300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
    Im a current fed. I called and emailed them and they said they would look into it but nothing happened
    Man that sucks. Well hopefully you will have better results this time around. Good Luck!

Comment

• At least they didn't forget about your for 5 months like me, then, send you 9 hours away to an SPI just to flunk you the very next day….
      There is definitely some funny business going on with them but, I did get referred under this announcement too.
      War of attrition

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        At least they didn't forget about your for 5 months like me, then, send you 9 hours away to an SPI just to flunk you the very next day….
        There is definitely some funny business going on with them but, I did get referred under this announcement too.
        I have not heard anything from this announcement. I have 4 years federal service. And I'm eligible for non competitive appointment under an OPM interchange agreement.

Comment

• I got another referral for all locations, current Fed and Vet.

Comment

• second announcement, and was referred to all the locations i selected again (though i selected only 3 this time, and not all of them like last time).

Used the same resume, everything, so that explains why I probably got referred again (must have a good resume or something). Nothing has changed except i joined the Coast Guard Reserves since the last announcement, but no vet points or anything. FLEO no degree.

I expect the same outcome though, NS Not Selected like last time for all locations.
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Got the DQ email today. Forgot to add my DD-214 so they labeled me ineligible. I tried to clear it up in an email, however I got the better luck next time. Just my luck these days
              The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
                Got the DQ email today. Forgot to add my DD-214 so they labeled me ineligible. I tried to clear it up in an email, however I got the better luck next time. Just my luck these days
                Wouldn't beat myself too much over it. I think most of the referrals for this last announcement were those with both veterans and federal preference or those with more than the 10 points veteran preference points. Looks like for some these jobs you need both an SF50 and DD-214 in hand.

Comment

• Received a call from an NCIS SA in order to verify my information. She said some people would get an email next week with some paperwork to fill out. From what she described this would be database permissions so I am assuming a credit check and maybe an NCIC.

TDF

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
                    Got the DQ email today. Forgot to add my DD-214 so they labeled me ineligible. I tried to clear it up in an email, however I got the better luck next time. Just my luck these days
                    I too received a DQ email because I forgot to submit a form I can't believe I did that... really kicking myself. I'm going to try to email it to them and see if they'll accept it late, but I'm not holding my breathe...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                      Received a call from an NCIS SA in order to verify my information. She said some people would get an email next week with some paperwork to fill out. From what she described this would be database permissions so I am assuming a credit check and maybe an NCIC.

TDF
                      No call, but I did just get an email from an NCIS SSA requesting some demographic information and a release for BI information.

Does anyone know what happens next? Are they planning to do interviews still? In previous applications, I don't recall doing a BI release before the interview.

Comment

• Also got the email. I think the applicants got something similar last spring prior to the interview.
                        Last edited by dsb05c; 01-21-2015, 02:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Copper,

Just got the same email. It seems pretty strange to say the least. Do you have a prior clearance? Trying to connect the dots so to speak.

Honestly, I have no clue what this means.

TDF

Comment

• I got that last spring.

Comment

• TDF,

Yes I do. I'm with you, they aren't saying much so far.

Comment

• @DH3521- what was the next step after that? Was this just a preliminary thing? Anything you can add would be helpful.

@copper- my initial thought was they were going to verify clearances to possible create a streamlined process for people who would pass the BI. I like to be extremely positive but now knowing they did this before I guess not.

TDF

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6682 users online. 375 members and 6307 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X