300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by promet View Post
    NCIS is posting another job announcement on March 18th.
    Can some of the non-vets get a shot at just being referred. This will be my fourth time applying.

Comment

• Non vet here and just had an interview recently. Keep applying. I got discouraged too last year but I'm hard headed so I kept applying.

Comment

• 10-4.........Not sure if I'm not rating high enough or what but I guess we will see.

Comment

• Does anyone know what field offices need the most agents?

Comment

• Originally posted by Golf9 View Post
            Does anyone know what field offices need the most agents?
            Though not an NCIS SA, I was in the Navy and can answer some of this. Largest Field Offices are Norfolk, Southeast (San Diego), Carolinas (Lejeune), and Marine Corps West (Pendleton aka San Diego county). Due to the large military presence most new agents start there due to the amount of general crime and sexual assault cases (which in turn most new agents investigate).

But all told it really doesnt matter because you sign a Mobility agreement and they will put you where there is a need. Sure you get a preference sheet but needs of the agency trumps all. Saying you want a certain office or location will not help you move ahead so to speak.

Hope this helps.
            TDF

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
              Though not an NCIS SA, I was in the Navy and can answer some of this. Largest Field Offices are Norfolk, Southeast (San Diego), Carolinas (Lejeune), and Marine Corps West (Pendleton aka San Diego county). Due to the large military presence most new agents start there due to the amount of general crime and sexual assault cases (which in turn most new agents investigate).

But all told it really doesnt matter because you sign a Mobility agreement and they will put you where there is a need. Sure you get a preference sheet but needs of the agency trumps all. Saying you want a certain office or location will not help you move ahead so to speak.

Hope this helps.
              TDF
              Was told at the interview that Pendleton, Lejeune, and Norfolk are the biggest offices. They explained the mobility in detail and that it usually involves moving overseas to bring those agents there back to US.

Comment

• Advice for the next and future vacancy announcements: Follow the instructions, tailor your resume to the specified qualifications, and ensure to include ALL required documents.

And regarding first field office and mobility. If offered a position, be prepared to relocate to any office in CONUS. It's on your own dime, but then all moves after that are paid. I think the NCIS website has a list of all of the locations.
                Last edited by divinefalcon; 03-14-2015, 09:44 PM.
                View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
                http://GS-1811.appspot.com

Comment

• Got the call. Applied to both the lateral and entry level announcements last spring/summer. Was offered one of my top choices on my list, current 1811. Reporting to the field office in a month. No confirmed date for the add-on at FLETC yet. Good luck to everyone else.
                  Last edited by FutureAgent001; 03-15-2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Will any current agent enlighten me as to what types of tasks a NCIS agent might encounter while deployed to an active combat zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                      Will any current agent enlighten me as to what types of tasks a NCIS agent might encounter while deployed to an active combat zone.
                      I've worked with them downrange...I'll send you a PM in a little bit.

TDF

Comment

• TDF, could you send me that info as well. Deployments is one of the things that interested me about NCIS.

Comment

• Thanks for the information. I was just curious which offices usually get most new hires.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
                            Got the call. Applied to both the lateral and entry level announcements last spring/summer. Was offered one of my top choices on my list, current 1811. Reporting to the field office in a month. No confirmed date for the add-on at FLETC yet. Good luck to everyone else.
                            Did you get the offer as a lateral or entry level? I got the call today as well and was offered my top choice. I am also a current 1811 and got the offer through the entry level announcement. They want me to start in two weeks. I haven't accepted yet. A lot to think about....

Comment

• TDF, you are correct. At that point, our big push was to fill our March CITP class.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
                                Was told at the interview that Pendleton, Lejeune, and Norfolk are the biggest offices. They explained the mobility in detail and that it usually involves moving overseas to bring those agents there back to US.
                                As a current NCIS SA, I wanted to provide some amplification on TDF's comments. I would recommend against focusing on the size of the office, for that can be misleading. In practice, we will send new hires to a wide range of CONUS offices. A lot of our resident agencies are not within commuting distance of the parent field office, which I think it helpful to understand when making your list of geographic preferences. For instance, Camp Lejeune Field Office is a large office, but we will also send new hires to resident agencies (sub-offices) such as Parris Island and Cherry Point. Likewise, if an applicant indicates Southwest Field Office, that includes San Diego, Port Hueneme or Lemoore. Our Marine West Field Office has resident agencies in 29 Palms, CA, Fallon, NV and Yuma, AZ.

When it comes time to make a final offer, there are a number of factors which determine the location. While we do care about an applicant's preference, as has been noted previously, our needs will be the driving factor. As TDF notes, bidding on a specific location is problematic. I will say that it helps us when we see people list both an West Coast and an East Coast location among their top three choices. Of course, do not list anything you will not accept.

Our mobility program is indeed driven to a large extent by overseas assignments. Since those assignments have established tour lengths, we know we will have "must-move" personnel every year who need to be backfilled. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6964 users online. 258 members and 6706 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X