300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
    Hey guys heads up. Just got the BQA letter. Makes no sense. Completed the whole process and didn't fail a single part.

Can't apply for another year. Very strange they keep putting out announcements but don't select qualified applicants.

TDF
    I think it's been stated somewhere in this thread before. Supposedly there is a final panel that makes a decision whether or not you get the ok to join the academy. Those who aren't selected has to reapply again. Big waste of time - sure, but making it thus far should be a huge accomplishment. It means you have what it takes to get there again. Unlike some of us who weren't even invited for an interview.

Comment

• Just wanted to stop by and say hello.

March 15 applicant here, just did the interview/poly. Have seen some good info on this forum, looks like they have at least a couple of classes left to fill this year, so we will see how it goes from here.

Sorry to those recently getting the "thin letter." This can be a funny process that lacks rhyme or reason, but you usually understand that after the first agency you apply to.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishMedic View Post
        Just wanted to stop by and say hello.

March 15 applicant here, just did the interview/poly. Have seen some good info on this forum, looks like they have at least a couple of classes left to fill this year, so we will see how it goes from here.

Sorry to those recently getting the "thin letter." This can be a funny process that lacks rhyme or reason, but you usually understand that after the first agency you apply to.
        Hey, turn your PM's on when you get a chance.

Comment

• Hello,

I'm a May 1st applicant, how long do they typically take to notify of an interview after a posting has been closed? It appears about 3 to 4 weeks does that seem correct to you all? I'm impressed with how fast most of you guys are flying through this process, it looks like most of you have been doing the interview and poly close together.

7 years LE, Vet, Masters

Comment

• Originally posted by Frostbite 22 View Post
            Hello,

I'm a May 1st applicant, how long do they typically take to notify of an interview after a posting has been closed? It appears about 3 to 4 weeks does that seem correct to you all? I'm impressed with how fast most of you guys are flying through this process, it looks like most of you have been doing the interview and poly close together.

7 years LE, Vet, Masters
            I applied in late March and had my Interview/Poly scheduled within a couple weeks which were back to back. The process definitely goes fast at some points. I'm coming up on two weeks since my Poly and haven't heard a peep. I was feeling confident about everything until I heard what happened to TDF (scroll up a bit to see). Now, I'm just sitting here scratching my head and waiting for their next move.

Comment

• Originally posted by d-g-m View Post
              I applied in late March and had my Interview/Poly scheduled within a couple weeks which were back to back. The process definitely goes fast at some points. I'm coming up on two weeks since my Poly and haven't heard a peep. I was feeling confident about everything until I heard what happened to TDF (scroll up a bit to see). Now, I'm just sitting here scratching my head and waiting for their next move.
              Thank you for the reply, how tough would you rate your interview based on all the federal ones that you have had?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frostbite 22 View Post
                Thank you for the reply, How tough would you rate your interview based on all the federal ones that you have had?
                Turn your PM's on.

Comment

• Just turned them on my friend

Comment

• Anyone else have their usaajobs status change to "Selected".

Comment

• Mine says selected. Normally this means you got the axe if you haven't been contacted. Hopefully not for you other guys.

TDF

Comment

• Mine did say Selected and was updated this morning. I was called and offered last Wednesday but had to decline.

Comment

Mine says selected. Normally this means you got the axe if you haven't been contacted. Hopefully not for you other guys.

TDF
                          Went from really excited to not very excited. I did just get a text from my buddy who is an agent he stated his went to selected just before he got his call, I know better than to pay attention to usajobs status updates but I'm just grasping at straws right now.
                          Last edited by Firefox; 05-07-2015, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Mine says selected. Normally this means you got the axe if you haven't been contacted. Hopefully not for you other guys.

TDF
                            Well that just makes complete sense. So, they use code words on USAjobs? Selected means not selected. What stands for selected? Fck Off? If, that's the case I should have been hired by several agencies by now..

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                              Went from really excited to not very excited. I did just get a text from my buddy who is an agent he stated his went to selected just before he got his call, I know better than to pay attention to usajobs status updates but I'm just grasping at straws right now.
                              Than maybe TDF will get the call. For my current gig now (not 1811) I received the BQA and was not hired on USAjobs. Six months later they called and asked if I wanted the job. Funny thing is, I've been working there for almost two years and USAJobs just recently changed my status to hired.

Comment

• What's the record for closest job offer timeframe before the academy?
                                Rhinoceros

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10716 users online. 237 members and 10479 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X