weeks on end to do a job you aren't yet qualified for. The "pre-FLETC" days are really just to get all the admin paperwork squared away.
                        The other thing the military hates is not using their entire budget. Use it or lose it.

Comment

• I think the best anyone can do is to be cautiously optimistic but expect nothing. Only a small percentage will get final offers.

Comment

• Got my interview date today for next week.

Timeline so far...
                            Applied 4/28/2015
                            COE 5/22/2015
                            Interview set for 6/10/2015

Current Fed LEO
                            BA with SAA
                            Not a Vet
                            Last edited by audio; 06-02-2015, 07:43 PM.

Comment

+1. But I know of other agencies which give you ample training Pre-FLETC to make sure your are successful with the program.

I also don't think it is a coincidence that the 21 Sept date gives you two weeks before the new FY. If 20 Sept is the start of the pay period, it makes things nice a tidy.

Comment

Im a BA in CJ, multiple internships state & fed.
                                I am also a BP Agent. I'm sure there are.plenty of other guys that are more qualified than I am, so I am very thankful to Make it this far, hopefully I go all the way. We all need to stay optimistic but realistic. Nothing is guaranteed.

I think that all you April applicants will be pushed back if not in the Sept class. You never know they may do another one, since th ey cancelled the first June class. Who knows

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12558 users online. 341 members and 12217 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X