Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by will79 View Post
    Got a degree
    Here is the blurb from the old hiring manual (it's outdated but if you look around you can find it)

• HQ Hiring Board – Once your background investigation has been completed, a board of three senior NCIS Special Agents convene to review your entire application package. This board determines whether your application will be terminated at this juncture, or put into the "pool" of prospective applicants for employment.

The hiring board is the last step and it's either "Recommended for Hire" and you go into the pool waiting for a FLETC class (2 yrs according to the manual), or "Not Recommended" and you can re-apply in a year.

You aren't the first it has happened to, so don't beat yourself up and try to over-analyze.
    View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
    http://GS-1811.appspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by will79 View Post
      Got a degree
      ^^^ Yeah bro, I was "perfect for the job" at the SPI and got a BQA the very next day!
      I was shocked about that but I have a feeling when my stuff got lost, the remaining slots were filled and the rest of us just got scrapped. Got the same one year wait line.

Was it something like this:

Dear Mr. [email protected] ,

A careful examination of your application package for employment as a
      Special Agent with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service has been
      completed. Regrettably, I must inform you that you will not be
      considered for further processing.

The Naval Criminal Investigative Service has a very limited hiring
      posture and there are always more qualified applicants than there are
      vacancies. Although you possess the basic qualifications required of a
      Special Agent; there were other applicants deemed more suitable for our
      requirements.

NCIS policy precludes an applicant from reapplying for the position of
      Special Agent until one year from the date of this correspondence. If
      you desire to reapply at that time, you will be required to submit an
      updated application and complete the entire process.

I would like to thank you for your interest in the Naval Criminal
      Investigative Service and extend my best wishes for your future
      endeavors. An official letter will follow.

However, an official letter never did ALSO, my application status says now says "HIRED"
      So, am I technically an NCIS Special Agent???? HAHA! Im joking I know Im not but, hopefully, this time around.

Good luck guys!!!!
      War of attrition

Comment

• Just got called to conduct the polygraph next week! Here is hoping for a COE afterwards.

TDF

Comment

• Nice! Good luck to you!
          Rhinoceros

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
            Just got called to conduct the polygraph next week! Here is hoping for a COE afterwards.

TDF
            Excuse my ignorance, but they do the COE after the poly?

Comment

• For me personally, I did the interview and poly before receiving the COE. However the letter stated the job was contingent on passing both the interview and the polygraph along with the various other steps.
              Rhinoceros

Comment

• Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
                Excuse my ignorance, but they do the COE after the poly?
                Based on my experience everyone that did the interview and poly got a COE. I did not and I imagine I will once I finish the poly.

TDF

Comment

• NCIS is now contacting some of my contacts. Seeing lots of movement.

TDF

Comment

• It feels like it has been waaaay too quiet on here compared to the other 1811 fourms. Is anyone else in the process/had their polygraph fiesta/ or is going through the background investigation currently? ... are all the other applicants are just quiet fourm lurkers?
                    Last edited by Rhinoceros; 04-06-2015, 08:25 PM.
                    Rhinoceros

Comment

• Completed interview and poly last month.

Comment

• Waiting for my medical appointment to be scheduled, I'm about 3 weeks in to my suitability investigation.

Comment

• Anyone else? I just feel like the ATF fourm is the prettiest girl in the room right now, that fourm is always hot.

I am blazing through this process as I believe the last portion of my suitability is next week then everyone would have been spoken to. Med/Drug testing done. Hoping I can get an a-ok from the HQ Panel. Seems like their decisions are a complete flip of the coIn.

Looking forward to hopefully getting into this June class that Im still not sure exists with you guys. Annnnnd hoping I can get more than two weeks heads up.
                          Rhinoceros

Comment

• I'm in the ATF process as well. They are doing scheule B hiring so every few months months a few hundred get to apply so the thread is always got some new applicants joining.

Comment

• Polygraph complete. Told I should be moving on. Contacted by my BI for additional contacts. Medical and drug test are scheduled.

So much movement today my head is spinning!
                              TDF

Comment

• You got handed one large 1811 sandwhich today
                                Rhinoceros

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12767 users online. 476 members and 12291 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X