300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by promet View Post
    Morale varies from office to office, billet to billet, and agent to agent. The mobility policy has improved the last couple of cycles, which was one of the bigger complaints people had.

NCIS is a Military Criminal Investigative Organization, so our cases often go to courts martial. A general court martial is the military equivalent of a felony-level court. If you don't know anything about the UCMJ or the military justice system, you probably should do a little research if you are interested in working for an MCIO. That being said, we also take cases to state and federal district court.

New agents typically work general crimes. If you get hired, expect to work sexual assaults, child abuse, deaths, drugs, theft, pay and allowance fraud, domestic violence, burglary, etc.

If you don't want to move, work with the military, or work general crimes, then please don't apply to NCIS. It takes a lot of resources to hire a new agent, and it seems like the only research some applicants do is watch NCIS: LA. Also, being an 1811 does not make you special. Don't apply just because you want a job series.

If you like working with the military, like living in new places, and want to work a very broad variety of crimes, then NCIS is not a bad place to be. NCIS agents investigate violations of state code, US Code, and the UCMJ. You can work in general crimes, counterintelligence, cyber, fraud, polygraph, tech, forensics, JTTF, FPD, and probably a few other billets I can't remember. There's a good variety of work, and I think it's a good experience.
    Can you explain the whole "investigate violations of state code" thing? How does this work in states where feds aren't peace officers?

Comment

• I thought we would see some offers rolling in this week. Maybe early next week.

Comment

• Sure hope so. I am glad that they want 100+ agents and not 10 so I'm sure our time will come.
        Rhinoceros

Comment

• They are getting pretty close if they want agents to report a couple weeks prior to FLETC. I thought this thread would have a lot of announcements. Unless guys are keeping it to themselves.

Comment

• Joint investigations with locals, assimilative crimes act on federal jurisdiction, cross-sworn agents, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by promet View Post
              Joint investigations with locals, assimilative crimes act on federal jurisdiction, cross-sworn agents, etc.
              Thank you.

Comment

• Hoping this week brings good news

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirtymac View Post
                  It would be great to get feedback from someone at NCIS as to the value of a job change and possible decrease in pay. A coworker from HSI came from NCIS about 4 years ago. he stated most good cases get referred out to other agencies from NCIS and that they handle mostly Court Martial type of offenses. He also stated that many NCIS agents could work a 20 year career without ever slapping the cuffs on someone. Seems a little boring, so what are the perks if you like a little excitement? I would appreciate some input.
                  I know a person who works DEA, and someone else who works FBI in Chicago. They have both told me that they have had years where they made no arrest. My DEA buddy said the most arrest he made in a year was 9. Thing is, on the federal level you are doing a lot more of the investigative portion of LE. Using federal resources you will be trying to catch the big dogs and those people don't slip often, which is why you hear of the arrest that has been made after a i.e. 5 year investigation. As opposed to a local cop or deputy who may make 3 or so arrest a shift because they are responding more likely to crimes or things in progress as they happen. Not that one or the other is better or more important. It's just the nature of the beast is different.

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                    I know a person who works DEA, and someone else who works FBI in Chicago. They have both told me that they have had years where they made no arrest. My DEA buddy said the most arrest he made in a year was 9. Thing is, on the federal level you are doing a lot more of the investigative portion of LE. Using federal resources you will be trying to catch the big dogs and those people don't slip often, which is why you hear of the arrest that has been made after a i.e. 5 year investigation. As opposed to a local cop or deputy who may make 3 or so arrest a shift because they are responding more likely to crimes or things in progress as they happen. Not that one or the other is better or more important. It's just the nature of the beast is different.
                    Not only that, but most of the time the big letter agencies like to use TFO's to make the arrests so that they (the big letter agencies) don't blow their cover. The big letter agencies do all the work, and the TFO's make the arrests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
                      Not only that, but most of the time the big letter agencies like to use TFO's to make the arrests so that they (the big letter agencies) don't blow their cover. The big letter agencies do all the work, and the TFO's make the arrests.
                      Well put....
                      An example is how the DEA will ask for the local PD to make a traffic stop of a suspect. Then use the PC to get in the car and find the dope. To keep the operation going because obviously the guy driving the dope around is NOT who the DEA seeks out, they want the local PD to make the arrest, keeps their hands clean until they decide it time to let everyone know the feds are in town.
                      So don't get so down(just a saying, and not accusing anyone), there are more ways to skin a cat....

Comment

• I applied on last announcement..afosi passed me up. So I assume NCIS prolly will as well. Currently work for the most elite law enforcement agency anyways "CBP"

Comment

• CBP is definitely a "world class LE agency"...Stamping and swipping passports takes a lot of skill and dedication....lol

Comment

• Anyone get any NCIS movement this week yet?
                            Rhinoceros

Comment

• Still waiting for an interview date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinoceros View Post
                                Anyone get any NCIS movement this week yet?
                                Just waiting on a job offer. 1811 gods hook me up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12725 users online. 391 members and 12334 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X