X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant we all just get along

Comment

• Originally posted by kdub1811 View Post
      Again, putting your worthless .02 in trying to pick apart my username....is that suppose to hurt my feelings? You're stretching it big 1811 man! Obviously, you need to read my response again. Although I haven't been in the military I have still had to fill out forms about military history, so no, its not obvious that I should bypass that form. And I have been in law enforcment, including investigations, for close to 8 years, so I don't care if some know-it-all cocky SA trys to throw out pointless, worthless little cut downs. Maybe you should follow in the footsteps of all the other 1811's on here that are willing to answer people's questions, no matter how big or little they may be. I'm not into getting into a ******ing contest with you on here b/c its pointless. There are plenty of others on here that will lend the help if asked.
      You seem a little spun up over a very small issue. Kimble is a solid agent who has been giving great information ever since I was in the process. Hopefully, you can move past what seems like a very sensitive issue for you. I can tell you this, you would fit right in with Internal Affairs

Comment

• Has NCIS ever hired someone straight out of college?

Comment

• Originally posted by bozo View Post
          Has NCIS ever hired someone straight out of college?
          I'm sure they have. I would expect that person to have a very high GPA and some outside life experience like volunteer work or sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by guardianagent View Post
            I'm sure they have. I would expect that person to have a very high GPA and some outside life experience like volunteer work or sports.
            Actually, most straight-from-college hires I've met "know someone" within the agency. In my basic class we had 24 students, comprised of former military officers, former cops (many detectives/investigators, and several 1811's from other agencies), and those from other professional careers. Several had master's degrees. Not one was straight out of college. Since then, every agent I've met who came on after me to the FO I'm at has come here as a second career. New hires that are straight out of college are rare, and without some sort of connection, I've yet to met one.

Some federal agencies do a good bit of hiring of recent college grads (ICE and USSS come to mind), NCIS just isn't one of them.
            Last edited by Kimble; 01-09-2010, 03:21 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Well, as a recent college grad I am glad I filled out that sf-86 *he sighs sarcastically*

Comment

• Originally posted by echoshot33 View Post
                Well, as a recent college grad I am glad I filled out that sf-86 *he sighs sarcastically*
                There's two ways to look at your situation:

1) Give it your best shot, and if not selected and still intersted in the job, gain some experience in another field that will make you more marketable and apply again (this is the route I took, as I also applied right out of college).

or

2) Complain that it's not fair that you spent a lot of personal time giving it a shot and give up.

My recommendation would be to take #1, but as a college grad, you're an adult and can make your own choices. I will say this, even if you apply and don't get hired, you may well learn about the hiring process a little better by going through it, may learn a bit more about the agency and whether it's a good fit for you, and may become better prepared the next time you apply if things don't work out the first go-round. Choice is yours, though.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimble View Post
                  There's two ways to look at your situation:

1) Give it your best shot, and if not selected and still intersted in the job, gain some experience in another field that will make you more marketable and apply again (this is the route I took, as I also applied right out of college).

or

2) Complain that it's not fair that you spent a lot of personal time giving it a shot and give up.

My recommendation would be to take #1, but as a college grad, you're an adult and can make your own choices. I will say this, even if you apply and don't get hired, you may well learn about the hiring process a little better by going through it, may learn a bit more about the agency and whether it's a good fit for you, and may become better prepared the next time you apply if things don't work out the first go-round. Choice is yours, though.
                  I am not complaining that its not fair, simply poking some fun at the situation with sarcastic quip, but looking back at the last 8 posts, I can see sarcasim is the kiss of death on here

Comment

• Having a filled out SF-86 on hand doesn't hurt, either.
                    "Well, there is a delicate corneal inversion procedure... multi-opti-pupil-op-to-my. But, in order to keep from damaging the eye sockets, they've got to go in through the rectum. Ain't no man going to take that route with me."

Comment

• sarcasm not sarcasim
                      grammar police http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9_kahA_wQo

Comment

• Originally posted by mothq4 View Post
                        Having a filled out SF-86 on hand doesn't hurt, either.
                        actually I thought about this after it was done, good to have on hand

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                          sarcasm not sarcasim
                          grammar police http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9_kahA_wQo
                          always one person patrolling

Comment

• poor spelling is no laughing matter

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                              poor spelling is no laughing matter
                              as long as you don't come to my house and tazer me

Comment

• taser not tazer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5313 users online. 411 members and 4902 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X