300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
    So I took a look at the new announcement and guess what? In this announcement they authorize relocation expenses. In the December announcement that we applied to they did not.

Oh well.
    TDF
    TDF, thanks for the heads up! I just checked and confirmed this was an administrative error. PCS allowances are NOT authorized. The vacancy announcement has now been changed to reflect the correct information. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Ronin86,

I tried to PM you but it said you possibly don't have it turned on or have chosen not to receive them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking14 View Post
        Hey Ronin, good gouge.

Maybe you can help clear this one up for me. I received 3 or 4 non-referral emails over a few months, so I emailed the DoNEIC email asking how this is the case. The response was "Typically this is caused by a recruitment having more than one referral cert issued, for the convenience of the selecting official. Because applicants may only be added to one referral cert, a negative notification may be generated for each additional referral cert generated. Our records show that your name is on the referral cert."

But I have never received anything else. Have you heard of this? I am just not making is passed referral? No clue.
        If I understand you correctly, you were notified that you were not referred, which means you were not placed on a Cert List. This would mean that NCIS would not see your application. Unfortunately, from what I've gathered, this part of the process is external to NCIS. So, I was not able to find any additional information. If you are genuinely unclear about what you're being told by the HR Operations Center, I can only suggest that you reach out to them and ask them to provide clarification. As I indicated above, it is my understanding that some of the confusion stemmed from NCIS receiving multiple lists. Going forward, this will not be the case. Hopefully, that will reduce the confusion that many experienced last year.

Comment

Ronin86,

I tried to PM you but it said you possibly don't have it turned on or have chosen not to receive them.
          Hey everyone, I am glad that some folks have found my responses to be helpful. Unfortunately, this is not my full-time job, so I am not in a position to answer specific questions or assist people individually. NCIS used to have a special agent working as a full time recruiter, and he would have been able to do that. I know that people have a lot of important questions related to their specific circumstances, and I am sorry I can't provide specific assistance. I will continue to try to address issues and questions which pertain to the group. Thank you for your understanding! Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronin86 View Post
            If I understand you correctly, you were notified that you were not referred, which means you were not placed on a Cert List. This would mean that NCIS would not see your application. Unfortunately, from what I've gathered, this part of the process is external to NCIS. So, I was not able to find any additional information. If you are genuinely unclear about what you're being told by the HR Operations Center, I can only suggest that you reach out to them and ask them to provide clarification. As I indicated above, it is my understanding that some of the confusion stemmed from NCIS receiving multiple lists. Going forward, this will not be the case. Hopefully, that will reduce the confusion that many experienced last year.
            Thanks Ronin,
            Its just super confusing because they said that according to them I am on the referral cert. Oh well. Guess Ill reapply and see if there is the same problem again.

Comment

Thanks Ronin,
              Its just super confusing because they said that according to them I am on the referral cert. Oh well. Guess Ill reapply and see if there is the same problem again.
              For real THANKS!!!
              I think a lot of people since 2014 that really were NCIS material (like myself HAHAHA) kinda got lost in the shuffle switching to a new way of doing things (the USA Jobs things).
              Certainly that is to be expected. Im sure now and in the future the process will go more smoothly.
              I literally checked the NCIS website bi-weekly for 4 years in college to track hiring, I was glad to see them switch to USA Jobs.

HR and the folks at the SPI/FO seemed like my packet was primed to get picked up, it didn't happen the 1st or second time. It just makes me want to go after it more, (thats the kinda drive 1811s should have anyway I suppose).

The process will get smoother Im sure...
              I got a good feeling about this one!!
              War of attrition

Comment

• Very quiet here...
                Anyone making any progress?
                Rhinoceros

Comment

• Still waiting on being contacted by someone from polygraph services here. No other news.

TDF

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                    Still waiting on being contacted by someone from polygraph services here. No other news.

TDF
                    My suitability investigation is wrapping up from what I was told, now I'm just waiting for my medical/drug test.
                    I think after that I'm done.

Comment

• March 2014 applicant here- passed all phases of the process. was advised in 12/2014 that I was being considered for the 3/2015 academy upon completion of my BI. BI was completed in 3/2015-too late for the 3/15 academy....

Received the rejection letter this week stating that my final application was reviewed and that I was not recommended for hire...able to apply again in one year.

A bit confused, the BI investigator even told my SUP that I would probably be leaving soon when she interviewed him. I reached out to my BI investigator she said there was no derog in my report and stated that there were current 1811s that probably were selected over me.

So, is there no longer a "pool" to be placed into? Just looking for some clarification here.

Current Fed (1810), prior AD Navy (5 years)

Comment

• That is extremely frustrating. Were they looking for a degree?
                        Rhinoceros

Comment

• Originally posted by will79 View Post
                          March 2014 applicant here- passed all phases of the process. was advised in 12/2014 that I was being considered for the 3/2015 academy upon completion of my BI. BI was completed in 3/2015-too late for the 3/15 academy....

Received the rejection letter this week stating that my final application was reviewed and that I was not recommended for hire...able to apply again in one year.

A bit confused, the BI investigator even told my SUP that I would probably be leaving soon when she interviewed him. I reached out to my BI investigator she said there was no derog in my report and stated that there were current 1811s that probably were selected over me.

So, is there no longer a "pool" to be placed into? Just looking for some clarification here.

Dude that blows...

Comment

• Originally posted by will79 View Post
                            March 2014 applicant here- passed all phases of the process. was advised in 12/2014 that I was being considered for the 3/2015 academy upon completion of my BI. BI was completed in 3/2015-too late for the 3/15 academy....

Turn your PMs on please and sorry to hear.

Comment

• Got a degree

Comment

• private messaging is on.
                                Anyone know if you can do foia request for pre employment?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8844 users online. 298 members and 8546 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X