Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I sent an email asking about the not referred email I got last night. This afternoon, I got an email scheduling a panel interview for Mayport FL.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
      So I sent an email asking about the not referred email I got last night. This afternoon, I got an email scheduling a panel interview for Mayport FL.
      Shot you a PM.
      "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
        So I sent an email asking about the not referred email I got last night. This afternoon, I got an email scheduling a panel interview for Mayport FL.
        The same thing happened to me when I was going through the NCIS process. I received a not referred and later had my panel interview in Mayport as well. Don't trust USAJOB updates, the position and agency I am working in now was updated to not hired a month after I accepted the position!

Comment

• I wish you luck my friend. I went all the way to FL for the interview and was told there were better applicants . My background is former Marine, corrections, police, detective, narc, and masters degree. I really dont know what they are looking for... As I said, good luck and I hope someone gets it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dosumthing View Post
            I wish you luck my friend. I went all the way to FL for the interview and was told there were better applicants . My background is former Marine, corrections, police, detective, narc, and masters degree. I really dont know what they are looking for... As I said, good luck and I hope someone gets it.
            Brother I am also a former Marine, State Law Enforcement, OCONUS Security Contractor and I am currently a gov employee with a Master's degree. I have been through the NCIS board, poly, medical, BI and now my packet is supposed to be with the hiring board as we speak. I was told I would be updated by the end of this month after the board met this past week to consider applicants for the March 2015 class. It has been a long week and I have heard nothing. I feel everyone's pain that has been through this process and I wish luck to anyone still in it.

Comment

• I'm not sure I'll move forward but I'll continue as I am also processing for another 1811 gig with a diff agency and have yet to take the poly on that. Current Fed (6 years) in 6c covered position. Master's degree but not a vet. 3 hour drive to Jville but I'll see what happen .

Comment

• All,

I was in a similar situation as a few of you here. I received the moving forward email and then BQA following it. I got in contact with an SSA at NCIS for confirmation and got a quick response saying "Please disregard the email. There was an error with the system. You are still in the process. We are currently preparing schedules for interviews. Thanks for your continued interest in the NCIS."

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but I figured it was worth putting it out there so you can actually get some sleep this weekend.

Good luck to all.

RLTW
                -M

Comment

• Originally posted by Olive Drab View Post
                  Vet, Current Special Agent, and got that email. hopefully this is a glitch
                  10pt Vet, prior Local LE, current Fed LE and crim just degree. Got the no longer selected as other better qual'a apps exist ??

Comment

• FYI. I think it's still a good letter??
                    We have received your application. Your resume indicates that you are either:

(1) a current permanent Federal civilian employee in the competitive or excepted service,
                    (2) a veteran claiming preference, or
                    (3) a U.S. citizen
                    Your resume was not sent to the Hiring Manager for selection consideration at this time.
                    If you applied as a current permanent Federal civilian employee or a veteran claiming preference, your resume was not sent because you
                    were not among the most highly qualified candidates.
                    If you applied as a U.S. citizen, there were sufficient veterans for this vacancy. By law, veterans are entitled to consideration for Federal employment before other applicants.

Comment

• That's the same one Ive received about 5 times now.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                        FYI. I think it's still a good letter??
                        We have received your application. Your resume indicates that you are either:

(1) a current permanent Federal civilian employee in the competitive or excepted service,
                        (2) a veteran claiming preference, or
                        (3) a U.S. citizen
                        Your resume was not sent to the Hiring Manager for selection consideration at this time.
                        If you applied as a current permanent Federal civilian employee or a veteran claiming preference, your resume was not sent because you
                        were not among the most highly qualified candidates.
                        If you applied as a U.S. citizen, there were sufficient veterans for this vacancy. By law, veterans are entitled to consideration for Federal employment before other applicants.
                        bruh. how could you possibly misinterpret this as a good thing
                        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                          bruh. how could you possibly misinterpret this as a good thing
                          Because if ya have any Fed experience. The "at this time" means you may be in the next round of those selected. When you apply for These positions. A " you were not referred" or a " disqualified" are bad letters. I want those getting this letter to realize they didn't make this cut. But there will be other cuts. Over inflated applications , failed polys and PT Yes. I say " not referred at this time " is still good. This is a very competitive career. If you are the lucky one who just applies and gets hired. Good got you but most of us struggle to get that dream job

Comment

• For those of you that have finalized hiring packets that have been sent to the hiring board for review, FYI.. I was notified today that my packet is up for review this Friday and that HR is expected to have the results no later than Tuesday after the hiring board has made their decision. Good luck to all!

Comment

• Here is a good one for everyone receiving the DQ letter time and time again from NCIS....

I received my 3rd or 4th DQ letter a couple of weeks ago, so I emailed and asked how I was not referred (only because of the crazy stories of people getting conflicting answers). They emailed back saying they actually have me on the referred certificate.

Who knows what the heck they are doin over there?!

Comment

• Guess you will find out when someone calls you for an interview.

TDF

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6230 users online. 236 members and 5994 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X