300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rhinoceros View Post
    What's the record for closest job offer timeframe before the academy?
    Some secret service guys were 3 days out from the academy start date before the call came.

Comment

• Mine says selected as well. Still no call. Doing my best to not get my hopes up.

TDF did you apply to announcements after the December one. Perhaps the no thanks letter was from that. Sometimes each announcement is looking for different types of candidates.

Was it an email or snail mail?
      Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
        Mine says selected as well. Still no call. Doing my best to not get my hopes up.

TDF did you apply to announcements after the December one. Perhaps the no thanks letter was from that. Sometimes each announcement is looking for different types of candidates.

Was it an email or snail mail?
        I only applied to the December annoucement. The notification came via email.

TDF

Comment

• Well that's a shame.

Was holding out hope.

Crazy, that you would finish all steps just to get kicked out of process, and not put on some hiring list for future classes.
          Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Well we will see what happens in a few days. Hopefully things get organized and this fiesta train starts moving again.
            Rhinoceros

Comment

Well we will see what happens in a few days. Hopefully things get organized and this fiesta train starts moving again.
              Yeah. Would be nice since I've been waiting for an interview date since I got the COE just about a month ago.

Comment

• I got the axe, too. Better qualified applicants. It stings, but at least I got **** canned early and didn't have to endure months of waiting. March applicant.

Comment

• I will say, having applied to plenty of fed jobs, being an 1811 currently, and having 15 years in LE, I have learned one thing, this whole ordeal is a funny process. From a small OIG who puts an announcement out for 2 weeks (and 4,000 applicants) to select 1 body (who is probably an intern in that office, or the SAC's neighbor), all the way to big 3 letter agencies that hire tons so they always have a pipeline stacked.

A lot seem to be somewhere in the middle. NCIS seems to be into some money, so they are back filling a lot of slots, because with the G, it's use it or lose it (by Oct 1).

They will push people through in groups, see who the best qualified are from those that passed, then make a new "group" from the smaller pool of BQA's. The new group moves forward, and the cycle repeats itself until you run out of steps to do. Then everyone left in the "pool" goes to a final hiring board (normally at the HQ level), and they select those that get job offers.

Sometimes they keep the left overs in a "pool" and other times they scrap them and make you re-apply (which is not the same as being dq'd and told you can't reapply).

And they don't mind spending money to keep you in a pool long enough to redo some steps (poly, PFT, etc). I work with a guy who redid his poly, PFT, drug screen and some part of the BI to get hired! Agencies don't like wasting $$ but that's just the way uncle sugar works sometimes.

Even though it takes a while (over 2 years for me), and 6-8 applications, and I don't even want to calculate the postage I paid to overnight items to DC after not hearing from an agency for a year and then be given 3 days to fedex something back, but we all have those stories, and once you're hired it will be but a distant memory....almost immediately.

Comment

• Medic,

Were those interviewing you able to tell you anything helpful specifc to classes other than the scheduled Sept one, and the hiring time frame for your March group?
                    Rhinoceros

Comment

Medic,

Were those interviewing you able to tell you anything helpful specifc to classes other than the scheduled Sept one, and the hiring time frame for your March group?

Not sure if this is "taboo" or not, but the 911 job forums (where I was a thread admin at one time) has a few NCIS guys giving out some real jewels of info. Nothing too specific, but good info.

The interview for me was all business, and while there was a brief pause for questions, their only focus was the task at hand, so I didn't ask. When I left the interview I was told "we'll let you know" and I got a call for the poly about an hour later.

Nothing since....
                      Last edited by IrishMedic; 05-07-2015, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Word on the street is the June NCIS class has been cancelled, due to a lack of cleared applicants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                          Word on the street is the June NCIS class has been cancelled, due to a lack of cleared applicants.
                          Seriously?... all I can say is wow.

TDF

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                            Seriously?... all I can say is wow.

TDF
                            I knew that was the response I was going to get from you. It sucks to get BQA'd, I've been there a lot.
                            With that being said, you are going to get picked up by the FBI or ATF before too long so all is good in your world! Just hang tight.

Comment

• Random question, with 24/48 people usually partaking in the CITP course, is the SABT course a full 48 or somewhere in-between?
                              Rhinoceros

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                                I knew that was the response I was going to get from you. It sucks to get BQA'd, I've been there a lot.
                                With that being said, you are going to get picked up by the FBI or ATF before too long so all is good in your world! Just hang tight.
                                Indeed, you are stupid close to hand picking your agency TDF.
                                Rhinoceros

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10227 users online. 383 members and 9844 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X